The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #51
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel on FOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I hate myself for enjoying it. As soon as I get attached to a show it dies.
Well, this show built on Glee's audience, so at the very least, I doubt it will end up getting Lone Star'd. I see a full season pick-up in the cards.

And just what the hell is everyone's problem with Justin Long?!

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #52
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

Is it me, or does Schmidt has come homosexual tendencies? Did you see those shorts?!

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #53
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I thought that myself. Who knows they might be headed that direction with him.

Anyways the show was cute. It has potential.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #54
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Schmidt taking his shirt off at any moment is the second best part of the show.

The first is of course Zooey.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #55
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I probably watched the pilot a good 3 times already...my OnDemand service for my cable had the pilot available for viewing since last week so i've watched it a few times already.

Good start. Nothing groundbreaking, set the tone of the show and flowed decently. I remember seeing the promos for the show and honestly, Zooey is the sole reason I tuned in. I don't know, after seeing her in '500 Days of Summer', kinda got a thing for her, haha.

As far as her character on the show well...frankly, that's pretty much the kind of girl i'm into (give or take some things...particularly the texting) so yeah, I enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
A little sad Damon Wayans Jr. wont be around for more, though.
I was just about to post the oddness of the fact that the promo shots are of a different guy until I read this and looked it up.

Shame that he wont be on the show past the pilot, his character had potential.

Having said that, i'm glad they'll be introducing the new actor as a completely different character as opposed to having him play "Coach".

Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #56
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Hearing things like "You've got some Schmidt on your face" makes me wish my name was Schmidt.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #57
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

This Schmidt just got real!!!

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #58
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

I'm rather surprised to see so many movie actresses suddenly start doing TV shows, like Zooey Deschanel, Amber Heard, Maria Bello, and Christina Ricci. They are all talented and attractive, and it's not like none of them can find movies to star in. Maybe the downed economy made them want to have a little security and TV is more stable than movies.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #59
Blackman
C'mon Son

I dont love this show but I dont hate it. I'll keep watching. It's nice and fun and I like Zoeey Deschanel
On ep 2: They really shouldve given the new guy something to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'm rather surprised to see so many movie actresses suddenly start doing TV shows, like Zooey Deschanel, Amber Heard, Maria Bello, and Christina Ricci. They are all talented and attractive, and it's not like none of them can find movies to star in. Maybe the downed economy made them want to have a little security and TV is more stable than movies.
Well none of them were exactly huge stars. It's not like say Scartlett Johannson going back to doing a TV show

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #60
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I loved the second episode. Schmidt is a great character and Zooey's goofball-ness didn't annoy me as much like in the first episode.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #61
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
I think these days, nobody can afford to turn down a paying job. Especially with the actresses above, either they can bite and claw for the limited number of roles in commercial blockbusters competing against the Megan Foxes of this world, they can do well-crafted indy films that few people will ever see, or they can do good television, which is well-written but actually has an audience.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #62
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

New Girl is getting a full season!

I feel like singing.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #63
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Quote:
Although this conflicts with Ringer ( ), this is awesome news. Totally going to watch the full season.

Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #64
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I think these days, nobody can afford to turn down a paying job. Especially with the actresses above, either they can bite and claw for the limited number of roles in commercial blockbusters competing against the Megan Foxes of this world, they can do well-crafted indy films that few people will ever see, or they can do good television, which is well-written but actually has an audience.
Speaking of Megan Fox, maybe she should go back to TV since she hasn't done much movies nowadays, and is currently only known for her Calvin Klein commercials.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #65
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Finally caught the first episode, loved it!

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #66
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

love this show haha

i'm sad Damon Waynes JR didn't make it past the first episode though

Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #67
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

It's okay, though. Damon's doing great work on Happy Endings and the new guy seems likeable, even though they really didn't give him much material this week.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #68
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

I'm glad they replaced the character, not only the actor. It leaves room for Coach to come back as a guest star in the future.

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #69
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

Quote:
It's okay, though. Damon's doing great work on Happy Endings and the new guy seems likeable, even though they really didn't give him much material this week.
oh okay that's cool if he has other work.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #70
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I enjoyed the second episode. Dang!

Quote:
That's great.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #71
Gto250
Side-Kick

Quote:
As someone already mentioned those are not really huge stars,
and a hit tv show can pay big big time, so i'm not surprised at all to see all
that people trying there.

Gto250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #72
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Amber Heard is surprising, as her star is about to break out with The Rum Diary and she chose to do a (inevitably short-lived) TV show. But Ricci's career is in the slumps. Her starring in Bucky Larson is proof enough of that. Maria Bello, sadly, is trying to wisely play the game because Hollywood ignores actresses over 40 and she is doing this while she is still a hot commodity. And Zooey? I don't know. Why not?

I thought the second episode was a lot like the first in it was very uneven but had some funny moments. Most of all, Zooey is too cute and funny not to like. Even her new theme song opening "It's Jess," is oddly endearing. The scene where her ex shows up and coifs his hair is hilarious. And the end with the Pikatchu hat and "You've got Schmidt on your face?"

Unfortunately, the show is very uneven and the writers need to find a balance for it to work in the long haul, in my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #73
PWN3R
mowing lawns

The first two episodes hooked me. As a huge Deschanel/She & Him fan, I knew this could be good, but between Schmidt, the bromistry, and Zooey's shenanigans, I'm in total swooning levels of love.

Sure, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's rather good. Yay.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #74
Kahoot

I'm really surprised New Girl was so popular. In the second episode they change out a character from the pilot with an all new character, but really it seems like the same character with a different actor and name. The fact that it was the token black guy also just feels like they think blacks are interchangeable.

For Everything A Reason
Fallen Empires Are Ruling
F.E.A.R.
Kahoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
PWN3R
mowing lawns

There's a difference between token characters and diversity. Eh, not really diversity, but being PC. You know FOX wanted a character like that in the show, so maybe it was out of the writer's hands.

Besides, re-castings always suck.

I mean, really, when all of the show's characters are based around some sort of stereotype or cliche, obviously the nerdy white girl, I don't see it as a big deal.

These type of shows have to develop characters over a long period due to their episode lengths anyway, give it time.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote