Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
The original story for JP3 was so much better. Dinos on the mainland and Grant invesitgating them leading them to the island.
Yah, I don't know why Johnston threw it out. It was supposed to be kind of a mystery. And with that plot, could have brought back that magic.

Feel like posting some concept art from the films:

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472

Last edited by Carnotaur3; 06-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #27
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Is there a JP3 script in existence that had Ian Malcolm in it?

Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #28
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

I don't know of any scripts, but I know Malcolm was originally in the movie and IIRC, Jeff Goldblum even filmed some footage before an injury forced him to leave the shoot.

...I am now authorized to use physical force!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #29
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher Rising View Post
I don't know of any scripts, but I know Malcolm was originally in the movie and IIRC, Jeff Goldblum even filmed some footage before an injury forced him to leave the shoot.
No that was always a rumor. It wasn't true.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #30
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

It'd be awesome if for JP4 they could get the original cast all back for one last adventure. Make the movie something truly grand and memorable.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #31
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

But why would they come back?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

We need a new set of characters.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #33
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

Maybe they can rework the original JP3 plot with dinosaurs sighted on the mainland and it somehow leads to Isla Nublar?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #34
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
We need a new set of characters.
Depends I guess they may want some of the original characters to come back as the audience has characters to relate too?
I also like them to get away from the 'Raptors' I just think they've been overly used in the films. I would like to see maybe some aquatic dino's, like the Megladon or something

Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #35
Rez
Side-Kick

Instead of making this new Planet of the Apes they should have just made it the next Jurassic Park. That would have been amazing- seeing James Franco in a lab playing with dinosaurs, then have them get out and destroy entire cities, and then take over the world and make statues of themselves.

And yes, I'm totally serious. Except for the statues part. Whether or not the new Apes movie winds up being any good or not is irrellevant, from the trailers that's exactly what a new Jurassic Park should have been.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #36
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Maybe they can rework the original JP3 plot with dinosaurs sighted on the mainland and it somehow leads to Isla Nublar?
Could be possible, I guess.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #37
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Personally, I like the Black OPs/Special OPs idea (for a different Island such as Isla Matanceros) but it would need alot of substance. I say borrow some ideas from the games and novels, and mix it in with the film's past.

Let's say the film takes place 25 years later after the incident on Isla Nublar, mysterious and gruesome deaths have been reported and covered up by world government officials (United Nations) along with InGen in a coastal city located in Costa Rica. A joint operation is set in motion, a group of special forces is sent to the nearest island off the coast of Costa Rica (Isla Matanceros) to investigate/eliminate the 'threat'.

The team is attacked before arriving (several die in the process) and the survivors wash ashore without communication, and 70% of their equipment/hardware/weapons. Upon searching for a way off the island, they travel deep into the island (losing several more comrades along the way) and seek an abandoned military base and compound (which belonged to InGen). Here, the unit uncover a sinister plot with the last remaining Dinos and the DX disease.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #38
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
I think the animals can be smuggled off of the island and started to be sold to private owners and to zoos around the world. It may even be that excursions are being made to the island by tourists. A UN security force that watches over the island to protect the animals from illegal hunting, poaching, and other unauthorized visits. It is led or advised by Dr. Malcolm and he has to compete with the idea of making some form of public access to the island possible or the dinosaur populations total annihilation.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post

But if Spielberg is brainstorming I feel a bit better. This movie doesn't need to happen, but if they come up with one, I'll see it.
I think Spielberg and his producer friends Kennedy and Marshall are trying to find the right script that focuses on both dinosaurs and people. I heard a report a few years back, that Spielberg had some set pieces envisioned for a fourth film -- like a pack of raptors pursuing people on motorcycles.

But how to integrate those seamlessly into a fourth movie, I dunno...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #40
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV

it has to be all out war this time. invasion of a caribbean community, catching humans by surprise..

not sure how to shoehorn in Malcolm, Grant, etc. maybe just have new human heroes..

Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #41
8wid
Banned User

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
it has to be all out war this time. invasion of a caribbean community, catching humans by surprise..

not sure how to shoehorn in Malcolm, Grant, etc. maybe just have new human heroes..
I think you might mean something more on the line with Costa Rica because the islands from the movies were in the Pacific Ocean.

But I do like the idea of seeing the impact of dinosaurs living on the ecosystems of South America. Plus not knowing what range of them are there or where they are even at is much more suspenseful and interesting. I hunting team to survey the population would fit well. Led by Dr. Malcolm of course.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #42
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I want Jurassic Park IV to contain the same sense of beliveability the first 3 had. The fact that we're even getting a fourth one brings a smile to my face, so I hope it's worth it.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012

Last edited by Spider-ManHero12; 06-20-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #43
LuisTX85
Z

Dr.Grant was tricked into the situation in the last one,Maybe now it happens to Malcolm!?,I sure would love to see Malcolm&Grant back together the most though and maybe even the chick from the first one with perhaps the kids from the first one But all grown up..... Although it's already pretty hard to come up with a reason for one character to come back and so to get all them back would need a whole lot more of brainstorming !!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #44
chaseter
Bland User

Pterodactyls kidnap Grant and Malcom and take them to Isla Nublar were they find out that the Dinosaurs have been evolving rapidly and they are know able to speak and use weapons. Grant and Malcom must fight them in the Terror Dome.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 06-20-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #45
John McGuirk
Soccer Coach

I liked the original JP3 script that had Grant/Malcolm/Sadler and gang going to Isla Nublar to rescue someone... they had a couple of T-Rexes saving the team from being killed by the Spinosaurus in the end during their escape. It was a pretty rad script, would've been a fantastic summer movie.

Why did that get no reaction?"
Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #46
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

I just hope that they capture the magic of the first film and the LOOK of the dinosaurs from the first film. No dinosaur since has held up as well as that first Jurassic Park film for some reason. Not its two sequels or the King Kong remake. Strange.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #47
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Pterodactyls kidnap Grant and Malcom and take them to Isla Nublar were they find out that the Dinosaurs have been evolving rapidly and they are know able to speak and use weapons. Grant and Malcom must fight them in the Terror Dome.
Yes. **** yes.

I would seriously love to see Malcolm and Grant back together for one more movie, but I can't think of one possible reason to bring them back again. Especially Grant,I'd hate to see them trick him twice into going back.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #48
marvelman2006
Banned User

I would love the idea of some young business suit secretly rebuilding and trying to make the island in the vision of hammond and have the best intentions but also have a dark side to him.

I also say dont bring back any character from the previous movies and cast entirely new actors who are young and charasmatic while also being adventurous.

Story:
The island is rebuilt from scratch by a new business suit who wants to make money off of it and as quickly as possible. We then bring in a rich family who has paid a s-load of money to see the creatures up close and be the ones who test the new park out. In the family we meet the father and mother who are desperately trying to keep there family together by doing any family bonding they can before finally going through with a divorce. The couple has 3 kids who are a 18 year old who is dying to prove to his father he can be his own man and go out into the world and twins who are both 12 (boy/sister twins.) All they want is too see something cool. Before long they go on a new tour created with there handler who turns out be another hero in the film a young soldier. They see 5 different dinosaurs born including new ones we havent seen before and see more in depth behind the scenes as well as how some of the creatures are abused by the workers. Before long its discovered that the new gene therapy the scientist used to grow the dino's has in turn make them more stronger, cunning and more dangerous then before. After a Raptor hurls its self at a power box/server building it causes every fence on the island to fail hence setting them all free. Tons of humans get killed including a few main characters but in the end they manage to get off the island and rescued by the army who in turn decide to nuke the island and after they do the camera pans to another part of the boat where a T-Rex and some raptor eggs are laying safe and secure to be taken to the mainland secretly by the business suit.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #49
Donut
Side-Kick

I say keep a new park being remade thingy but do things differently. Maybe have the CIA or some Government team built from scratch made specifically to deal with the Dinosaur issues & adult Tim & Lex from the first movie are leading that division & they find out that a new park was rebuilt & then say either one of them Tim or Lex ends up stuck on the new Island & does not check in so the one left behind goes to Ian & Alan for help to rescue the person trapped on the Island but also to shut down the new park etc

Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #50
Paroxysm
Banned User

I would love to see a reboot that has more stuff from the books thrown in.

Closed Thread