The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #726
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Is Wardell the guy who leaks BS? The name sounds familiar; I think he's the one who said Fin-Fang-Foom is in the movie.
Foom *is* in the movie. He's sculpted on the wall behind Mandarin in that poster.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #727
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Is Wardell the guy who leaks BS? The name sounds familiar; I think he's the one who said Fin-Fang-Foom is in the movie.
Roger Wardell has/had been leaking info.

So far, much of it is stuff no one can confirm yet.

However, he has said alot things that have been proven true.

These include Falcon, Black Widow, and Crossbones being in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well as when those two were announced for the film.

Also he leaked Surtur's presence in Thor: TDW, Killian's role in IM3, and that Coulson was not done for in the MCU, alluding to his return beginning in the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show as well as future movies, as well as Anna Kendrick's candidacy for Sharon Carter

So yeah, he's been credible so far, it's just that people have gotten the idea he's a fraud.

I think Marvel put the hammer down on him though as he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of December.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #728
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

These include Falcon, Black Widow, and Crossbones being in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well as when those two were announced for the film.

Also he leaked Surtur's presence in Thor: TDW, Killian's role in IM3, and that Coulson was not done for in the MCU, alluding to his return beginning in the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show as well as future movies, as well as Anna Kendrick's candidacy for Sharon Carter

So yeah, he's been credible so far, it's just that people have gotten the idea he's a fraud.

I think Marvel put the hammer down on him though as he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of December.
Good points, I agree.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #729
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Good points, I agree.
Oh, and one more thing.

He kinda alluded to the big news about Hulk that hit recently as he tweeted that Marvel had a very specific vision for the next Hulk film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MASSIVE SPOILER
Planet Hulk is as specific is gets when it comes to a Hulk film.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #730
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

It's not rocket science to guess that Falcon and Crossbones would be in the next Cap movie; Kendrick didn't get the role, Emily Vancamp did, and Wardell-o the All-Seeing didn't see *that* coming; everybody and his brother was speculating that Coulson was still alive ever since May 2012, including Clark Gregg himself; and Wardell-o never once mentioned Surtur, and we're still only speculating about the fire giant at this point anyway --- there's no hard evidence or even rumors that Surtur's in it. So what has he been "credible" about again, exactly....?

And he hasn't posted anything since exactly December 4....the exact same date that unleashthefanboy.com outed him as a phony. Strongly doubt he's on Marvel Studios' radar in the slightest.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #731
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's not rocket science to guess that Falcon and Crossbones would be in the next Cap movie; Kendrick didn't get the role, Emily Vancamp did, and Wardell-o the All-Seeing didn't see *that* coming; everybody and his brother was speculating that Coulson was still alive ever since May 2012, including Clark Gregg himself; and Wardell-o never once mentioned Surtur, and we're still only speculating about the fire giant at this point anyway --- there's no hard evidence or even rumors that Surtur's in it. So what has he been "credible" about again, exactly....?

And he hasn't posted anything since exactly December 4....the exact same date that unleashthefanboy.com outed him as a phony. Strongly doubt he's on Marvel Studios' radar in the slightest.
What did unleashthefanoy do to out him as a phony?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #732
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

That is amazing. Best character poster for a comic book movie ever.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #733
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
What did unleashthefanoy do to out him as a phony?
Printed a blog article entitled "Roger Wardell is a phony." He quit Tweeting immediately after that.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #734
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

1. Predicting Crossbones is easy, Falcon is not. People thought he might pop up, but there was nothing to indicate beforehand that he would.

2. Wardell never said Kendrick was in negotiations for it or signed for it. He just said she was up for it and, at the time, the frontrunner. Frontrunner doesn't mean cast though. and we know that the casting for this role has been going on for months since then and before. https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...85979289911296

3. He did mention Surtur https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...68195973107712

4. Yeah everyone was speculating Coulson was alive, but Wardell backed it up with this

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...56285096083456

and this

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...57040041435136

The fact that Gregg was/is signed to do more films beyond the number he already appeared in and that prior to the Avengers release, Gregg was talking about returning in IM3 and talking to Patty Jenkins about Thor 2. And if you 've seen the The Avengers, it's not rocket science as to why he would play coy and say he doesn't know if he's coming back after its release.

Of course, now we know for sure and have concrete confirmation he'll be back as he's gonna be in the SHIELD tv show which takes place AFTER The Avengers.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-22-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #735
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Printed a blog article entitled "Roger Wardell is a phony." He quit Tweeting immediately after that.
They still didn't seem to have concrete proof. Roger's info has been right so far, despite "everyone" already speculating it might happen. We speculate about everything these days, why should anyone be surprised? When Surtur is in TDW, everyone is going to be saying we knew it would happen regardless if Wardell is right or not. He also says that Nova had a large role in GOTG, so we'll also see if he was right about that. Seems like those guys were just skeptical of Wardell(or his sources) to begin with. One of them even badmouthed the Deadpool script, and that script was awesome. This was all opinionated, and proves nothing.

I would have quit tweeting too, if I were Wardell. Seems like he risked his neck and was unappreciated for it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #736
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
They still didn't seem to have concrete proof. Roger's info has been right so far, despite "everyone" already speculating it might happen. We speculate about everything these days, why should anyone be surprised? When Surtur is in TDW, everyone is going to be saying we knew it would happen regardless if Wardell is right or not. He also says that Nova had a large role in GOTG, so we'll also see if he was right about that. Seems like those guys were just skeptical of Wardell(or his sources) to begin with. One of them even badmouthed the Deadpool script, and that script was awesome. This was all opinionated, and proves nothing.
Exactly. To me, looking at it objectively, it kinda just seemed like them lashing out at Wardell for getting scoops they couldn't.

And the only "proof" that they had to why he is a fraud is that he couldn't name his exact source when asked and that he gave a flimsy answer, and stumbled through it.

Really? Why in hell would he tell you his source? Yeah, it make seem a bit sketchy as he stumbled through it but still. Why would he just outright tell you?

It would be one thing if they had concrete proof that he was wrong, but they don't

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-22-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #737
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Two Versions of the Ben Kingsley/Mandarin poster.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, loving these posters. I really like the dragon that you can partially see running down his leg with the camoflauge. Does anyone know what those red sticks are? One group seems to be implanted into his right arm, so I thought maybe accupunture, but another one looks like it is going into the back of the chair and statue on his right and another is going into the snow globe looking thing to his left, which I am also curious to see what that can be. The snow globe looking thing with the sticks looks to have some smoke coming off of them, as well as the one on the back of the chair, so maybe incensense? Just curious if anyone has any ideas. My only very minor gripe is I think I would have liked the poster to have shown him with darker hair on his head. Perhaps it is just the lighting, but I think it would have looked a little less like a mohawk if his hair was a bit darker. It looks great though and I can't wait.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #738
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Exactly. To me, looking at it objectively, it kinda just seemed like them lashing out at Wardell for getting scoops they couldn't.

And the only "proof" that they had to why he is a fraud is that he couldn't name his exact source when asked and that he gave a flimsy answer, and stumbled through it.

Really? Why in hell would he tell you his source? Yeah, it make seem a bit sketchy as he stumbled through it but still. Why would he just outright tell you?

It would be one thing if they had concrete proof that he was wrong, but they don't
It just seems like Wardell gets overexcited sometimes and starts to stutter in his speech. Wardell says things like Aldrich Killian having "toys" for A.I.M., Wasp being in Ant-Man, Hank as Ant-Man and not Lang, A.I.M. having a larger role in Ant-Man, and M.O.D.O.K. possibly appearing in Ant-Man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #739
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Awesome, loving these posters. I really like the dragon that you can partially see running down his leg with the camoflauge. Does anyone know what those red sticks are? One group seems to be implanted into his right arm, so I thought maybe accupunture, but another one looks like it is going into the back of the chair and statue on his right and another is going into the snow globe looking thing to his left, which I am also curious to see what that can be. The snow globe looking thing with the sticks looks to have some smoke coming off of them, as well as the one on the back of the chair, so maybe incensense? Just curious if anyone has any ideas. My only very minor gripe is I think I would have liked the poster to have shown him with darker hair on his head. Perhaps it is just the lighting, but I think it would have looked a little less like a mohawk if his hair was a bit darker. It looks great though and I can't wait.

Surfer[/QUOTE]

Those are incense burners. They're called "joss sticks." "Joss" being the Mandarin (?) word for "luck." And yes, that's where Mr. Whedon got his name.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #740
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer

Surfer
I thought the dragon was cool too, mentioned that in the other thread. And the red sticks look like incense sticks to me. I don't think they're in his arm, but probably sticking in something behind him, hidden by his arm.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #741
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Yeah those are clearly incense.

Love the posters, is that Caps WW2 helmet?

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #742
ctsketch
Side-Kick

UN Helmet

Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #743
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

That is the best poster by far. It's just so casually badass.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #744
Marvin
Side-Kick

Maybe Kingsley will finally not stink in a role.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #745
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Well everyone seems to have faith in the director and Kingsley is a really good actor when he needs to be. Perhaps Shane Black can get something really great out of him?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #746
elsewhere
super

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
You haven't seen Gandhi I'm guessing.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #747
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Wow, I know I said this before, but now I think this tops the stupidest comment ever made on SHH.

You do know this guy has won multiple oscars, and is probably among the greatest actors of is generation? Sure he's appeared in some bad films (prince of persia, Thunderbirds), but that doesn't make him a bad actor. Sean Connery appeared in some of the worst films ever, but he's still a brilliant actor and always will be.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #748
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Two Versions of the Ben Kingsley/Mandarin poster.

Wicked poster of Kingsley as The Mandarin!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #749
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Back to the subject.

FREAKING AWESOME POSTER!

What I love about the poster is they've taken a character who started out in the books as kind of a corny knock off of Ming the Merciless, and they have created a new modern day persona for him that fits in perfectly with modern times.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #750
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
You haven't seen Gandhi I'm guessing.
Or Sexy Beast, Schindler's List, Hugo, House Of Sand and Fog. All movies he was good in.