The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #251
Nathan

Default Re: OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
And bring back Jazz as well and while he's at it maybe fix Bumblebee's damn voice box so he can speak.
Reviving Jazz would actually be completely possible. He wasn't destroyed beyond repair. All they'd have to do is put him back together and jam the Matrix into his chest. As for Bee, his damn voice-box was already repaired by the end of the first Movie. They just decided later to not have him talk normally anymore.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #252
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Reviving Jazz would actually be completely possible. He wasn't destroyed beyond repair. All they'd have to do is put him back together and jam the Matrix into his chest. As for Bee, his damn voice-box was already repaired by the end of the first Movie. They just decided later to not have him talk normally anymore.
Because everyone thought he was too cute with his radio voice and he seems more like a pet when he doesn't speak. I also suspect Bay just didn't care to direct actual dialogue moments between Sam and Bumblebee.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #253
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Okay I just saw this one yesterday and all I can say is I want my money back. Sure there were a lot of cool action scenes but that did not make up for the rest of the movie. People in my theater were laughing through more than half of the movie and I felt ashamed to be a TF fan. No other autobot seemed to care about Ironhide's death, what was up with that? And when did the humans start calling them 'Transformers'? And was it really necessary to play the Linkin Park theme 5 times throughout the movie?

gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #254
def28
Side-Kick

The other bots not mentioning Ironhide pissed me off too. There should have been a strong reaction from Bee or Sideswipe after it happened. Then Prime should have mentioned something later. It seemed no one cared.

Yes that LP song was too repetitive. I could have done with just the instrumental. The lyrics were way too much and took me out of the flick.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #255
blksuperman2
Deadly Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
1. I think the autobots shot it down. The Ark was being piloted by a bunch of Decepticons carrying Sentinel who just defected that only Megatron knew about. He was locked away. I don't think all the Decepticons knew about the alliance. So, it really could be either side but I think the autobots shot him down and Optimus was regretful of that because he knew Sentinel was their last hope.
I don't think it was the Autobots. Optimus made it pretty clear that he knew what was on the ship and the implications and importance of it. He even mentions that he was there at the launch. Makes no sense for them to all of sudden start shooting at it.

Don't get me wrong. I really really liked this movie and enjoyed it immensely. I just felt like Sentinel's
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
betrayal
was too convoluted given the information that was presented.

My website :My NEW Fan Art thread
blksuperman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #256
CEREBRAL....
new name: Agent_Ghost!

Finally got to see TF3 last night and you know what!? Good movie, i say to me it was much more enjoyable then the first two. Besides some minor issues this was the direction Bay should of went from the get go.

minor issues..

Yea the story kind of dragged a little, took too long to come together (but it did come together)

the battles scene didnt have to be that long

still miss the personalities of meg and starscream (but they did have a personality this time around so it was cool)

wish other autobots and deceps had more speaking roles (especially sound and shockwaves respectfully)

still hate megs and starscreams designs.

too much friggin "Sam" that's probably the one thing that stuck out to me, really dont like his character. and Carly..i mean really Bay. we could of done witout the vickie secret model

but that's it..

everything else was great to me, enjoy the sentinel prime, finally gave a villian a good role. so probably next to x-men first class and limitless this was one of the top movies for me this year so far.

CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #257
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Anyone know what the little "bug"-type robots were that Megatron was feeding and climbing all over him like flies?

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #258
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I couldn't tell if they were fixing him or annoying him

Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #259
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The other bots not mentioning Ironhide pissed me off too. There should have been a strong reaction from Bee or Sideswipe after it happened.
Sideswipe helping Prime for a minute against Sentinel and yelling "This is for Ironhide!" would have been nice.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #260
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Transformers 4 The Rise of galvatron make it happen bay

Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #261
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Transformers 4 The Rise of galvatron make it happen any new and highly more competent director
Fixed.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #262
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I couldn't tell if they were fixing him or annoying him
i think they were fixing him. they looked like the robot from TF2

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #263
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Transformers 4 The Rise of galvatron make it happen whoever wrote Beast Wars
Quote:
Fixed.
Amended

Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #264
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

They keep talking like Spielbergo may take the helm for the 4th for some reason. And Unicron is the only way they could up the ante from the last one...fighting someone as big as a planet.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #265
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Wouldn't that be a little too similar to the cartoon movie? Unicron...then of course he would summon Megatron's parts and pieces and then create Galvatron. Might as well bring in Ultra Magnus as well.

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #266
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

enjoyed the movie more so than TF2 (though i found that one fun despite it's many faults). I got frustrated by the end, though. The first half of the movie is dealing with Sam's frustration with life - no/poor job, he's "just a messenger", etc. But there was no conclusion to that part of the story. No real vindication or promise for the character's future. If they're going to spend so much time dealing with those things, they really need to adequately deal with it.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #267
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Really, what does it matter how they do it? Just have him show up. By this point, it's not like anybody cares about logic in these movies.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #268
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittman4Two View Post
Wouldn't that be a little too similar to the cartoon movie? Unicron...then of course he would summon Megatron's parts and pieces and then create Galvatron. Might as well bring in Ultra Magnus as well.
I'd love to see Ultra Magnus! Hammer and all.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #269
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Speaking of reviews; Movie Bob:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2011/07...k-of.html#more

Yeah, about sums it up.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #270
nogster
Side-Kick

MovieBob nails it IMO.

Although, I actually preferred the 1st half only because I was intruiged by where the story was going due to the homages to "the ultimate doom", spacebridges and another classic G1 episode where the Autobots leave earth in a shuttle after the decepticons trick humanity.
The comedy relief scenes still irked me but I was ignoring the crap to see where they would go with this. Once I realised that the title characters were being bastardized and ignored for the mighty american soldiers and Sam and Carly's "love". My interest was lost.

nogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #271
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
Speaking of reviews; Movie Bob:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2011/07...k-of.html#more

Yeah, about sums it up.
Movie Bob: "final battle between autobot and decepticon is decided because a pretty girl makes Megatron feel insecure about his robot manhood"

LOL, the speech Rosie gave Megatron was pretty stupid but it feels even more lame since that's what it ultimately meant

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #272
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sideswipe helping Prime for a minute against Sentinel and yelling "This is for Ironhide!" would have been nice.
Sideswipe killing Sentinel would be even better.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #273
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster View Post
MovieBob nails it IMO.

Although, I actually preferred the 1st half only because I was intruiged by where the story was going due to the homages to "the ultimate doom", spacebridges and another classic G1 episode where the Autobots leave earth in a shuttle after the decepticons trick humanity.
The comedy relief scenes still irked me but I was ignoring the crap to see where they would go with this. Once I realised that the title characters were being bastardized and ignored for the mighty american soldiers and Sam and Carly's "love". My interest was lost.
That was pretty much my reaction. The opening bit with the battle on cybertron was brilliant, but things quickly deteriorated after that.

I still don't get why they wasted time with a "new" love interest. I can understand firing Fox, but they could have just gotten another actress to play the same roll, ala Katie Holmes and Maggie Gylenhaal.

So much screen time wasted on a love story no one cared about.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #274
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

so megatron crashed on earth thousands of years ago on his way to meet sentinel and sentinel crashed on the moon in the 60s on his way to meet megatron? why so late? am i missing something here?

1) The Avengers, 2) The Dark Knight, 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier, 4) The Dark Knight Rises, 5) The Incredible Hulk, 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World,7) X-Men:FirstClass,8) Thor, 9) Thor:The Dark World, 10) Spider-Man 2,
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #275
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
so megatron crashed on earth thousands of years ago on his way to meet sentinel and sentinel crashed on the moon in the 60s on his way to meet megatron? why so late? am i missing something here?
Time paradox.

Or when Megatron came here like 150 years ago and had a dam built around him, he actually escaped real quick in the 1960's to go make that deal with Sentinel and then when he got back to earth he forgot to warn a young Michael Bay about plot holes.

Last edited by UltimateJustin; 07-06-2011 at 10:37 PM.
UltimateJustin is offline   Reply With Quote