The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #376
cronosred
Side-Kick

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Lol... the flying of Angel and Banshee in the climax was very fake looking to me.

The flying of Angel (the real Angel) and Storm in X3 were pretty good...
I really like X3 but some of the wire work was bad IMO, Storm in the danger room, the group of jumping mutants attacking the soldiers, and Jean Grey.

cronosred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #377
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronosred View Post
I really like X3 but some of the wire work was bad IMO, Storm in the danger room, the group of jumping mutants attacking the soldiers, and Jean Grey.
I didn't think Storm in the Danger Room was too bad. Jean Grey looked a bit stiff though and the group of mutants leaping on the island looked a bit phoney, partly because they did it so slowly. It should have been a moment of 'bullet-time' slowness to show them airborne then speeded up to normal for impact landings.

Wirework hasn't always been the best in the X-Men movies, although McKellen managed to make it look elegant and effortless most of the time. I thought the flight scenes in First Class were excellent, though Magneto's descent from the submarine also looked a little stiff. Vertical levitations/descents are the trickiest, it seems.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #378
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I didn't think Storm in the Danger Room was too bad. Jean Grey looked a bit stiff though and the group of mutants leaping on the island looked a bit phoney, partly because they did it so slowly. It should have been a moment of 'bullet-time' slowness to show them airborne then speeded up to normal for impact landings.

Wirework hasn't always been the best in the X-Men movies, although McKellen managed to make it look elegant and effortless most of the time. I thought the flight scenes in First Class were excellent, though Magneto's descent from the submarine also looked a little stiff. Vertical levitations/descents are the trickiest, it seems.
The biggest problem I had with Storm was that it was constant hit and miss, and all she really did was "float" up and down, and usually, the floating was pointless (like in front of Jean's house; it was probably the best one if the flying scenes, but it's like, "Okay, why are you floating a couple feet off the ground? Doesn't that leave you a little vulnerable?") A lot of times, her uniform looked off where the harness was pulling it upwards, and that was distracting.

I think flying is generally hit or miss; it depends on the angles the scene is shot to look really good. I thought the X:FC flying sequences were okay, but nothing to gasp about. I liked when Banshee dropped from the Blackbird and dived into the water but the others were forgettable.

I think you're right about McKellen; in X2 when he's manipulating Cerebro and just lifts up (mind you, you don't see his entire body when he does this, not until he's actually all the way up), it's pretty-freakin' awesome.

Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #379
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Oh man that would be BOSS. Especially because James McAvoy is such a brilliant H2T actor, he would pull it off so incredibly well, all those emotions!

Guh that satellite scene. I wish it hadn't happened the day before the battle. If it had happened even a week before, maybe a little more could have been salvaged.

I hope FOX will realize that to audiences Hugh Jackman is becoming less important to the franchise and McAvoy and Fassbender are becoming the ones to watch. If they DO push forward with X4 (no no no) and skip over a FC sequel I hope they at least bring back these two to make the movie half-flashbacks or something. Honestly I now have no interest in any future X-Men films that this duo is not in.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner--out of town for the weekend.

I think James McAvoy could completely develop a conflicted and "messed up" Charles Xavier, and still keep the character "in-character" through the entire process. He's just that good and the sequel is perfectly set up for it to happen. I think both Erik/Charles will be the dumps to an extent; Erik has to deal with the fact he paralyzed his best friend and that's heart-breaking right there.

I think the satellite scene is fine where it is. It's not important that it happened just a day before their "mission," just that it happened at all. It was a beautifully crafted and touching scene. Two men crying is a tricky thing to show and it worked.

Now, I love Hugh Jackman. The man has serious talent and Wolverine is just a great character. But I feel like it's overkill. And I also feel that one reason Wolverine works at all is because he's around other mutants that are very different from him. Xavier is a peace-keeper, and ironically, Wolverine is one of his X-men. He's in love with Jean, who happens to be a sweet, smart and serene-type of woman. Logan works best with the contrast.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #380
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
Sorry I didn't reply sooner--out of town for the weekend.

I think James McAvoy could completely develop a conflicted and "messed up" Charles Xavier, and still keep the character "in-character" through the entire process. He's just that good and the sequel is perfectly set up for it to happen. I think both Erik/Charles will be the dumps to an extent; Erik has to deal with the fact he paralyzed his best friend and that's heart-breaking right there.

I think the satellite scene is fine where it is. It's not important that it happened just a day before their "mission," just that it happened at all. It was a beautifully crafted and touching scene. Two men crying is a tricky thing to show and it worked.

Now, I love Hugh Jackman. The man has serious talent and Wolverine is just a great character. But I feel like it's overkill. And I also feel that one reason Wolverine works at all is because he's around other mutants that are very different from him. Xavier is a peace-keeper, and ironically, Wolverine is one of his X-men. He's in love with Jean, who happens to be a sweet, smart and serene-type of woman. Logan works best with the contrast.
No worries. I'm glad you reply at all, it's so nice to speak to a fellow fan of the movie who really thinks the scenarios through.

Yeah, both men have a lot of demons to sort out in the next one. And can we talk about how amazing it is that in this universe Charles' paralysis is Erik's fault? Wikipedia tells me an alien broke his back with a stone in the comics. This is ONLY one where Erik is to blame and didn't mean to be (I read in the Ultimate X-Men Erik drives a spear through Charles' back on purpose, but I'm not sure how much faith I have in a comic line that also has Erik KILL Charles, which is something I can't see him do, ever). What an incredible, incredible wealth of possibilities this opens up for Erik's character. I literally cannot properly articulate how much I love this development. I hope that in the sequel they don't just skim over it by saying "Erik knew when he left the beach that Charles couldn't move". I want him to find out and react, in front of Charles. It would be such a powerful scene. It's the only scene I NEED to see. If they never make a sequel and have only that scene, I can be happy.

The satellite scene is great because it could have been such a huge cheesy failure. But when it came on the whole theatre was just silent and moved.

Oh Hugh Jackman is awesome for sure, and easy on the eyes as well . But it is definitely overkill. He was the protagonist of 4/5 movies and soon 5/6. If they went ahead with X4 I'm sure he would be the main character again. I love Wolverine as well because he's such a gruff hero and, like you said, a contrast to the characters around him. But I'm so done with him in the movies.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #381
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
We know from interviews that James really wants to make Charles "walk through fire" in the sequel, as part of the character's journey, so that he'll eventually emerge more like the Professor Xavier we know from the trilogy. Charles needs a great arc in the next film; so far, it's like writers don't know exactly what to do with him and his amazing power. So I say, hire James as a writer and we'll get a memorable Charles Xavier. Michael Hoffman, who directed James in The Last Station, said that James is an amazing writer, so it would be great to see him exercising this side with a character he loved so much to play.

I keep thinking about scenarios in which Charles and Erik meet again, in the sequel. I wonder if Charles will go so disillusioned and not in control of his powers that even Magneto will have to interfere, worrying if Charles is "going to the dark side" out of despair. Saying something like "the world needs your dream; even I need it." Oh, it would be sweeeet!

Quote:
Now, I love Hugh Jackman. The man has serious talent and Wolverine is just a great character. (...) Logan works best with the contrast.
I agree. Wolverine has been my favorite character from the series (at least until Charles in FC), hands down, and Hugh is amazing. He gave the franchise its face, like it or not. I like it.
I love that Logan is with the X-Men. That's one of the things I've always like the most about him. He's a badass and all, and he suffered maybe more than any other character in the X-Men, but he's still hopeful somehow. He never gave in to nihilism and destruction; I admire that.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #382
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
No worries. I'm glad you reply at all, it's so nice to speak to a fellow fan of the movie who really thinks the scenarios through.

Yeah, both men have a lot of demons to sort out in the next one. And can we talk about how amazing it is that in this universe Charles' paralysis is Erik's fault? Wikipedia tells me an alien broke his back with a stone in the comics. This is ONLY one where Erik is to blame and didn't mean to be (I read in the Ultimate X-Men Erik drives a spear through Charles' back on purpose, but I'm not sure how much faith I have in a comic line that also has Erik KILL Charles, which is something I can't see him do, ever). What an incredible, incredible wealth of possibilities this opens up for Erik's character. I literally cannot properly articulate how much I love this development. I hope that in the sequel they don't just skim over it by saying "Erik knew when he left the beach that Charles couldn't move". I want him to find out and react, in front of Charles. It would be such a powerful scene. It's the only scene I NEED to see. If they never make a sequel and have only that scene, I can be happy.

The satellite scene is great because it could have been such a huge cheesy failure. But when it came on the whole theatre was just silent and moved.

Oh Hugh Jackman is awesome for sure, and easy on the eyes as well . But it is definitely overkill. He was the protagonist of 4/5 movies and soon 5/6. If they went ahead with X4 I'm sure he would be the main character again. I love Wolverine as well because he's such a gruff hero and, like you said, a contrast to the characters around him. But I'm so done with him in the movies.
I hate to say it...but I really don't read the comics. I watched the cartoon when I was a kid (the original one on Fox), and I've seen all the movies and read some character profiles, but that's about it. The comics really go out on a limb sometimes with the storylines; there are multi-universes and timelines--in one universe, Charles is walking about but evil or something stupid like that...in another, Magneto is good and taking over the X-men. And the alien (Lucifer, I think?) crushing Charles' legs with a rock is SO melodramatic.

Whoever thought up the idea that Magneto is responsible for Charles' disability, but it was still an accident, deserves a freakin' medal. What a wonderful, mixed conflict and great story arc for both characters. I've said this in a previous thread, but Erik has no regrets about anyone he's ever hurt. This is the first time he's done something to someone who, not only didn't deserve his wrath, but is also his best friend. God, what a great conflict there, especially when he has to encounter Charles again (which will happen at some point).

And yes...Wolverine is just wonderful. Wonderful character, wonderful on the eyes--no complaints here. But if they're going to start up this new prequel with Erik and Charles, then finish it, too!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #383
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
We know from interviews that James really wants to make Charles "walk through fire" in the sequel, as part of the character's journey, so that he'll eventually emerge more like the Professor Xavier we know from the trilogy. Charles needs a great arc in the next film; so far, it's like writers don't know exactly what to do with him and his amazing power. So I say, hire James as a writer and we'll get a memorable Charles Xavier. Michael Hoffman, who directed James in The Last Station, said that James is an amazing writer, so it would be great to see him exercising this side with a character he loved so much to play.

I keep thinking about scenarios in which Charles and Erik meet again, in the sequel. I wonder if Charles will go so disillusioned and not in control of his powers that even Magneto will have to interfere, worrying if Charles is "going to the dark side" out of despair. Saying something like "the world needs your dream; even I need it." Oh, it would be sweeeet!
This is one thing I truly love about James McAvoy; he loves the characters he plays. He gets totally invested in them and makes them as fresh and complex as possible. I would welcome him co-writing, especially when it comes to scenes with Charles. Or at least advising on how to bring the character into turmoil, which needs to happen.

I don't, however, want Charles to go all dark-side. When I say I want him angry, I don't mean like Erik--people express anger in different ways. I imagine Charles' anger would never be violent or aggressive; it would be mixed with a lot of other emotions, I think. He's just not an angry person and might even not know how to express it when he's hit with it. It might even surprise him and make him change the way he sees himself.

As for Magneto bringing him back to the light...well, I think Magneto is an opportunist. To have Charles become angry at the world would be the perfect chance for him to get Charles to join his cause. Not only would it bring Charles on his side, but also validate Magneto's own beliefs...after all, if someone as idealistic as Charles Xavier turns against humanity, then surely Magneto's cause is the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I agree. Wolverine has been my favorite character from the series (at least until Charles in FC), hands down, and Hugh is amazing. He gave the franchise its face, like it or not. I like it.
I love that Logan is with the X-Men. That's one of the things I've always like the most about him. He's a badass and all, and he suffered maybe more than any other character in the X-Men, but he's still hopeful somehow. He never gave in to nihilism and destruction; I admire that.
I'm not arguing. I think X2 gave more attention to characters like Jean and Storm, but in X1, most of the characters are a little bland in comparison to Logan, (Xavier and Magneto were also good). He's the one you seen the X-men through--although I think, the climax to X1 had him doing a bit too much...fighting Mystique, fighting Sabertooth and then facing off against Magneto almost on his own until Cyclops shoots Erik in the back, which took half a second. They spaced out the action better in X2, giving all the characters a chance to fight.

The fact that Logan is an X-men just proves that even someone who's been hurt as much as he has and is as aggressive as he is, can still have hope for humanity and fight for good. I like that.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #384
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Any in store exclusives for this on Friday?

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #385
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

Several stores in my area are only doing bargains, like buy the movie, and get $5 off any of the other xmen movies

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #386
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

Here's a cool contest I found over at Joblo, if any of you are interested

http://www.joblo.com/blu-rays-dvds/n...-prize-pack-02

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #387
mclay18
Side-Kick

I've got a shipping confirmation from Fox Connect that the DVD and T-shirt have shipped via UPS Ground. If luck has it, I'll get it on release day!

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #388
Electrix
Side-Kick

I won't post them here but someone uploaded all the 'making of' featurettes from the DVD/Blu-ray onto Youtube. 40+ minutes well spent

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #389
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

hmm...any target exclusives or bestbuy exclusives? they usually have the best stuff

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #390
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

Target is the only place that I've seen have the Bluray+Dvd+Digital Copy combo pack. Other than that, no place really has a great deal

Old 09-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #391
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I've got a shipping confirmation from Fox Connect that the DVD and T-shirt have shipped via UPS Ground. If luck has it, I'll get it on release day!
I got a text from amazon a few hours ago that it was ready to ship (the site says it hasn't shipped yet, but its being prepped/readied to ship IIRC),

...it should be here by release day, amazon's usually really good at shipping dvds/blus and having them arrive on the release day...

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #392
J.Howlett

I'm so conflicted about owning this film. I worship at the alter of X-Men and X2. I wanted this to be a true Prequel to those two films...and my problem is that it's a half and half.

You can clearly see where Vaughn really wanted to reboot the franchise because certain things don't match up to X-Men and X2. At the same time, certain things do match up pretty damn good with X-Men and X2.

I'm having a hard time getting past some of the continuity issues between the three films.

I really need to decide because tomorrow's release day and I'm completely torn on this....because adding this film to X-Men and X2 make a somewhat nice trilogy.

But, I have a feeling that Vaughn will go the full reboot route with the sequel to First Class.

I should not have watched X-Men and X2 yesterday. The glaring continuity problems in First Class make for a very difficult viewing experience...even if the idea of the origins of the characters and the characterizations/acting are all top notch.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #393
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I'm so conflicted about owning this film. I worship at the alter of X-Men and X2. I wanted this to be a true Prequel to those two films...and my problem is that it's a half and half.

You can clearly see where Vaughn really wanted to reboot the franchise because certain things don't match up to X-Men and X2. At the same time, certain things do match up pretty damn good with X-Men and X2.

I'm having a hard time getting past some of the continuity issues between the three films.

I really need to decide because tomorrow's release day and I'm completely torn on this....because adding this film to X-Men and X2 make a somewhat nice trilogy.

But, I have a feeling that Vaughn will go the full reboot route with the sequel to First Class.

I should not have watched X-Men and X2 yesterday. The glaring continuity problems in First Class make for a very difficult viewing experience...even if the idea of the origins of the characters and the characterizations/acting are all top notch.
I really don't think this should prevent you from buying the film. There are big differences for sure but nothing that really affects the characters.
-Charles walks in X3 and XOW, but who cares about those films anyways
-If Storm and Cyclops are kids in XMFC, they would be in their late 40s/50s in the new movies but the new films could have taken place earlier than we think.
-Charles says he met Erik at 17 when he met him at 30.
-Beast is human in X2 but it's a teeny cameo appearance and maybe in 40 years he found a very temporary cure. Or is wearing an appearance-changer thing like Kurt had in X-Men Evolution.
-Charles and Raven don't acknowledge each other. They must have had a huge fight, or maybe Emma mindwiped Raven, or something.
-Charles says Erik helped him build Cerebro. In the movie Hank built the FIRST one. It has to get rebuilt at some point, and I can definitely see Erik helping Charles build it in a moment of truce. They're not enemies yet, don't forget.

That's all I can think of at the moment. TBH I'd much rather this was a reboot than a prequel and I'd love it if they just went their own way in a sequel. But I think it's a silly thing to not get it just because you don't like the fractured continuities. :P

Old 09-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #394
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

I really see First Class as prequel to just X-Men and X2.

Now yes a few things said In dialogue from X-Men and X2 doesn't match up with First Class but many franchises have been known to Ignore things said In diaolgure.

First Class blurres line between prequel and reboot.From the BTS posted on Youtube and Bryan Singer's Interviews it's clear the producers want First Class and sequels to match X-Men and X2 as close as possible.It's obvious The Last Stand and Wolverine are more obviously being Ignored.They Ignore things actully seen on screen.Xavier walking In wolverine.Xavier walking still working with Magneto when Jean's powers manifest.Two different versions of
Moira(No accent In First Class.Accent In Last Stand.Age problems) Beast with 2 different blue versions In series(just Ignore 1 second human looking beast
In X2)

As for sequel Matthew Vaughn may not even return.If x4 or post X2 film remains just talk there remains a good possibilty Bryan Singer will make the sequel his next Directed film after Jack The Giant Killer.With The Wolverine
coming most likely In 2013 It could be 2015 till the next full X-Men film.

If Deadpool actully Is made and they keep the X-Men origins as part of title
then they need to decide rather they are outright Ignoring X-Men Origins:Wolverine.You can call Deadpool a X-Men related film and outright Ignoring everything about Deadpool In wolverine Inless you totaly Ignore
Wolverine.However since First Class works better as just prequel to X-Men and X2,and The wolverine Is trying to distance Itself from X-Men Origins:Wolverine so we may have clue how they view it.

If First Class Is trilogy they might not Incude any characters from Last Stand or wolverine to outright conflict with those films but they will not worry about sticking to things established In those films.If Cyclops,Jean,and Storm are
Introduced In third film they would not worry about sticking to how wolverine and The Last Stand had xaier become aware of Cyclops and Jean.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #395
bugman
man of bugs

i totally understand where you're coming from, j, as i also suffer from occasional continuityitus. but in the same way you can discard x3 (oh, how i loathe that movie), you can let go of continuity issues with first class, which was a very good movie. consider also, that the movies ignore continuity (at their convenience) of the comics, which is the altar i worship most fervently at; look at each movie as an exploration of different aspects of the xmen mythology, each (by which i mean the first 2 movies and first class) with its' own contribution to a broader, deeper mythology.

bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #396
akfj
Side-Kick

If your enjoyment of the film outweighs your displeasure with it, then buy it. Simple as that.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #397
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I really see First Class as prequel to just X-Men and X2.

Now yes a few things said In dialogue from X-Men and X2 doesn't match up with First Class but many franchises have been known to Ignore things said In diaolgure.

First Class blurres line between prequel and reboot.From the BTS posted on Youtube and Bryan Singer's Interviews it's clear the producers want First Class and sequels to match X-Men and X2 as close as possible.It's obvious The Last Stand and Wolverine are more obviously being Ignored.They Ignore things actully seen on screen.Xavier walking In wolverine.Xavier walking still working with Magneto when Jean's powers manifest.Two different versions of
Moira(No accent In First Class.Accent In Last Stand.Age problems) Beast with 2 different blue versions In series(just Ignore 1 second human looking beast
In X2)

As for sequel Matthew Vaughn may not even return.If x4 or post X2 film remains just talk there remains a good possibilty Bryan Singer will make the sequel his next Directed film after Jack The Giant Killer.With The Wolverine
coming most likely In 2013 It could be 2015 till the next full X-Men film.

If Deadpool actully Is made and they keep the X-Men origins as part of title
then they need to decide rather they are outright Ignoring X-Men Origins:Wolverine.You can call Deadpool a X-Men related film and outright Ignoring everything about Deadpool In wolverine Inless you totaly Ignore
Wolverine.However since First Class works better as just prequel to X-Men and X2,and The wolverine Is trying to distance Itself from X-Men Origins:Wolverine so we may have clue how they view it.

If First Class Is trilogy they might not Incude any characters from Last Stand or wolverine to outright conflict with those films but they will not worry about sticking to things established In those films.If Cyclops,Jean,and Storm are
Introduced In third film they would not worry about sticking to how wolverine and The Last Stand had xaier become aware of Cyclops and Jean.
95% sure Vaughn would return for a sequel. In an interview with Laura... Schuller? she was very adamant that though they were still "discussing" sequels to XMFC, Vaughn was a definite must-have. Singer couldn't make me care about the characters in X1 or X2. The XMFC line is extremely character-driven and Singer despite his good intentions, doesn't have what it takes to bring it.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #398
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well at Interviews for Blu-Ray release she said they hope to have vaughn back so he will probally return for sequel.Intresting on Blu-Ray BTS posted on You Tube he mentions
how much he wanted to do a X-Men film and as it was released he spent so much time
mentioning the Bond elements he wanted to bring to X-Men.

I can see Bryan singer producing with Donner and devolping story and Vaughn writing screenplay and directing but this time Vaughn being able to help devolp story from Begining.

From the behind the scenes on You Tube it's obvious they view First Class as part of exsisting series with certain liberties taken.It's very easy to view First Class,X-men,and X2 together.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #399
Electrix
Side-Kick

Looks like Fox are pushing for DVD/Blu-ray sales:

Quote:
Fox touted the disc release, saying the “X-Men” franchise, which includes three other movies, have sold more than 60 million units combined on DVD and Blu-ray. Jennifer Chai, Fox SVP of brand marketing for North America, said the release marks the first summer blockbuster out on disc this year, and the first superhero movie out this season (Paramount's Thor is out Sept. 13).

Chai said Fox would promote the release with Fox's biggest marketing campaign since Avatar, which is the highest-grossing theatrical release of all time, targeting the 18- to 34-year-old male demographic with televised First Class ads during NFL games.

Fox also has partnered with Marvel Comics, which publishes “X-Men” comics, to offer First Class Blu-ray buyers an access code for 10 digital “First Class” comics, including one exclusive on the foundation of the Hellfire Club, the villain supergroup that factors largely into the film.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/fox...ranchise-25002

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #400
J.Howlett

Are you guys telling me that the whole "Children of the Atom" documentary is on youtube?