The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Default Best Episodes of "The Batman"?

I know this show catches a lot of flack but it really did have it's moments. It's no BTAS but it's a better kids version of Batman than the current toon on the air. Whatever, though. That's an argument that's raging on the forum for said show and I don't want this to devolve into that.

I wanna know exactly what the title says. What are your favorite/best episodes?

This is both from a curiosity standpoint and my want for recommendations. I've only seen a handful of episodes (and some I have seen I don't remember too well) past the middle of the second season and for whatever reason lately I've had the urge to revisit this much maligned (often unfairly, IMO) series.

So I'll put forth mine first.

In no particular order:

"Traction"- I'm really fond of this episode. Probably my favorite, overall. The powered-up look of Bane is more than a little ridiculous, but I love how this is a quality little half-hour, "kid-friendly" version of 'Knightfall'.

"The Rubberface of Comedy/The Clayface of Tragedy" - This one is a very close runner-up to "Traction". One of the few times this show really transcends itself from average/above average to great. A new, good, twist on a character that's already had 5 other versions done. I also dig the parallel with Two-Face. They couldn't use him so they built up another character and had a similar situation occur to him. Like Traction, more "kid-friendly", too. The events here are much less disturbing than TDK or even the BTAS episode "Two-Face" and done just as well, IMO.

"Riddled" - GREAT stuff. I love the Riddler's plot in this one. Wouldn't be too bad of an idea for a live-action Riddler, IMO. I like the whole cat and mouse game with a sense of urgency and the "20 questions" bit at the end.

"The Bat in the Belfry" - Good little introduction to the series and Batman/Joker. Really enjoy the first meeting between the two. One of the best individual moments in the series. "It's perma-clown!"

That's it for now, like I said don't remember some of the other's I've seen too well so I'm not gonna state a final opinion on them till review.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
TheWatcher
Dapper

Default Re: Best Episodes of "The Batman"?

I don't know why people hate on this show so much. I've watched every episode. The later seasons and the Dracula movie are the best episodes by far IMO

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Anno_Domini
Banned User

"The Bat in the Belfry"

"The Cat and the Bat"

"The Rubberface of Comedy"

"The Clayface of Tragedy"

"Riddled"

"Night and the City"

"Strange New World"

"The Breakout"

And The Batman vs Dracula was a great film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Yawsbass
Side-Kick

I don't remember which episodes particularly stood out to me, but I got the entire series for $5 a volume at Best Buy. $25 total isn't a bad price for the show. It's not amazing, but still solid and for the most part a decent take on the character.

Yawsbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
tfn
Side-Kick

Does anybody here know where to find the original promo for "The Batman" that had a slightly more realistic design with "Click Click Boom" by Saliva playing? I've been all over Youtube and can't find it.

tfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Isnt there an episode where Joker is pretending to be Batman? how was that episode?

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Holiday
'Bout that action

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Isnt there an episode where Joker is pretending to be Batman? how was that episode?
One of the best, and a damn good Batman story by any Bat show standards, not just the series.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
Rorschach2012
$

LOL! I came here to bring up the show where Joker dresses up as The Batman to find you guys already talking about it. Awesome

This show is so amazing... i didn't give it a chance before , but it's so freaking amazing. It's damn close to BTAS in quality, i suspect that in time, this show will begin to be more appreciated. It's overshadowed by BTAS, now but eventually I hope this show will garner the respect it deserves

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:28 AM   #9
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
LOL! I came here to bring up the show where Joker dresses up as The Batman to find you guys already talking about it. Awesome

This show is so amazing... i didn't give it a chance before , but it's so freaking amazing. It's damn close to BTAS in quality, i suspect that in time, this show will begin to be more appreciated. It's overshadowed by BTAS, now but eventually I hope this show will garner the respect it deserves
I agree, I don't think it's as sophisticated as B:TAS but is a fun show with a pretty good characterization of Batman

Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I don't remember episodes that much but the show was good I enjoyed while it was on.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote