The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #501
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
Maybe if the pink color was applied better or with a different shade. It just looks like standard hot pink face paint that you'd find at a local Hot Topic. And it's not like the burnt side fades out in the center of the face. Two Face's face job was just as bad as the overall character.

Agreed. And the gaudy "bad-side" of his suit was also crappy.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #502
nogap87
Side-Kick
 
nogap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nocandoosville
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
In TDK?
Yea. He looked cool, I just don't like the fact that half his face looks fragile. Of course he died like less than a day after the incident so I guess it doesn't really matter.

nogap87 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #503
Spoonman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 390
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

I think Two-Face look in TDK is visually striking, but I still believe they overdid it, am I saying BF's Two Face looks better? No, but I think they could have preserved a bit more flesh in TDK. I also don't like him to appear so fragile on the burnt side. My opinon anyway.

Spoonman is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #504
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

TDK Two Face was perfection. Couldn't have done a better job. Jones looked like half his face was made of pink candy.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #505
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,415
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I think Two-Face look in TDK is visually striking, but I still believe they overdid it, am I saying BF's Two Face looks better? No, but I think they could have preserved a bit more flesh in TDK. I also don't like him to appear so fragile on the burnt side. My opinon anyway.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I like the Two Face look in TDK , it's very striking. However if he was going to be around for sequels a more fleshy manageable look would probably be the way to go. As long as they don't use neon make-up.

bullets is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #506
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Agreed. And the gaudy "bad-side" of his suit was also crappy.
He looked like half lawyer/half pimp. Though, since this is a campier version of Two-Face, I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
TDK Two Face was perfection. Couldn't have done a better job.
They nailed the look in TDK, but not the character of Two-Face.

For example, Two-Face does not only use his coin to decide who lives and dies..

OutRiddled is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #507
nogap87
Side-Kick
 
nogap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nocandoosville
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
For example, Two-Face does not only use his coin to decide who lives and dies..
I didn't like that he let the Joker, the guy responsible for possibly the worst day of his life, walk free because of a coin flip.

nogap87 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #508
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,543
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
I didn't like that he let the Joker, the guy responsible for possibly the worst day of his life, walk free because of a coin flip.
I would expect nothing less of Two Face. He is ruled by his coin.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #509
nogap87
Side-Kick
 
nogap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nocandoosville
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I would expect nothing less of Two Face. He is ruled by his coin.
True, but it was shown later that if he really wanted someone dead he would find a way to do it despite the (first) outcome of his coin. Like when he killed Maroni's chauffeur.

nogap87 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #510
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,543
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
True, but it was shown later that if he really wanted someone dead he would find a way to do it despite the (first) outcome of his coin. Like when he killed Maroni's chauffeur.
Even if I bought that, which I don't as he didn't cheat his coin's decision because he tossed the coin to see if he should shoot Maroni or not.

But Two Face also said "The Joker's just a mad dog. I want who ever let him off the leash". Meaning he blamed the mob more for hiring Joker in the first place. Like Gordon's line to Maroni:

Maroni: "This craziness, it's too much"
Gordon: "You should of thought about that before you let the clown out of the box"

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #511
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

"The Joker" is right. Two-Face was but strict with his coin flip method. He would have killed himself or let Gordon go if the coin had told him so.

El Payaso is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #512
Pyro Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Brotherhood of Mutants Headquarters
Posts: 1,196
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

I myself don't really care for Batman Forever. Val Kilmer isn't a terrible Batman, it still seems live action productions can't figure out how to do Robin in a serious manner (a shame since he's a big part of the Batman mythos) which is probably why Nolan's skipped over him completely and I dislike this version of Two Face. My main problems though are that the silliness here was taken up to eleven in Batman & Robin and that it perpetuated the idea alot of the public has of The Riddler as a low rent Joker.

Pyro Man is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #513
nogap87
Side-Kick
 
nogap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nocandoosville
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Even if I bought that, which I don't as he didn't cheat his coin's decision because he tossed the coin to see if he should shoot Maroni or not.

But Two Face also said "The Joker's just a mad dog. I want who ever let him off the leash". Meaning he blamed the mob more for hiring Joker in the first place. Like Gordon's line to Maroni:

Maroni: "This craziness, it's too much"
Gordon: "You should of thought about that before you let the clown out of the box"
Still, he wanted Maroni dead so he killed him. His coin was involved in the decision but he still had to do some finagling in order to get what he wanted.

Its been awhile since I've seen the movie so I forgot what TF said regarding Joker. I still think he should have just shot him when he was given the chance. Most people would kill a mad dog if it killed their girlfriend and horribly burned half their face.

nogap87 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #514
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
Still, he wanted Maroni dead so he killed him. His coin was involved in the decision but he still had to do some finagling in order to get what he wanted.

Its been awhile since I've seen the movie so I forgot what TF said regarding Joker. I still think he should have just shot him when he was given the chance. Most people would kill a mad dog if it killed their girlfriend and horribly burned half their face.
Maroni's driver was also involved in Rachel's death, so he had to pass the coin's test. Montoya was even more involved, but she got away with it. He even put the gun against his own head and pulled the trigger for Pete's sake. And Joker? He was the main responsible and yet he walked. It is not shown but it's obvious that the coin spoke and Joker got free.

And yes, most people wopuild have killed everyone but dent doesn't believe in revenge, but unbiased justice. And unbiased justice is just what the coin brings. Seriously it was perfectly clear and wonderfuly explained.

El Payaso is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #515
nogap87
Side-Kick
 
nogap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nocandoosville
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Maroni's driver was also involved in Rachel's death, so he had to pass the coin's test. Montoya was even more involved, but she got away with it. He even put the gun against his own head and pulled the trigger for Pete's sake. And Joker? He was the main responsible and yet he walked. It is not shown but it's obvious that the coin spoke and Joker got free.

And yes, most people wopuild have killed everyone but dent doesn't believe in revenge, but unbiased justice. And unbiased justice is just what the coin brings. Seriously it was perfectly clear and wonderfuly explained.
That actually does clear some things up for me. I still find the hospital scene (actually any scene with Joker) contrived but it makes more sense to me now.

nogap87 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #516
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Has anybody thought about how awkward it would have been for Two Face if the coin came up clean for the driver? What would he have done, said "Ok bye"?
And he killed Maroni's other man before he got in the car, and I don't think he flipped the coin.

hafizbat is online now  
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #517
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
He looked like half lawyer/half pimp. Though, since this is a campier version of Two-Face, I don't mind.



They nailed the look in TDK, but not the character of Two-Face.

For example, Two-Face does not only use his coin to decide who lives and dies..
I think The Dark Knight got the character down pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I would expect nothing less of Two Face. He is ruled by his coin.
Agreed. Two-Face's moral decision making is based on the random chance of a coin toss. Life and death, good and evil, these things are meaningless to Two-Face in light of the coin's judgement.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #518
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Has anybody thought about how awkward it would have been for Two Face if the coin came up clean for the driver? What would he have done, said "Ok bye"?
He did that with the Joker, didn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
And he killed Maroni's other man before he got in the car, and I don't think he flipped the coin.
I don't remember Maroni's 'other men.' But well, all points that he flipped his coin even if you don't think so.

El Payaso is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #519
バット人
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 352
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
I think The Dark Knight got the character down pretty well.
How come you take the time to emphasize a film's title in all of your posts? I could see if you disliked abbreviations such as, "TDK", but why take that second or two to use the underline codec for a title or name? Just curious as it strikes me as a bit odd.

バット人 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #520
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
I think The Dark Knight got the character down pretty well.
They did well with Harvey Dent but not Two-Face.

OutRiddled is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #521
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
They did well with Harvey Dent but not Two-Face.
I thought Two-Face was done well.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #522
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

I thought Harvey Dent's story itself was great. It, along with Joker, were the highlights of the film. Didn't care for Batman himself ironically enough.

But I prefer Two Face to be an actual schizoid. An actual bonafide schizo. When he snaps he develops a split personality.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #523
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick
 
GothamAlleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,700
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
. When he snaps he develops a split personality.
Hmm, but in TDK he actually doesnt. It doesnt bother me at all since I loved this portrayal of two Face, but there was no evidence of double/split personality

__________________
GothamAlleys is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #524
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

To me, Harvey flipped and showed his other personality, which was him but without hope.

And it's one of those cases where the execution is just to superb I couldn't care less it's not exactly like comics.

El Payaso is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #525
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick
 
GothamAlleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,700
Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

I prefer the BTAS and TDK Two Face over the comic book version

__________________
GothamAlleys is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.