The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #501
Astrodust
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,615
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Meh, beats this nonsense

Until we see how they apply the costume to context of the film, I can't say it is worse or better. This movie is getting interesting for sure. Can't be worse than The Greeen Lantern right? Right?

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #502
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,209
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Sad that they re-use the family crest idea. The ***** called the Donner-verse just won't die, will it?
It's not clear if it's a family symbol. It could be a regional symbol, ethnic symbol, or even a national symbol the way it was in Birthright.

We still don't know if Zod's symbol is different.

__________________
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
fanboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #503
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,280
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

It's growing on me. Fairly unique, ceremonial, antique and futuristic at the same time, which is all the rage these days. Little bit of Johns' Jor-El in there, too. He seems to have a slighty darker version of Clark's cape and boots. Maybe Clark's cape is homemade?

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #504
Superman_200
Superman
 
Superman_200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 789
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Since it's in several other threads already...




They look similar. Both have the cape, the "S" and the blue and gray. Very interesting. I am sure it will look really cool on film, like all of Zack Snyder's costumes in other movies.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #505
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,158
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Meh, beats this nonsense

Not exactly the best example since the suits looked fine in the finished film and Thor, in general, wound being a good flick.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #506
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,140
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

I like it.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | WORLD'S FINEST | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #507
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man
 
Sgt.Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,277
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

The suit seems pretty cool, but I'll wait to see an official picture to better assess it.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #508
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,656
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

the design is far too overworked. and it just looks cumbersome to wear, not very utilitarian.

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #509
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,630
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

tho, I actually like the suit it self...
still kinda hoping this is just at test fitting an not a set pic, and that he hasn't gone throw hair an make up yet....

would prefer a beardless look, and something different with the here


Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 10-04-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #510
DorkyFresh
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,206
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
the design is far too overworked. and it just looks cumbersome to wear, not very utilitarian.

DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #511
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 19,581
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Sad that they re-use the family crest idea. The ***** called the Donner-verse just won't die, will it?
What the hell's wrong with the idea?

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #512
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 11,649
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Did they even look at photos of Jor-El? Have they ever been to Krypton? They don't know anything.
well nobodies been to krypton...'cause it doesn't exist.

__________________
Review of Captain America: The Winter Solider in the link, it'll change ya.
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
moral decay
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #513
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,482
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

this suit will look fantastic on film, partially due to the snyder effect

__________________
Face off remake has to star Christian Bale and Robert Downey.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #514
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 11,649
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

yeah, i personally love the look. all this talk about "no headband=horrible" is just laughable.

__________________
Review of Captain America: The Winter Solider in the link, it'll change ya.
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
moral decay
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #515
batman44
Go Speed GO
 
batman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: right here
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It's growing on me. Fairly unique, ceremonial, antique and futuristic at the same time, which is all the rage these days. Little bit of Johns' Jor-El in there, too. He seems to have a slighty darker version of Clark's cape and boots. Maybe Clark's cape is homemade?
I was thinking this myself. From what I can tell both Jor-El and Faora's cape seem to be the same type of material.

__________________
<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited by batman44; 10-04-2011 at 06:19 PM.
batman44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #516
neilzy
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Besides the belly, I think everything looks cool. I don't know if it is the case, but I like that the \S/ is still the El family crest, I think they can keep that aspect and not have it be "Donnerverse". There will always be similaritites no matter how much they try to be different because in the end they are both Superman movies.

neilzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #517
Superman_200
Superman
 
Superman_200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 789
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilzy View Post
Besides the belly, I think everything looks cool. I don't know if it is the case, but I like that the \S/ is still the El family crest, I think they can keep that aspect and not have it be "Donnerverse". There will always be similaritites no matter how much they try to be different because in the end they are both Superman movies.
I don't see an issue with that because no one is going to realize that is where Jor-El got the "S" from. I didn't know that, I doubt many people would know it. I think everyone will assume Jor-El always had the "S". And the ones who do know that came from Donner, I think wont care because the most important thing to avoid from the Donner films would be the camp. If the movie is not campy, and does not have the music from the Donner movies, the audience wont make much of a connection, other than it is a Superman movie. That is the same connection between the Adam West Batman, Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale Batman.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #518
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,482
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

psst WB
Start releasing official photos.

__________________
Face off remake has to star Christian Bale and Robert Downey.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #519
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 17,329
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
the design is far too overworked. and it just looks cumbersome to wear, not very utilitarian.
He's a scientist and scholar, not a lumberjack.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #520
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,354
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I don't see an issue with that because no one is going to realize that is where Jor-El got the "S" from. I didn't know that, I doubt many people would know it. I think everyone will assume Jor-El always had the "S". And the ones who do know that came from Donner, I think wont care because the most important thing to avoid from the Donner films would be the camp. If the movie is not campy, and does not have the music from the Donner movies, the audience wont make much of a connection, other than it is a Superman movie. That is the same connection between the Adam West Batman, Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale Batman.
There is no issue but let's give credit where it's due. The \S/ emblem used as the crest for the House of El is an invention of the original film. It originated in Donner's film but other version's of Superman in other medium's have used it as well.

Donner's film isn't just influential in regards to Superman, it is the blueprint for the modern superhero film. It'll always be the first, where as this just another film interpretation. Just like they'll eventually be another and another, etc.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #521
Kurosawa
Banned User
 
Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth
Posts: 9,485
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly19 View Post
There is no issue but let's give credit where it's due. The \S/ emblem used as the crest for the House of El is an invention of the original film. It originated in Donner's film but other version's of Superman in other medium's have used it as well.

Donner's film isn't just influential in regards to Superman, it is the blueprint for the modern superhero film. It'll always be the first, where as this just another film interpretation. Just like they'll eventually be another and another, etc.
Yeah, it's high time they moved past that, though.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #522
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,656
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
He's a scientist and scholar, not a lumberjack.
i know. it doesnt look very scientist-y or scholarly....it just looks bulky and overworked. i dont know what any of that has to do with lumberjacking.

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #523
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,140
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Man I hope Russell Crowe gets the part. The suspense is killing me.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | WORLD'S FINEST | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #524
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,061
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
psst WB
Start releasing official photos.
If they're barely releasing them for TDKR, less chance for this with it being an extra year out.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #525
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
i know. it doesnt look very scientist-y or scholarly....it just looks bulky and overworked. i dont know what any of that has to do with lumberjacking.

It is gaudy and over-worked, indeed! Busy, is another way to describe it. Have movies somehow forgotten the art and power of simplicity??

I would loved to have gone retro with this:


Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.