Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #76
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

I had the same idea some time ago.
Season 1 - Adaptation of the original novel with also original ideas
Season 2 - Takes place some time after season 1 with some of it's plot being based on the video game Jurassic Park Part II
Season 3 - Make something original set one year after season 2.
Season 4 - Based on the Michael Christon The Lost World Novel that was used as the basis for the 2nd film but make it more based on the novel with them using a virus to kill every dinossaur but using the idea of the film of brining a Tiranossaurus Rex to the city, this season would take place 5 years after season 1 but 3-4 after season 3.
Season 5 - Loselly based on the 3rd movie but still with more stories like for example the discovery that sector B of the island survived and the dinossaurs escape from the island.
Season 6 - The government tries to stop the migrating flying dinossaurs and it's decided to destroy the island from within.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #77
Rez
Side-Kick

An actual tv series is a horrible idea. Faithfully adapted, it could be turned into short miniseries with a fantastic budget, but that's unlikely.

As a series it would need to be far too commercial and predictable to be interesting. Typical problem of the week type show with occassional CGI dinosaurs to spice things up. Hell, Terra Nova is practically going to be JPTV, so get your fix there I suppose. I'll be shocked if that show is anything other than one big pile of ****. A great and interesting show based on JP, with compelling characters and a well thought out story, ala something on FX, HBO, or AMC, just isn't what most people would think of with Jurassic Park, and if you're not going to take advantage of what can actually be good about going on the small screen then why bother at all?

Give me a high budget theatrical picture any day over a JP series. Although give me a gun before giving me something like JP3 again.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #78
Lord
All Mighty

As a tv series i'm not saying it should have 22 episodes per season, maybe some 5-14 episodes per season, depending how the story turns out.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #79
Rez
Side-Kick

My point is we all know how a tv series "story" would turn out. While a tightly plotted, intense and intelligent show would be cool, it just won't ever happen. There's not a lot going on in the JP stories to make for very long tales- even if you delve heavily into the science, moral issues, and mysteries that are present in the novels.

If JP would ever be a show, it would be a lot like what Terra Nova is shaping up to be, or perhaps what Primeval is. A few obviously fake CGI dinosaurs every week pasted over the same basic stories over and over. Save this person, solve this sickness, stop the hunters.. etc etc. Stuff like that can carry a single film, but a show? No thanks.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #80
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

I'd be pumped for a new movie. I am totally getting the game too!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #81
8wid
Banned User

What if Alan Grant died? Would fans recover?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #82
DCW
Chief's got it.

Grant's immortal.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #83
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Even if 4 is terrible, it will still be better than 2 and 3.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #84
Rez
Side-Kick

Don't say things like that. I went into 3 thinking that, even if bad it still has to be better than 2... and it was so bad that I now actually like 2.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #85
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

TLW is a bit underrated. Now the San Diego stuff, yeah, I can understand, but the island stuff is great. I'll take a lot of that stuff over the book anyday. The book was too small for a sequel. I can see why Spielberg made it bigger.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #86
Ipodman
Love Tension

I love all 3 movies... best trilogy of all time.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #87
bullets
bang bang

I love the first. It's a great film and could have worked as a standalone for me.

The sequels were enjoyable , not as good but fun to watch. IMO

Also I loved the imagery of a T Rex running around San Diego in TLW

Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #88
Rez
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
TLW is a bit underrated. Now the San Diego stuff, yeah, I can understand, but the island stuff is great. I'll take a lot of that stuff over the book anyday. The book was too small for a sequel. I can see why Spielberg made it bigger.

Oh, I'm with you there for the most part. I just love the first half of the book or so, the whole mystery aspect of it all, which is also present in the first book but missing from the films. I love the idea of it being a secret, of shady, powerful men covering up all evidence of dinosaurs escaping while the main characters slowly prod into what's happening. The book definitely just putters out into nothing after the trailer sequence, though. The initially sinister appearance of the island still having power and such turns out to be nothing, the couple bad guys get eaten and that's it. But it starts great, and all of that stuff is ignored.

I really dig the movie now.. with some clever editing it could absolutely fantastic. Cut out a couple of Kelly moments, insert the deleted scenes, and end the film right as the Rex roars over the shoreline of the city with the whole "Now you're John Hammond" bit and you've got a solid film with very few flaws.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #89
LuisTX85
Z

I love TLW(including most of the city stuff)and even 3,I of course think the first one is the best and IF 1&2 were more like the books then even better But I still think 2&3 are darn underrated!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #90
Rez
Side-Kick

God I hate 3 so much. It's an abomination. It's entire plot is recycled from about 1/3 of the plot of TLW(rescue mission.. and that's it, folks!). The acting was terrible and the script nonexistant. Where the first two films at least gave us some decent characters, this film gives us.. the Kirbys.

Worst of all is that visual effects, despite being made almost a decade later, are considerably worse than that of the original film. Johnston had no idea how to shoot the dinosaurs- so instead every time he has them on screen the camera is either sped up(for the Raptors) or shaking all around(for the Spino). Absolutely awful.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #91
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
I love all 3 movies... best trilogy of all time.
Definitely one of my favorites.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #92
Lord
All Mighty

Jurassic Park III was like a ride, simple entertainment, the others were kind of that too actually, they need to make the 4th one spectacular if they want this franshise to return

Old 06-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #93
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

^^ Very true, my friend. The 4th one needs to still have that "Jurassic Park" feeling that the first 3 had. It's a needed element.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #94
Lord
All Mighty

And modernize it, for example, films like Avatar for example take take the ride element and try to make the new public swallow it by using even more amazing scenarios

Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #95
8wid
Banned User

I want to see one of the original cast be killed off by a dinosaur. Which one should go Grant or Malcolm? Be funny to see a Spino eat Malcolm.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #96
Lord
All Mighty

While i like TLW i didn't like Malcolm there and kinda felt sorry for the bad guy that was eaten in the end.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #97
Ipodman
Love Tension

I felt sorry for the guy who got eaten in the toilet lol

Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #98
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
I felt sorry for the guy who got eaten in the toilet lol

What a bad place to die

Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #99
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

The original remains one of my all-time favorite movies and often gives tough competition for my number one favorite. I enjoy both TLW and JP3, but neither is anywhere near the original for me.

...I am now authorized to use physical force!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #100
Ipodman
Love Tension

The younger me preferred TLW more than JP because it had more dinosaurs and of course the city rampage... and then JP3 came out and JP3 instantly became my new favourite. Now I'm just waiting for the whole trilogy to come out on Blu-ray so I can re-live the magic!

Closed Thread