The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #26
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Bleach HQ

Ichigo did save all of SS and Karakura town from Aizen.

The least they could do is aid Ichigo in a time of need.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

i'm not saying about them giving up their reatsu i'm talking about just showing up when they probably aren't needed.

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #28
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I certainly hope this Fullbring story arc goes somewhere interesting, having all those guys come out feels almost like fan service.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #29
BobbyCorwin88

Bleach is pretty much one of 2 mangas I follow. Always been a fan. Then anime is good when it's not in filler mode and they have a good animation staff.

I love how Tite has given the characters a makeover. His art style is what intrigued me in the first place. Ichigo's look is pretty impressive and I like that he redesigned Rukia a bit.

As far as the Fullbring arc is concerned, I felt like it was a build up arc the moment I saw what was going on. I'm glad it answered some questions I had about Chad and Orihime's abilities, but I still want to know what's going on with Karin. And I really wanna know more about Isshin's past.

BobbyCorwin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #30
November Rain
Single Mother

all the captains and vice captains coming in now seems a lil overkilly for me.

and having ginjou losing his cool now probably either means its curtains for him relatively soon or he is just playing the role

nice to see tsuki has made a quick exit, he's another character who is too good to go down to at this moment.

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #31
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Latest chapter was a really good beginning set up for Ginjo being a substitute shinigami in the past. It was one of the main things I kept thinking to myself whenever that "stolen" SS badge kept popping up in chapters past.

I like where this is going and I'm glad they've taken this approach with Ginjo.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #32
November Rain
Single Mother

it makes sense why it was mentioned that ichigo's own form looked somewhat familiar?

nice revelation but the pace of the story is somewhat incredibly slow. nice artwork but if you also consider the week hiatus we got, the story hasn't really done more than about five minutes of real time and there has been minimal forward progression in it

instead we are just getting revelations on stuff.

I think it either needs more action or a complete pause an a jam packed issue full of explanation but tite hasn't done one of those in a real long time, i think his story telling manner has chanced since he started bleach.

or maybe it's just the way i'm reading it, the pace of the anime version should be better, i kinda felt that way with the deicide chapter as well and it turned out alright when they animated it.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #33
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The pace has always felt like that to me when reading chapter to chapter on a weekly basis.

It flows a lot better in one single read when the arc has wrapped up completely.

Personally I'm really liking the story but I do hope the grandiose factor does come back in because the Fullbringer arc so far up until three chapters recent has been a more "grounded" stories in comparison to what we got before.

Maybe its Tite idea of giving the reader and himself a breaking seeing as we got a ton of that "godly/epic" like battles and events ensue not to long ago.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 AM   #34
November Rain
Single Mother

Well originally i thought this was an arc that would help get the namaka back up to speed with the rest of soul society and also help enhance their friendship bonds (especially with chad and ishida since they kinda sat on the sidelines for a long time).

to some extent i preferred its grounded nature but it seems all the greatness we got from tsukishima has been left alone while we focus on ginjou and also with the gotei showing up, it makes them the main focus of the story.

everyone has forgotten that pretty much everyone ichigo loves is in the viscinity and could be blown up at any moment, heck even his raging getsuga tenshou's that he seems to be missing would have blown up the entire mansion if it was on target, hardly the act of a hero who's whole ethos is protecting others.

i liked in deicide when ichigo arrived back in karura town that he quickly scanned for everyone and made sure they were safe, they moved aizen to a safer location to do battle. Now he just doesn't give a monkies.

it feels inconsistent

Old 08-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #35
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

You do make some very valid points. I actually do agree with a lot of that.

It does feed the argument that as of recent Bleach has been struggling a bit from some plotting and characterization although some would argue that maybe Ichigo is also constantly changing (even if its toward being more reckless). The problem would be if Kubo doesn't address this problem and fixes it. That would sadly cement all the opinions that the narrative is going through some turbulence due to Tites writing.

Personally though with what I've read I am still pretty content. Hopefully Tsukishima and company isn't completely forgotten about though.

At least the art is still really nice.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 04:19 AM   #36
November Rain
Single Mother

he normally ends up forgetting about some characters during at least one arc but there are far too many awols in this one (almost half the cast of the show)

oh yeah, the art's amazing, the one with ichigo swinging his sword as a full page is just amazing, considering it's a counter sword swing as well.

one thing this chapter does show though is ginjou was a serious threat to soul society at one point or is a potential serious threat if they needed ichigo's powers back to face down with him, and now he has the added abilities of various fullbrings and also ichigo's fullbring, so his bad@ssery must go all the way to 11

i'm sure they will come back, tite is like any man and can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

its a shame though, naruto has three times as much story progression in almost the same amount of space.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 AM   #37
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Yet the art in Naruto has been atrocious as of lately.

To the point where I personally can't even read it. I took a break during the meeting of the five kages or a little after the mission was given to Naruto to find Bee.

At that point in the manga the illustrations still looked superb.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #38
November Rain
Single Mother

well i don't really read naruto but i do think the anime has caught up with that now, so it's probably better to watch it I think naruto was given that mission less than a month ago in the anime.

for some reason i accept subpar artwork in black and white as long as the story drives it. if it was inked, that would be a different kettle of fish.

I can't deny tite's art, it's alot better than nearly all other mainstream manga out at this time, i mean this is just beautiful

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

but still

i suppose it doesn't help with me being a member of a spoiler bleach forum which means my waiting is that bit longer.

and there were alot of stylized panels this week though

Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #39
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

That such a great panel.

Yeah, the illustrations are stellar. It's great to see how much he's grown as an artist all these years.

In a couple of interviews I think he said that he even learned some stuff from some of the great artist in the anime crew (Noriyuki's team) and implemented it in the manga.

Making Orihime a softer and supple in look versus the more sharp lined look and a bunch of other for example and a bunch of other more prominent stylistic changes to a lot of the main cast appearances. It's been for the better though. IMO.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #40
November Rain
Single Mother

yeah if there is one thing i can't complain about it's the art

except ishida looks a lot like lisa, or vice versa and it's playing with my apparent sexuality

Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #41
Liam_H
Side-Kick

The art in Bleach may be well done but its terribly annoying how slow the story progression is. How many times have we seen an entire panel devoted to the swing of a sword or it slashing through something. It can be effective for dramatic effect but its meaningless now since Bleach uses it in almost every issue. There doesn't need to be half a page to show someone reacting strongly to something.

Spill

Old 08-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #42
November Rain
Single Mother

i would say there are at least five pages in this chapter that is kinga filler

Old 08-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #43
CrazyKnuckles
Side-Kick

I'm a pretty big Bleach fan, one of my fav long running shonen. I have all 35 volumes avalible in the U.S. as well as the artbook & the profile & color bleach books. I watch the series ever Saturday night on AS, and have 6 of the boxsets.

Overall I would say its a solid series, it has its fair amount of flaws, but its decent overall, and I don't mind it having slow arcs.

(also...Rukia is smexy *shot*)

CrazyKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #44
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I wouldn't say the story is slow as in it takes its time to develop or anything but that it is literally slowly told. It's like your reading a book and it takes an hour for you to turn to the next page.

Spill

Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #45
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

here's some screencaps of the Bleach vid im working on...
check my sig for more. 5 more vfx shots and im done...

Ichigo's cg mask (w/e its called)

Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #46
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post
here's some screencaps of the Bleach vid im working on...
check my sig for more. 5 more vfx shots and im done...

Ichigo's cg mask (w/e its called)

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #47
November Rain
Single Mother

Look like the story is taking us to that predicted squaring off notion we all thought it would

I only have one problem with this

ichigo's getsuga tenshou could have taken out the strongest fullbringer without on his own if not for the power transfer, now his energy is down, and it's been shared out among the rest. Ichigo is in shikai, all the captains have bankai upgrades plus ichigo still potentially has a lot more up his sleeve and could potentially take out the entire fullbring lot on his own. These antagonists just seem completely pointless to me now

i could only see yukio tsukishima ginjou being a real threat anywho but they are more than over stretched with

urahara
isshin
kenpachi
hitsuguya
byakuya
ichigo
rukia
ikaku
renji
and a wounded ishida

ten to three odds are just crazy.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #48
Raven X
Nevermore

the thing I'm most curious about now is Ichigo's father's past.

it seems he was a captain level shinigami......

I'd like a story arc focusing on his time in Soul Society and what caused him to leave to the real world.......

Disney Lover!!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #49
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

There are a lot of questions remaining that much is for certain.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #50
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
There are a lot of questions remaining that much is for certain.
it will also be interesting if any of the current captains know Ichigo's dad from before........

Disney Lover!!