The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #576
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
On the latest BR report it says XMFC has earned a total of 26.8M$... that can't be right unless the last few weeks were inflated by 10M$...
I hope this isn't the case. I was so unhappy when it turned out the film's opening weekend had been overestimated.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #577
Electrix
Side-Kick

Well it's doing similar numbers to Thor, so.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #578
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I hope this isn't the case. I was so unhappy when it turned out the film's opening weekend had been overestimated.
I think it just must be a glitch. The last 4 weeks have all reported much higher and certainly by Canadian numbers that number doesn't make sense (BR sells between 32-35$ here, I assume in the US it's somewhere around 30$). I can see them inflating the number by a COUPLE million. Not by 20%. I'm gonna go with the previous numbers being legit.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #579
merbass
Side-Kick

For someone who commented that Love Love isn't feature on their BD, I just viewed my Australian BD and the song is on it.

Also nice to see they fix special effect in some part such as when the submarine crashed on the beach. It looks better on BD. Mystique's colour is darker, but too bad her hair seems to be orange !

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #580
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Finally got to see this on BD, it really is a superb movie and I cant believe it wasnt more successful, hopefully the DVD/BD sales remain strong and we get a sequel soon as there is so much they can do with it.

I really want to see a threat so big Charles and Erik have to unite their teams and we could get stuff like them building Cerebro together, Beast making the X-Jet and Mystique getting pregnant by Azazel. There is so much they could do with it and just seeing Fassbender as Magneto again is enough to get me excited.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #581
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Amazon has the Blu-ray for $9.99 for their Black Friday sale and it's going on now! It's their No. 1 selling Blu-ray/DVD right now

Edit: Just checked again, it got overtaken by Bridesmaids DVD...lol

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #582
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Finally got to see this on BD, it really is a superb movie and I cant believe it wasnt more successful, hopefully the DVD/BD sales remain strong and we get a sequel soon as there is so much they can do with it.

I really want to see a threat so big Charles and Erik have to unite their teams and we could get stuff like them building Cerebro together, Beast making the X-Jet and Mystique getting pregnant by Azazel. There is so much they could do with it and just seeing Fassbender as Magneto again is enough to get me excited.
It's the Batman Begins thing all over again.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #583
Angamb
Banned User

the dvd is having pretty decent legs:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/chart...y/thisweek.php

Thor is selling less already and Bridemaids is getting close to First Class sales by week

FC Dvd is almost close to the 20millions mark

Lets see what happens during the rest of the year

Last edited by Angamb; 11-24-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #584
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I thought Thor was a juggernaut with the general audiences. How has Capt. America sold more copies in a shorter time span? I thought these two were neck and neck with the public?
Btw, I thought Capt. Am was just an OK movie.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #585
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the dvd is having pretty decent legs:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/chart...y/thisweek.php

Thor is selling less already and Bridemaids is getting close to First Class sales by week

FC Dvd is almost close to the 20millions mark

Lets see what happens during the rest of the year
Good, it needs to keep selling well so that a sequel is more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I thought Thor was a juggernaut with the general audiences. How has Capt. America sold more copies in a shorter time span? I thought these two were neck and neck with the public?
I thought both CA and Thor were just okay movies. However, CA had stronger emotional moments IMO and perhaps the public agrees with me.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #586
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Thor Is the worst Marvel Studios film.It is very uneven film.Captain America was without doudt better film.Of course First Class beats them both.

You can also tell they are others like me who only have DVD players when you read about DVD sales.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #587
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Thor Is the worst Marvel Studios film.It is very uneven film.Captain America was without doudt better film.Of course First Class beats them both.
Actually I thought Thor was the most even superhero movie of the summer because it was paced best and had the least obvious flaws. It's just that it didn't have a lot of standout parts for me so that the overall product felt very blah. There were more excitement and emotion in XFC and CA.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #588
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
None of the superhero movies were juggernauts in the US. They couldn't even crack $200 million. Thor came the closest but still fell $20 million short... and that was with inflated 3D ticket prices.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #589
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Same, I thought Thor was the better movie by some way so i'm surprised to see Cap doing so much better on BD/DVD. Someone pointed out Thor seemed to resonate more with women who dont buy Bd/DVD as much as guys, this could be a factor.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #590
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Ok, XM:FC is the 3rd superhero film of the year to get the HISHE treatment:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #591
kedrell

Quote:
I found CA:TFA to be significantly better than the other 3 superhero films this summer. Thor was good(needed more added in to it to flesh it out) and XM:FC was ok(still suffering from heavy-handedness and message mongering like the other X-Films) and Green Lantern was pretty damn lousy. I am totally not suprised how Cap has blown up and shot ahead of the others on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #592
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I found CA:TFA to be significantly better than the other 3 superhero films this summer. Thor was good(needed more added in to it to flesh it out) and XM:FC was ok(still suffering from heavy-handedness and message mongering like the other X-Films) and Green Lantern was pretty damn lousy. I am totally not suprised how Cap has blown up and shot ahead of the others on DVD/Blu-Ray.
I actually didn't like Captain America at all. I've always found him to be a tremendously boring character and the movie did nothing to change my opinion of him. Because HE was dull, the movie suffered.

Don't mind me, I just like my characters to have a personality trait or two. Yknow, beyond "heroic".

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #593
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This video is very much perfect.
"I've been shot you selfish a******"
Damn right!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #594
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Erik and his fabulous helmet

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #595
kedrell

Oh Lord! The Devil's droppin' off people in the E.R.!!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #596
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I actually didn't like Captain America at all. I've always found him to be a tremendously boring character and the movie did nothing to change my opinion of him. Because HE was dull, the movie suffered.

Don't mind me, I just like my characters to have a personality trait or two. Yknow, beyond "heroic".
So have I. I never really cared much for him in the comics. But what interested me about him in the movie was that they didn't take the easy way out and inject some stupid comedic personality to him. That's what GL did. They knew Hal Jordan was a stiff and that would be hard to make work in a film so they made him....well, Ryan Reynolds. With Cap, they actually made him a guy so sure of his own convictions that instead of allowing circumstances and the world to alter him(which happens in every movie) that he actually made the rest of the world conform to him. To me that alone was fascinating and something you almost never get to see so to me it was a breath of fresh air.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #597
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
So have I. I never really cared much for him in the comics. But what interested me about him in the movie was that they didn't take the easy way out and inject some stupid comedic personality to him. That's what GL did. They knew Hal Jordan was a stiff and that would be hard to make work in a film so they made him....well, Ryan Reynolds. With Cap, they actually made him a guy so sure of his own convictions that instead of allowing circumstances and the world to alter him(which happens in every movie) that he actually made the rest of the world conform to him. To me that alone was fascinating and something you almost never get to see so to me it was a breath of fresh air.
Very well said!

I too wasn't a CAP fan before the movie but now I'm definitely a fan and eagerly awaiting (hoping for) the sequel to that movie.

It's very hard to make the straightforward good guy appealing to todays audience who like bad boys, antiheroes, troubled souls, etc., but the moviemakers stood their ground.

I hope they keep doing so. It is very refreshing to see this sort of character portrayed so well.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #598
BMM
Side-Kick

Youíre proud that they didnít take the easy way out by injecting Steve Rogers with something to alter him and make him more appealing? Does anybody else see the irony of this post???

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #599
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Youíre proud that they didnít take the easy way out by injecting Steve Rogers with something to alter him and make him more appealing? Does anybody else see the irony of this post???
Ha-ha! I see what you did there.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #600
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Very well said!

I too wasn't a CAP fan before the movie but now I'm definitely a fan and eagerly awaiting (hoping for) the sequel to that movie.

It's very hard to make the straightforward good guy appealing to todays audience who like bad boys, antiheroes, troubled souls, etc., but the moviemakers stood their ground.

I hope they keep doing so. It is very refreshing to see this sort of character portrayed so well.
What appeals to me is not just that they stood their ground. They could easily have done that and still have it not work. What most impresses me is how they were able to make it work without compromising the character. For that I take my hat off to them. Because on paper that film shouldn't have worked.