The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #76
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Default Re: Dumb moments in good movies

Jurassic Park: the cartoon of newman on the computer.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #77
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
PLEASE! God damn I hate this hacker crap!

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #78
SuperFerret
This guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
(Credit for this goes to HISHE)

In Jaws, Hooper states that he can't get the little needle through the shark's skin to inject poison and kill it. Why didn't they just get some fish and pump them full of poison and then feed it to the shark and poison it that way instead of the risky cage-in-the-water thing?

oh well, it's still my all time favorite movie.
Orally dosing an animal with anything causes the drug (or poison in this case) to take longer for the animal to metabolize, and thus it won't take effect as quickly. The movie already establishes that sharks digest things slowly, and thus this would take even longer, during which many people will still die.

Injecting the poison subcutaneously (which I'm not sure is possible in a shark) or intramuscularly allows the drug to take effect faster. Also, certain poisons will only work given certain routes (you can drink rattlesnake venom and be fine, given no open ulcers or wounds in your GI tract).

Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #79
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

The "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" musical sequence from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #80
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

at first i thought u were about to say from spider-man 2. i was ready to defend that with my life lol.

but you are correct. In butch cassidy and the sundance kid that sequence took me out of the movie from the begining and went on for far to long.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #81
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There is no dumber scene in a movie... seriously...
See if that fixed it.

By the way, I have a tutorial in the Tech & Support section on how to embed YouTube videos.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #82
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

In "Batman 1989" they shoot Batman while he's lying on the ground.
One of the goons says "No blood!" The other says "Hey who is this guy!" like he's some sort of supernatural being.

Then Bob says "Check his wallet..."

Wut?

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #83
bullets
bang bang

The Untouchables

Capones lawyer changes the plea without his consent. They would of had to declare a mistrial.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #84
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
The Untouchables

Capones lawyer changes the plea without his consent. They would of had to declare a mistrial.
When Costner pushes the guy of the building at the end. That always bothered me, he just kills somebody and no one seems to care.

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #85
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Fight Club

When Tyler and the main character are fighting each other. But Tyler isn't real. He's just a psyche of the main character. That's all fine. Until they show Tyler dragging the main character's kicked-ass all around the parking lot. There's a security camera recording all of this and from the security camera POV, it looks like the main character is being dragged by...nothing, no one...

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #86
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Fight Club

When Tyler and the main character are fighting each other. But Tyler isn't real. He's just a psyche of the main character. That's all fine. Until they show Tyler dragging the main character's kicked-ass all around the parking lot. There's a security camera recording all of this and from the security camera POV, it looks like the main character is being dragged by...nothing, no one...
Tyler is actually Freddy Kreuger manipulating that guy

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #87
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
Jurassic Park?

Everything with those kids. Which is a lot.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #88
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Are You Crouching Spock? View Post
One of the goons says "No blood!" The other says "Hey who is this guy!" like he's some sort of supernatural being.

Wut?
Before the wallet line, one of them says "It's some kind of body armour, he's human after all."

Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #89
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

Right, so, if he's wearing a mask, being a vigilant wearing body armour, why would he carry a wallet? Is he planning on buying some smokes from the local corner shop before returning to the batcave?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #90
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Right, so, if he's wearing a mask, being a vigilant wearing body armour, why would he carry a wallet?
No. The question is : so, if he's HUMAN, why would he carry a wallet?

Quote:
Is he planning on buying some smokes from the local corner shop before returning to the batcave?
Aren't all human always planning on buying something?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #91
November Rain
Single Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
- Aunt May's wailing of "Deliver us from eeeeeeeeeeevil" when Goblin attacks her
haha, i was just about to say this.

that scene is ridiculously bad.

it also goes in the pile of 'peter doesn't care if aunt may is in danger but goes all out when mj is' box.

tsk tsk...

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #92
November Rain
Single Mother

the robot scene in rocky 4 people.

one of the most gigantic wtf moments in the history of cinema.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #93
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
haha, i was just about to say this.

that scene is ridiculously bad.

it also goes in the pile of 'peter doesn't care if aunt may is in danger but goes all out when mj is' box.

tsk tsk...
I think you need to watch the movie again, cause your logic doesn't match up to the sequence of events whatsoever...

He doesn't know what has happened or who has attacked Aunt May until she blurts out 'big yellow eyes' when she is at the hospital, it's only then that he realizes his secret id has been figured out by the goblin, and he phones mj...

edit: and aye, the robot scene in Rocky IV is wtf, but I don't know if I'd call that a good movie, lol. Rocky I is great, III is a lot of fun, and Rocky Balboa was a decent attempt to be a serious character piece like Rocky I, it was pretty good, even if it dragged now and again. The first one is the only really good film in the series though i would say.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 08-12-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #94
November Rain
Single Mother

Dude, her house gets blown up by an arch nemesis, so what does he do...

move out and leave her to live on her own in spidey 2. After being unresponsible in leading to the death of his uncle, he follows suit without a care in the world for aunt may. (and he never helps out with rent and takes money from her).

you don't have to be there to not care.

its the same way he's happy to have a long duked out battle with ock on the side of a building while she's just 'hanging there', happy to rip them both off a building and pummel him repeatedly, even fall through an office and continue to pummel.

and even by any hook line or sinker, he's happy to have the goblin beat him in the first film and only has the will to beat him when mj is threatened, not for blowing up his family home.

it goes on the pile, parker gives two hoots about aunt may. clearly shown by his symbiote 'real side' in spidey three who doesn't even acknowledge her existence.

raimi knows his stuff.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #95
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Funnily enough, you were talking about a scene in Spider-man 1, and instead of being decent and admitting you missed a beat in that regard, you start pulling a humdinger out of your ass about how he should have moved her to a safe house in SM2, hahaha, that is weak....I mean, even so, the villan who discovered his secret id is dead?!

In essence you are clutching at straws in an attempt to come up with a 'new angle that no-one has ever thought of!'.

So, that is the GG scene in SM1 point won by me, even if you're not man enough to admit it...

So, Spider-man could have gotten easily away from Ock to save May could he? Well, if you recall, he does wall crawl up to save her as the priority, but is pulled back by his arms, hence the ensuing fight.

another point won by me i think...

and on the GG fight at the end of SM1 you talk of...

em, have you ever been involved in any kind of fight or activity where you are pushed beyond your physical limits? Because what happens is you get bursts of adrenaline here and there to give you that final push to vistory, sometimes from 'fight or flight', sometimes from imagery entering your mind to remind you why you are fighting...now, he is caught up in the fight with GG at the end of SM1, totally exhausted and sick, nothing on his concoius mind bar how to block his next punch, kick, whatever, surviving on gut instinct from one moment to the next....so at teh end of the battle there is breather for him, GG thinks he is finished, goes in for the kill, but makes the mistake of conjuring up an image of mj being raped and killed, so PP gets that final burst of adrenaline enabling him to win, his concoius mind is triggered by that imagery....

if the Gg had said in that moment, 'I'm gonna carve up old Aunt May's face and hang it on my ass for halloween', I'm sure he would have gotten an adrenaline burst from that too after the wtf.

i think that's my point again.

man, your ass used to be beautiful.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 08-12-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #96
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
When Costner pushes the guy of the building at the end. That always bothered me, he just kills somebody and no one seems to care.

I thought it was odd the way that went down. Basically he helps Nitti back onto the roof after he's tried to kill him , has murdered several cops, and killed Sean Connery. However once Nitti talks some trash he's crossed the line and Ness tosses him.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #97
November Rain
Single Mother

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
i'm not saying safe house, just not move out especially when he has no money, and she has a house to fix and he's still taking money off her and he can't even afford to live on his own.

the point remains, throughout his encounter with the goblin at no point does he express any anguish over her home being blown up. you can place your 'ifs and buts' there but that's now how it played out. If juliet had awoken from her acoma, romeo wouldn't have killed himself. whooopeee doo. Let's justify what is presented instead shall we?

he did get away from ock, he knocked off clearly off the building at one point with a single punch, but instead he decided to roll onto him and give him a continuous barrage. A man shown knocking out multiple civilians with a single blow entertained an old man through a scrummage while aunt may was hanging. He took him out easy as pie at the end of the film though when mj was in danger, how convinient

In any case you've taken this thread off topic (for this of all reasons). You don't have any evidence in the films to support your case so I'll stop until you find some that put her on an even peg as mary jane.

considering the very first lines of the franchise are something along the lines of 'this story starts with a girl', the reason he starts wrestling is because of her and the second and third films, start and end with them, you have a hard task ahead of you.

bonne chance

regardless

I think the majority of the 'final kiss' moments in films are completely uncalled for.

Last edited by November Rain; 08-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #98
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

How about Drag me to Hell, when the demon guy starts dancing in mid air.

In a film that I was actually enjoying as a quirky horror movie, it suddenly became a slapstic comedy... Was just weird.

But I've been told that's a very Raimi thing to do.

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #99
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
i'm not saying safe house, just not move out especially when he has no money, and she has a house to fix and he's still taking money off her and he can't even afford to live on his own.

the point remains, throughout his encounter with the goblin at no point does he express any anguish over her home being blown up. you can place your 'ifs and buts' there but that's now how it played out. If juliet had awoken from her acoma, romeo wouldn't have killed himself. whooopeee doo. Let's justify what is presented instead shall we?

he did get away from ock, he knocked off clearly off the building at one point with a single punch, but instead he decided to roll onto him and give him a continuous barrage. A man shown knocking out multiple civilians with a single blow entertained an old man through a scrummage while aunt may was hanging. He took him out easy as pie at the end of the film though when mj was in danger, how convinient
he refuses the money, and she makes it plain that she'd be furious and upset if he didn't, he takes the dough to spare her the upset.

and you are starting to get into a whole other debate, about how Doc Ock should be able to be ko'd with one punch by spidey..anyway...

EDIT: Aye, i just watched the scene again, my memory of it is fine, yours is faulty.

The only time Spidey knocks Ock away from him and off the building, is when he immediately runs up the building to save May after he does that, and is prevented from doing so by the Ock arm grab, as I said in my first reply to you.

What happens before that is when he webs May in the first place when she is falling, Ock interrupts him catching her safely, that's how she ends up hanging there.

edit: if you are referring to some added scene in Spider-man 2.1, forget it, the theatrical cut is the director's cut, so that is canon, they just added some deleted scenes into 2.1 for the fans, and if it is what you are referring to, then this explains why this wonky scene was cut from the official version..

Oh, and he does bring up the attack on Aunt May's home at the end of the battle with GG..he says to Norman..'You tried to kill Aunt May...' , so it was on his mind.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 08-12-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #100
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

Quote:

Wut?
Sarcasme.