One Piece 15 55.56%
Naruto 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Lord
All Mighty

Default Naruto vs One Piece

So wich one is better?
Naruto or One Piece, the plot, the characters, everything else.
So let's vote!

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Naruto vs One Piece

What the f***, go sell handbags and coaches somewhere else

Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
Liam_H
Side-Kick

^LOL, that vote shouldn't count since it comes with spamming.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
^LOL, that vote shouldn't count since it comes with spamming.
I can't stop the vote now

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Lord
All Mighty

While One Piece is more stranger and it's plot is allways changing most people say it's better than naruto, whose plot is more of a long term story arc

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Astrø
The Man On The Moon

One Piece is a disgrace to pirates, not saying the original Naruto wasn't a disgrace to ninja's but really? "The Pussy Cat Pirates" I kid you not, my palm was glued to my face for 3 weeks after that episode. I do give One Piece this, they don't go as filler happy as Naruto and try to stick to the plot, to bad I don't care for one pieces plot, in the end I pick Naruto.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

Sasuke (who always seems to pull a new power out of his ass) and the main character being a one trick pony ruined Naruto for me. Anyway, I can't say which is better because that's just an opinion by fans but I do prefer One Piece over Naruto.

Dandy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Astrø
The Man On The Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Man View Post
Sasuke (who always seems to pull a new power out of his ass) and the main character being a one trick pony ruined Naruto for me. Anyway, I can't say which is better because that's just an opinion by fans but I do prefer One Piece over Naruto.
But that's who Sasuke is, he's a prodigy.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

It's not so much Sasuke, who more or less annoyed the hell out of me in Part 1 since Kishimoto focused soley on Sasuke and not Naruto. It wasn't until the fight at the waterfall and ugh!! the god awful fillers that the creator decided to focus on Naruto.

It's mainly that Naruto, the Child of the Prophecy, can never defeat an enemy without help or Kyubi's powers. Also, as mentioned before...He's a one trick pony. He only knows Kage Bushin and different forms of the Rasengan..hmm!!! I guess that makes him a two trick pony.

But At least I don't have to torture myself since I gave up on the series after the Invasion of Pain arc. Though, through friends and this board I know bits and pieces of what's going on as of now.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
Lord
All Mighty

While i kind of like the main character the fact that he relied on the kyubi so much was annoying

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Secret Fawful
Banned User

One Piece wins by pure imagination alone. It's one of the few stories that I can look at it on every page and think, damn, how can anyone come up with so many interesting designs for fauna, wildlife, characters, ships, places, and such that WORK. Oda has faaaar outdone George Lucas on imagination...maybe because Oda's creations don't look like they were designed for a toy line.

Secret Fawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
Astrø
The Man On The Moon

Quote:
It's not so much Sasuke, who more or less annoyed the hell out of me in Part 1 since Kishimoto focused soley on Sasuke and not Naruto. It wasn't until the fight at the waterfall and ugh!! the god awful fillers that the creator decided to focus on Naruto.

It's mainly that Naruto, the Child of the Prophecy, can never defeat an enemy without help or Kyubi's powers. Also, as mentioned before...He's a one trick pony. He only knows Kage Bushin and different forms of the Rasengan..hmm!!! I guess that makes him a two trick pony.

But At least I don't have to torture myself since I gave up on the series after the Invasion of Pain arc. Though, through friends and this board I know bits and pieces of what's going on as of now.
I can agree with that, it was little fall back on card he used all through the first series. He's actually past that now but I can respect that.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
infamous
Liberating The Hype

back 5-6 years ago i started watching/reading both... just earlier today I read the newest chapter in Naruto.... and have no clue what is going on in One Piece.

Best description thus far that describes my TDK experience;
"Flat-out exhilarating, a roller-coaster plunge into the heart of darkness... and a tad exhausting."
infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
ironwez20
Side-Kick

i like one piece alittle more than naruto but thats just me.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #15
Ruskin

Both the shows are pretty good . But rest just depends on the the individual choice only and I like the Naruto the more.

Ruskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #16
funguy01

I like naruto .....more

funguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9

I watch and read both of them, but for me I enjoy One Piece more than I do Naruto. I enjoy the characters in One Piece more, and Oda has no problem killing main characters like with Whitebeard and Ace, but it was to advance the story and not just for shock value.

With Naruto I guess I just get a bit tired with the whole over-reaching arc of Naruto getting to Saske so that he can bring him back to Hidden Leaf village and for things to go back to the way they were, and then having that pounded into your head almost every episode. Now, One Piece also has an over-reaching arc in the Luffy want's to find One Piece and become king of the pirates, but they don't remind you of this every episode. They also show his crewmates dreams and how Luffy is going to help them achieve that.

But, again I enjoy One Piece more...just my opinion.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations...and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
vindrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

I should also put when it comes to One Piece being better than Naurto...and wait for it...REASONALBLE POWER LEVELS. From the crew to the villians everyone has some reasonable powers and abilites.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #19
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I should also put when it comes to One Piece being better than Naurto...and wait for it...REASONALBLE POWER LEVELS. From the crew to the villians everyone has some reasonable powers and abilites.
sorry but I find that statement silly.
1. reasonable powerless is relative to the universe designed for them. I mean if you're talking about a story about celestial beings then they would be "too powerful" but then we'll talk about dragon ball and they can blow up planets. Naruto is no where near any of that but if it was it's relative to itself and it's hella explained so who really can be bothered by such a thing.

Someone explain One Piece to me, of all these anime these days it looks the silliest from a distance and hardest to get into. I mean seriously look at that kid with the limbs and hat and stuff...just a brief premise please, I'm too lazy for wiki.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I like One Piece.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Clu
End of Line, Man.

both are good at what they do. people who like a long drawn out arc that involves training and missions will go for naruto as it has multiple training arcs.

One Piece pretty much is on the job training, walk around kicking ass and eventually will reach a goal. The art in one piece is pretty great, prob my favorite part of the manga is the art.

both are fun to read and entertaining. What one is better is up to the reader.

Clu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
Ipodman
Love Tension

Full Metal Alchemist

I voted One Piece

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #23
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Someone explain One Piece to me, of all these anime these days it looks the silliest from a distance and hardest to get into. I mean seriously look at that kid with the limbs and hat and stuff...just a brief premise please, I'm too lazy for wiki.
I agree with you. The animation style never had any interest for me and just put me off. I will give it a chance at some point but visually it doesn't do anything for me.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #24
Victarion
Cut

Berserk wins.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #25
lerrymicheal

Well, Both are really nice shows are I ever enjoyed it. But, right now I go with Naruto.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 237

lerrymicheal is offline   Reply With Quote