Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #26
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
Here:

I would so do "the laundry" with Wonder Woman....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #27
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
the new one, lower left, just above the shoe.
Ah, not one of the two I find ugly; The original, but I understand why I find it ugly, it's just too outdated. And then the skinny one under Mullet Supes; That's actually one of my fave styles for Superman, but that \S/ is just sad looking.

I only have a minor distaste for the top part of the new \S/, I think it should stretch all the way across the top, but again, only a minor nitpick from me.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #28
GreenKToo
In the fire

If its bad, i'll blame nolan, snyder, and WB..they'll be plenty to spread around.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #29
Majik1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Seen it, the Red Eyes are still present there.
Then you must be color blind. Look at Cyborg's glowing red eye and then look at Superman; They are not the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
to be honest I'm not really sure....just something about it
I don't know, I think it works well honestly, I think it accentuates the cape and vice versa actually.
Quote:
and right on...This IS a Zack Snyder film...not a Christopher Nolan film
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
right on thank you dont mind MOT he has been bashing Snyder for months now and is somehow giving Campbell a free pass for the crappy GL saying it is not his fault lol
but if superman is bad trust me it will be sndyer bashing from him
Yeah, I've noticed his hating on everything about the movie almost but it happens.

But what's sad is that no matter how good-amazing Man of Steel will be, Nolan is going to get the credit from the majority of the fanboys and maybe a few critics.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
right on thank you dont mind MOT he has been bashing Snyder for months now and is somehow giving Campbell a free pass for the crappy GL saying it is not his fault lol

well look at who his freaking avatar is!!! Of course a craptastic Green Lantern would get a free pass...and Green Lantern's suit sucks bad by the way. They never should have used a CGI suit...dumb idea

Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #31
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:

Campbell will definitely get a free pass.

The approach the studio and producers wanted for this thing was planned out before Campbell was even hired. They wanted to go the zany comedy route and not take this seriously.

I'm confident the script and approach to MoS will be great. It was done by a winning team.

The script to Watchmen was great too. ZS's direction (boring and out of place slow-mo action sequences, incorporating contemporary music in drawn out montages etc) killed it though.

It didn't surprise me when it flopped and got bad WoM.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

if MOS ends up being a great movie, both Nolan and Snyder will get my appraisal. Nolan for setting it up (putting the pieces in place) and Snyder for hitting it out of the park (elevating his style and efforts from his previous movies).

Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #33
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Campbell will definitely get a free pass.

The approach the studio and producers wanted for this thing was planned out before Campbell was even hired. They wanted to go the zany comedy route and not take this seriously.

I'm confident the script and approach to MoS will be great. It was done by a winning team.

The script to Watchmen was great too. ZS's direction (boring and out of place slow-mo action sequences, incorporating contemporary music in drawn out montages etc) killed it though.

It didn't surprise me when it flopped and got bad WoM.
The zany comedy route was for when Jack Black was attached to the movie...they gave up on that so Martin Campbell is just as much to blame as everybody else...try again

Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #34
Project862006
Banned User

one word:Hypocrite

lets move along now done with you

Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #35
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Then you must be color blind. Look at Cyborg's glowing red eye and then look at Superman; They are not the same.
Look at Aquaman and Wonder Woman with normal human-like eyes. That's what Superman is traditionally drawn with.

In that picture, his eyes are suspiciously different. It does look like a glowing eye effect.

I'm not blind, Superman on the other hand looks like he could be though.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
if MOS ends up being a great movie, both Nolan and Snyder will get my appraisal. Nolan for setting it up (putting the pieces in place) and Snyder for hitting it out of the park (elevating his style and efforts from his previous movies).
Exactly...it's like a game of t-ball. Nolan set the ball on the tee and all Snyder has to do is smack the hell out of it and hit a homerun...which I'm hoping will be pretty easy with this Dream Team cast he has

Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #37
Majik1387

Oy I'm done talking about his eyes with you. It's bad enough the majority of people here don't know how costuming works yet they still come to the costuming thread.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #38
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Look at Aquaman and Wonder Woman with normal human-like eyes. That's what Superman is traditionally drawn with.

In that picture, his eyes are suspiciously different. It does look like a glowing eye effect.

I'm not blind, Superman on the other hand looks like he could be though.
it still looks nothing like Cyborg's eye...

Old 06-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #39
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
The zany comedy route was for when Jack Black was attached to the movie...they gave up on that so Martin Campbell is just as much to blame as everybody else...try again
They most definitely didn't. The screenplay by Bertlani, Guggenheim etc played up the zany comedy.

The studio demanded it, they wanted to ape Ironman... that was the initial gameplan for this project.

The approach to this material was already set before Campbell was brought on board.

I'm not defending this movie, it could very well be the biggest superhero flop ever, given it's 300$ million pricetag.

All I'm saying is I'm willing to bet Campbell won't be blamed for this, it wasn't his vision. He didn't have complete free reign like Bryan Singer and Warners and the Producers already deciding how they're going to handle GL before Campbell (the safe studio choice) was brought on to direct it.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #40
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
They most definitely didn't. The screenplay by Bertlani, Guggenheim etc played up the zany comedy.

The studio demanded it, they wanted to ape Ironman... that was the initial gameplan for this project.

The approach to this material was already set before Campbell was brought on board.

I'm not defending this movie, it could very well be the biggest superhero flop ever, given it's 300$ million pricetag.

All I'm saying is I'm willing to bet Campbell won't be blamed for this, it wasn't his vision. He didn't have complete free reign like Bryan Singer and Warners and the Producers already deciding how they're going to handle GL before Campbell (the safe studio choice) was brought on to direct it.
I bet he wiiiiiilllll

Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #41
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
it still looks nothing like Cyborg's eye...
I never said it did. Superman's eyes are clear though suspiciously, despite Aquaman having normal eyes that Superman is usually drawn with.

It doesn't take rocket science to see what they've done here.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #42
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
I bet he wiiiiiilllll
Ryan Reynolds AKA Van Wilder in Space will take the most heat from this from the fans.

He was always a bizarre choice for Hal.

Though it's amusing how all of his comicbook performances were fails; Blade Trinity, Wolverine... now this. Watch out RIPD.

Again, the studio screwed up here... trying to go for him in some attempt to ape Robert Downey Jr, it doesn't surprise me the runners up were goofs like Bradley Cooper and Justin Timberlake too. Warners had their direction planned for this, it was just the wrong approach.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #43
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

oh well...it would be stupid to make his eye glow red constantly

Old 06-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #44
camp Blood
For your health!

to me it looks like his eyes are shadowed

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #45
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds AKA Van Wilder in Space will take the most heat from this from the fans.

Though it's amusing how all of his comicbook performances were fails; Blade Trinity, Wolverine... now this. Watch out RIPD.

Again, the studio screwed up here... trying to go for him in some attempt to ape Robert Downey Jr, it doesn't surprise me the runners up were goofs like Bradley Cooper and Justin Timberlake too. Warners had their direction planned for this, it was just the wrong approach.
I liked Blade Trinity...Ryan Reynolds is crap anyway. I never really liked him...he's had a few movies that I cared for. The rest was garbage

Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #46
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
to me it looks like his eyes are shadowed
I hope it's not make up!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #47
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
oh well...it would be stupid to make his eye glow red constantly
I agree.

Though I do remember some artist from DC mentioning once that it was considered as a way to realistically differenciate Superman's identity and appearance from Clark.

Kinda like giving Superman a mask with these clear eyes, while Clark wears the glasses.

I'm not a fan of the idea though, at least not with them Red. Clear white wouldn't look as bad. Red looks menacing.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #48
camp Blood
For your health!

is GL really getting negative reviews?

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #49
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:

sorry man but the main complaint is the direction not reynolds not blake not cgi they say all those things are good but the direction,pacing,editing,script is the problem all the thing that the director should have control of.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #50
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I agree.

Though I do remember some artist from DC mentioning once that it was considered as a way to realistically differenciate Superman's identity and appearance from Clark.

Kinda like giving Superman a mask with these clear eyes, while Clark wears the glasses.

I'm not a fan of the idea though, at least not with them Red. Clear white wouldn't look as bad. Red looks menacing.
red eyes would not make him seem approachable by people

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
is GL really getting negative reviews?
and to answer your question...yes

Closed Thread