The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #76
DE LA LUNA
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - Part 6

I hope they tease us and reveal parts of the suit only to have the major reveal till a two - three months before release.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #77
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I don't think a suit image will be the best idea right now because I see nothing but people complaining about it, especially if they ditch the trunks. That may lead to bad press for DC in general. Smartest thing for them to do at this point is wait a bit then release a pic of catwoman, then superman.
or at least a pic of the shield that will be used

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #78
camp Blood
For your health!

^^ that would be sweet

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #79
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'd settle for that

Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #80
Rooster Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I would so do "the laundry" with Wonder Woman....

it appears that Superman has a yellow belt than a red one. I like and trust Jim Lees design than the other ones. I'm cool with no trunks.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #81
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Booster View Post
it appears that Superman has a yellow belt than a red one. I like and trust Jim Lees design than the other ones. I'm cool with no trunks.
where are you getting this info? All the new drawings have Superman in a red belt

Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #82
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

Quote:
I don't think a suit image will be the best idea right now because I see nothing but people complaining about it, especially if they ditch the trunks. That may lead to bad press for DC in general. Smartest thing for them to do at this point is wait a bit then release a pic of catwoman, then superman.
how about a reveal of Catwoman...........wearing the Superman suit??

Old 06-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #83
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Or Selina wearing panties with the Superman shield on the back.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #84
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEdge View Post
how about a reveal of Catwoman...........wearing the Superman suit??
nah, make it Amy Adams with brown hair draped in the Superman Cape with the new "S" symbol on it.........even if they choose to not have the "S" on the cape in the movie itself lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #85
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
nah, make it Amy Adams with brown hair draped in the Superman Cape with the new "S" symbol on it.........even if they choose to not have the "S" on the cape in the movie itself lol
that would be cool

Old 06-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #86
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

I kind of think that with the bad reviews that GL is getting, that if it doesn't do particularly well at the box office WB/DC might want to play it safe with MOS where they can to appeal to as many people as possible. Part of that 'playing it safe' might be going full Classic with the costume so as not to piss of the majority of fans. Fans that want the classic costume faithfully recreated up on the screen, outnumber the proponents of radical changes to the costume (eg. ditching the trunks) by I would estimate more than 4 to 1. It's likely much higher. but I'll go with that figure.

The new DC costume is totally unproven, so I'm still not convinced Nolan/Snyder and WB are going to risk alienating a huge block of the fans by going againt 65+ years of tradition. They need to get as many butts in seats as possible that opening weekend. A crappy looking Superman imo = Less butts in seats,and less repeated viewings. The publics first exposure to the costume reveal had better be a HOLY S*** THAT'S AMAZING! Moment, or this movie is going to swimming against the tide of diminished expectations and indifference.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #87
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
I kind of think that with the bad reviews that GL is getting, that if it doesn't do particularly well at the box office WB/DC might want to play it safe with MOS where they can to appeal to as many people as possible. Part of that 'playing it safe' might be going full Classic with the costume so as not to piss of the majority of fans. Fans that want the classic costume faithfully recreated up on the screen, outnumber the proponents of radical changes to the costume (eg. ditching the trunks) by I would estimate more than 4 to 1. It's likely much higher. but I'll go with that figure.

The new DC costume is totally unproven, so I'm still not convinced Nolan/Snyder and WB are going to risk alienating a huge block of the fans by going againt 65+ years of tradition. They need to get as many butts in seats as possible that opening weekend. A crappy looking Superman imo = Less butts in seats,and less repeated viewings. The publics first exposure to the costume reveal had better be a HOLY S*** THAT'S AMAZING! Moment, or this movie is going to swimming against the tide of diminished expectations and indifference.
that is oh so true...because my first impression of the suit is a huge one

Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #88
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
that is oh so true...because my first impression of the suit is a huge one
Agreed...I mean if anything, one could say that the initial reaction of when the SR suit was first revealed was a precursor towards how the film itself would later be received.

Granted, I'm not saying that the suit makes up for the quality of the film, but first impressions are severely important imho.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #89
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I hope we get an awesome suit

Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #90
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post

I dont really agree with this, as much as we think the costume is important most people probably don't care all that much. The story has to be good, bottom line, people aren't going to hate a movie based on a costume. Given it does no favors when it gets bad press but batman does fine. I don't think many people sat through superman returns and said, "the symbols to small and the red isn't bright enough". Your right that the first impression has to be positive but the fans don't nearly make up that much of the total income of the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to remove the trunks that people would be more interested because they feel like they can take the character seriously. At the end of the day I'm curious to see what costume they go with.

Last edited by solidsnake86; 06-17-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #91
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I dont really agree with this, as much as we think the costume is important most people probably don't care all that much. The story has to be good, bottom line, people aren't going to hate a movie based on a costume. Given it does no favors when it gets bad press but batman does fine. I don't think many people sat through superman returns and said, "the symbols to small and the red isn't bright enough".
I bet they did...plenty of people hated that costume so much they let it ruin the film for them instead of letting the weak story ruin the film...the look of a character is VERY important

Old 06-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #92
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

When I think of plenty of people I like to not think about complaints on a message board for comic book movies. Personally from the people I heard from who aren't comic book fans it was the story with the kid and the lack of action that dragged the movie down.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #93
routhman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE LA LUNA View Post
I hope they tease us and reveal parts of the suit only to have the major reveal till a two - three months before release.
A true superhero striptease.

EDIT: I would hate that. Just reveal the whole damn thing now, as Snyder said would happen.

Last edited by routhman; 06-17-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #94
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
When I think of plenty of people I like to not think about complaints on a message board for comic book movies. Personally from the people I heard from who aren't comic book fans it was the story with the kid and the lack of action that dragged the movie down.
I'm sure but I swear from reading posts on here you'd think that suit had killed somebody

Old 06-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #95
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

No doubt about that, lol. For me the suit stayed true and was poorly executed but in some shots it looked phenomenal. Throughout the movie though, for me at least, I just stopped paying attention to how it looked in every scene.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #96
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #97
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #98
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post

That is a awesome suit.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #99
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

That's damn near avatar worthy.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #100
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Kinda' reminds me of......

Closed Thread