The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #101
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel on FOX

Never liked Step by Step, but that stupid theme song got stuck in my head time to time.

Oh and I love Lizzy Caplan!

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #102
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Crazy show.... dunno if i'll continue watching this TBH.... just a bit too zany for me (Specially the singing)

Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #103
Siby
Side-Kick

I dumped it after the second episode. Everything except the hot girl friend annoyed me about this show.

Siby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #104
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I like that Nick has turned out to be somewhat crazy in his own right. I was afraid that he was going to be the almost too straight man.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #105
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

I missed the Wedding episode because I decided to watch Ringer.......but now that that stupid show H8R got cancelled & they'll do repeat airings of SMG's show, I can catch up on New Girl!

I did see the chicken dance scene & the part at the wedding where Zooey stuck those fake teeth in her mouth. That was funny.

Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #106
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

This show's about half funny and half not for me. There were quite a few good jokes throughout the wedding episode, but the chicken dance part was just stupid. It was this weird, cringe-worthy element thrown randomly into a fairly straightforward sitcom. I don't know if I really like that kind of cringe-humor outside of The Office or something similar, where it's the main source of humor.

And I hate to say it, but Winston is super-boring compared to Coach. Don't get me wrong, I'll take Damon Wayans, Jr. on Happy Endings over this show any day, but I kind of wish he'd managed to do both or they'd found a more compelling replacement.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #107
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Just caught the first couple of eps on hulu. Deschanel has nice legs and her character's model friend is fine, therefore I will continue to watch it on hulu, heh heh. It's actually a decent sitcom...I don't usually watch many of those these days.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #108
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I say just give the show some time to find their niche.

Hell, people forget this but even Community didn't hit its stride until the 6th episode. Once they got to the Halloween episode, they really took off creatively...

LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #109
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

No new episodes until November 1st

Boo!

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #110
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I have only seen a few episodes of this show, but I feel like her character is this really nice, fun, person and everyone treats her like she is super annoying and are way to critical. I don't know if its just me, that I don't find her character annoying, or if its the writing not actually making her annoying, but seems like her roommates are always over reacting to her antics.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #111
LostSon88
Side-Kick

We live in a cynical world. When someone comes along that's so positive and happy all the time it can turn off a few people. That is Jess.

...frankly, that's what I enjoy about her character.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #112
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I adore her as a character, but if any of us actually knew her, it would get old quick.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #113
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I adore her as a character, but if any of us actually knew her, it would get old quick.
You can pretty much say that about all the characters though. As much as I dig Schmidt the character, if he was real and I had to live with him I'd have probably punched him a few times by now. Same with nearly-depressed Nick, though for different reasons.

That's a common thing for most "New York young struggling hipster" shows; it portrays characters that you don't mind seeing for 30 minutes on a weekly basis, but would hate them in real life.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #114
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I've known someone that could fairly be compared to Jess. She did get annoying sometimes, but she was really hot so you dealt with it.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #115
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
You can pretty much say that about all the characters though. As much as I dig Schmidt the character, if he was real and I had to live with him I'd have probably punched him a few times by now. Same with nearly-depressed Nick, though for different reasons.

That's a common thing for most "New York young struggling hipster" shows; it portrays characters that you don't mind seeing for 30 minutes on a weekly basis, but would hate them in real life.
That's true...if I lived in the Seinfeld apartment there would likely be a homocide after the first season.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #116
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I would probably quit Dunder Mifflin if I had a co-worker like Dwight Schrute...and if all my co-workers got progressively dumber as the years went by.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #117
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

It is weird that when I think about it, I'd much rather exist in a drama where terrible things regularly happen to the characters than the happy-go-lucky surroundings of a sitcom. I'd much rather be stranded on an island where my fellow inhabitants regularly get killed by a pillar of black smoke or by unstable dynamite than live in a household where you can't have a conversation without hearing...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This doesn't apply to all sitcoms however. I'd pay good money to live with the Bluths.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #118
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
It is weird that when I think about it, I'd much rather exist in a drama where terrible things regularly happen to the characters than the happy-go-lucky surroundings of a sitcom. I'd much rather be stranded on an island where my fellow inhabitants regularly get killed by a pillar of black smoke or by unstable dynamite than live in a household where you can't have a conversation without hearing...
I can't agree with you there, because there's Aunt Becky (aka Lori Loughlin!) in those surroundings!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #119
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

OMFG

Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #120
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Penis-fight!!

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #121
mjdiddy1
Side-Kick

"Okay just the Gun...just the Roses". Hillarious! New Girl > Tebow.

mjdiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #122
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Schmidt's too-short shorts: this show just keeps it coming.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #123
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Schmidt disturbs in a good way. A friend you should keep at arms length. Love the short shorts and penis stalking. I thought I would never use those words in the same sentence.

Jess was endearingly quirky. I usually hate the manic pixie dream girl trope but Zooey makes it work. I loved her giggle-scream and how she couldn't say private parts.

Winston was a little boring this episode. Although, I liked the sharing stick scene. I think he works better with another person to play off of.

I'm kind of shipping Nick/Jess and I hate shipping.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #124
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I watched my first episode of this and really liked it.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #125
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Pretty much my dream girl. But I admit I WOULD have to have some me time to keep sane.