The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #276
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Default Re: OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

My wife and I saw it in 3D over the weekend. I thought the movie was pretty bad. It's just a hair better than ROTF, IMO. 4/10

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #277
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
Time paradox.

Or when Megatron came here like 150 years ago and had a dam built around him, he actually escaped real quick in the 1960's to go make that deal with Sentinel and then when he got back to earth he forgot to warn a young Michael Bay about plot holes.
LOL, the timeline in these movies are all over the place. Its obvious the writers along with Michael Bay just don't care at all. Another thing that annoyed me about this movie was that everyone on Earth knows that we have alien robots living among us. But Sam continually states he can't reveal the reason why he got a medal. Even if they swore him to secrecy they might as well give him a job with NEST if they think he deserves a medal in the first place.

Now Playing Podcast sums the writing up in this trilogy perfectly as 'Bayzness'. Whatever it takes to get us from one point to another even if it doesn't make sense.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #278
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Sam's girl giving Megatron the "wheres your nutsack" speech at the end was absolutely ridiculous. I guess it was the quickest and easiest way to kill Sentinel, while getting Megatron close enough to Optimus, in order to close the door on him for the trilogy. Optimus cuts Megatron in half, who just took out Sentinel, who nearly killed Optimus???? Just one of my many complaints.

Last edited by Mr.T; 07-07-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #279
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
Sam's girl giving Megatron the "wheres your nutsack" speech at the end was absolutely ridiculous. I guess it was the quickest and easiest way to kill Sentine while getting Megatron close enough to Optimus in order to close the door on him for the trilogy. Optimus cuts Megatron in half, who just took out Sentinel, who nearly killed Optimus???? Just one of my many complaints.

I was embarrassed for Michael Bay after that scene alone. I literally cringed.

You know what also was pathetic to watch? The forced "opposition" Josie had to Sam helping the Autobots, when when he was going to miss that dinner. Literally two seconds before that she's with him and looking all involved as Sam was touring the facility where crap from the moon was kept.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-07-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #280
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Have you guys watched the Spill review?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOL at that comment about the people making excuses for this movie that we should "check out brains at the door" ..... "Those ****** checked their brains at the door as soon as they were given birth to."

Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #281
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I honestly don't care but to me in DOTM the many things he does makes it so blatant. I mean we hear in the movie Optimus say that the Autobots are helping humans with their problems, then we see them plowing through the Middle East blowing stuff up. At the end he focuses on a tattered American flag when the battle ends. Showing the shot of the flag makes no sense in the context of the movie since Earth won, not just America. I just don't think its right to have Autobots trying to solve problems of the world. Just fight the Decepticons. IMO those things are in poor taste since these are complicated issues within our current time.
Batman warrantlessly wiretapped people in the first, second and second of the Nolan films...were Burton and Nolan attempting to make commentary. I don't think so, I just think they were referencing a character who often does these things.

The Autobots, by the way, always have been depicted solving the problems of the world. It wasn't a cartoon about a bunch of hippies who smoke pot and talk bad about "the man", it was a movie about militaristic robots who fought each other and protected the "world" like any other super-being types.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #282
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
Speaking of reviews; Movie Bob:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2011/07...k-of.html#more

Yeah, about sums it up.
Bravo. Seriously.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #283
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

No talk yet about McDreamy?

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #284
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Batman warrantlessly wiretapped people in the first, second and second of the Nolan films...were Burton and Nolan attempting to make commentary. I don't think so, I just think they were referencing a character who often does these things.

The Autobots, by the way, always have been depicted solving the problems of the world. It wasn't a cartoon about a bunch of hippies who smoke pot and talk bad about "the man", it was a movie about militaristic robots who fought each other and protected the "world" like any other super-being types.
They protected the world from other crazy giant robots. I don't think it's their business to really meddle in human affairs.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #285
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They keep talking like Spielbergo may take the helm for the 4th for some reason. And Unicron is the only way they could up the ante from the last one...fighting someone as big as a planet.
I think Unicron needs to appear in a second trilogy too.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #286
elgaz
Side-Kick

Unicron should be saved for the last Transformers film - be that #4, #5, whatever.

Once you have him appear - planet sized, evil incarnate, and arguably their greatest nemesis ever and the enemy of their own god-like creator (if you follow the Primus origin) - then you can't really better him in terms of spectacle and menace. Any subsequent villain would need to be pretty special to top Unicron.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #287
Nathan

If that happens, I'd like to see Autobots and Decepticons uniting again, to take on a common threat. Like Armada. I liked that more than the old movie, where there's just this giant planet sized Transformer that eats everything and then it gets killed by the Matrix.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #288
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I love how the story of the matrix was developed in G2 of the Transformers.It wasn't this thing that signified who was leader of the autobots, the ultimate weapon against Unicron. then later the spores ,but it was also the transformer historical keeper. It kept these records telling it through the eyes of the Autobots who once carried it.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #289
Nathan

I hope the spores get never used. That was so lame.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #290
Paradox1
Side-Kick

The spores wasn't the thing that I remember most of that story it was bringing back Optimus Prime from the grave.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #291
Paroxysm
Banned User

I watched this last night and loved it. It was everything I wanted. Michael Bay makes my kinda movies.

Paroxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #292
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
Speaking of reviews; Movie Bob:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2011/07...k-of.html#more

Yeah, about sums it up.
Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

EDIT: I forgot to add that every second of Ken Jeong's scenes made me want to claw my face off.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #293
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

EDIT: I forgot to add that every second of Ken Jeong's scenes made me want to claw my face off.
Bwahahahaha ..... that's great.

I was sitting there thinking "Wow this guy toting gats and speaking hard to a robot vulture is what entertains people?"

Old 07-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #294
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Bwahahahaha ..... that's great.

I was sitting there thinking "Wow this guy toting gats and speaking hard to a robot vulture is what entertains people?"
He's great in Community. He's the anti-comedy equation here.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #295
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
He's great in Community. He's the anti-comedy equation here.
That manic energy he has works in Community, anywhere else not so much. Bay is the anti-comedy equation, he probably told Jeong to just do what you did in the hangover and that'll be gold.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #296
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
That manic energy he has works in Community, anywhere else not so much. Bay is the anti-comedy equation, he probably told Jeong to just do what you did in the hangover and that'll be gold.
I normally have no problem with him .... but in this movie he's forced on you like some foul smelling dude sitting next to you in the DMV line.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #297
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
I normally have no problem with him .... but in this movie he's forced on you like some foul smelling dude sitting next to you in the DMV line.
I agree with you...I blame Bay. This entire trilogy has been filled with over the top obnoxious characters that Bay is trying to be funny with. Jeong is just another one. Some work but most are just painful.
Malkovich is a great actor but the material he has to portray in this movie is unfunny and pointless. It seems all he was meant to do was deliver some info to Sam to show that the shoes have changed. That's all, complete waste of time. At least Dempsey was part of the plot, however silly it seemed.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #298
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.

I watch it last week. This was EPIC. Great summer movie. I really loved it. My favorite scene was the building part. That had me on the edge of my seat. 8/10 Im not sure which one was my favorite. This one or the first one but man this one was ****ing awesome.

TheIncredibleSk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #299
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

lol this movie was pretty bad, but i really enjoyed it

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #300
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Same could probably be said about everything you've been ranting about, but yes, when bays involved something does smell doesn't it.
like b.s.