The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #26
Nathan

Default Re: Was tying it off a good thing [SPOILERS]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Breakaway

It's such a shame we ended up with the Twins instead.
Didn't know he was supposed to be in the Movie. He actually ended up in the game.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #27
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ From what I read, apparently, the original script had Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Arcee, Skids, Mudflap (+ 1 more), Wheelie, Springer, Breakaway, Depth Charge and Kup (instead of Jetfire).

Jake Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
HerbLazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Scotti View Post
First scene of the next film should kill off Sam , and bring in a whole new list of heroes

This is the best idea ever, Shia Lebeouf is annoying. I don't know why, I just can't stand him. I know Sam is pretty much Spike, but bring on Spike and Sparkplug.

HerbLazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #29
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbLazer View Post
This is the best idea ever, Shia Lebeouf is annoying. I don't know why, I just can't stand him. I know Sam is pretty much Spike, but bring on Spike and Sparkplug.
Sam was Spike, there was no "pretty much" about it. Just make new characters, no one cares. Spike and Sparkplug were pretty annoying too.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #30
Timstuff
Banned User

This movie was part 3 of 3. I am glad they tied up the loose ends.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Trying to be as Spoiler-free in the heading as possible

Look, this is getting a sequel, no doubt about it...

So they essentially killed every Decepticon. Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave and Megatron. That's every one anyone who wasn't a Transformers nerd cared about. I'm a TF Nerd though, and maybe there is a silver lining. Transformers G1 had a plethora of characters and a plethora of Decepticon factions and leaders. Deathsaurus, Thunderwing, Scorponok (I know he's technically been used), Super Megatron (the resurrected Megatron), Overlord, the Quintessons (not Decepticons, but other enemies) and Unicron (not a Decepticon), and of course GALVATRON!

Does this open up more interesting possibilities for a sequel?
No, reboot. Most of those people I've never heard of. A proper trilogy with G1 characters.

Quote:
It already cracked 100 million (I think it was at 97 million by Friday actually), but basically you make that kind of money it'll mean sequel automatically. Plus it seems the audience likes it. I think the critics have it in for Bay, as far as action movies go that delivered.
Critics don't have it in for Bay. He's a bad film maker, and a critics job is to criticize films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I hope they get a different director. I like these movies, but I want to see someone else's take on it. Apparently James Cameron, Peter Jackson and Gullermo Del Toro have all said that they were interested in TF.
Yes. Isn't Spielberg rumored to be taking over? I'm surprise so many high profile directors are interest in this. As opposed to Bay who's first reaction was, "I'm not doing a movie about toys". I wonder if Spielberg regrets asking Bay.

Quote:
Question is whether you'd get Eric Idle Wreck-Gar or Weird Al Wreck-Gar, both were great. I'd almost rather Weird Al. Then Springer would be good, but they can still fish around in the early lines. Insecticons, Prowl, Inferno, Red Alert, the Dinobots, Thurst, Dirge, Ramjet, Blitzwing, Astrotrain all are still available. Plus other show characters like Skybite, Nemesis Prime, the Quintessons, Sixshot, Deathsaurus, the Masters (power and headmasters). So much at their disposal for movie 4 it's not even funny.
Eric Idle. Weird Al was too weird.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
jaganar
☆ Predaking ☆

1. PREDAKING ( rampage/razorclaw were in the highway scene)
Lazerbeak is really DIVEBOMB .

2. Critics dont know their backs from talent. so dont count on people listening to them.

3. number 1 is all i care about , as long as PREDAKING is in BAY4 im happy

A Ṃ .

☆ F Я ☆

ŞИЗŞTЯѲ
jaganar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #33
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Megatron View Post
this could be like the 1st two seasons of the G1 series n the reboot could be like season 3 and beyond with Galvatron in charge and bring on hot rod, ultra magnus, and the others. that would be beautiful
Exactly! Except, no reboot is required for this.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #34
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Bay doesn't know his back from filmmaking.

REBOOT TIME!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #35
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

This reboot craze is getting out of hand, not everything needs to start again fresh. The trilogy has it's problems yeah, but really there's no way to make a perfect film adaption the next version would have it's own set of annoying flaws. also I'd be very opposed to a Transformers movie that dosen't feature Peter Cullen or Hugo Weaving.

Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #36
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

I agree, but this is one case that a reboot is absolutely needed, unlike Spiderman or the Hulk.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:19 AM   #37
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Quote:
Does this open up more interesting possibilities for a sequel?
Yes, and no.

Hasbro has made many big bads that can take over for sequels. I don't know if Paramount is smart enough to make it work.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #38
Lord
All Mighty

No need for reboots, Transformers movies have been successful now because it follows a similar formula as james bond movies, cars, and girls, this one even adds robots fighting.
Get a new sam, a new girls and new robots and audiences will be satisfied.

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #39
jaganar
☆ Predaking ☆

@ bell and oberon

dont make me force you both to watch TWILIGHT (ill do it i swear).

not everyone wants to see a reboot of BAYformers , its like the opinion from fans of LANTERN .. i borrowed my friends copy of it last week and played it for my mom , she loved it and she was a comic reader back in the day she also liked HORNET the tv series but when i played that she said take it off so that alone said volumes granted i made her watch it the whole way through and even at the end she hated it.

BAY did the opposite of what SHAMALAN did , he made the fans for the most part happy( ok i mean the target audiance kids and teens, not just the fans who realized that we would never see a TF movie in our lifetime atleast not the TF's we are used to growing up).

say what you want about his director skills but the man has figured out how to rake in the big bucks... he did it with BB,armageddon and i dont think there are many directors out there who can pull that off.

personally im waiting til it is released before i cut it and make it one 8 hr epic movie for my ipod like i did with Potc and Lotr.

the Chibi Kiriyama :
i agree 100 percent , but look who they got to Direct JOE 2...a guy who made the BIEBER movie...that is the worst black mark ever.

but then again, its not about talent as director skills go, its all about the cash, so we are doomed(much like the career of the live KATARA)

A Ṃ .

☆ F Я ☆

ŞИЗŞTЯѲ
jaganar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
No need for reboots, Transformers movies have been successful now because it follows a similar formula as james bond movies, cars, and girls, this one even adds robots fighting.
Get a new sam, a new girls and new robots and audiences will be satisfied.
And the Movies will keep sucking. Great. But at least they make money, right?

The only reason why I'd rather get a sequel, is because I like Josh Duhamel's character so much. Otherwise I'd say, wipe the slate clean and make sure to let everyone know that Bay is off this franchise.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #41
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And the Movies will keep sucking. Great. But at least they make money, right?

The only reason why I'd rather get a sequel, is because I like Josh Duhamel's character so much. Otherwise I'd say, wipe the slate clean and make sure to let everyone know that Bay is off this franchise.
Of corse

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #42
Chris B
Side-Kick

Problem is though that I'm just not sure if Hasbro would greenlit a TF film that doesn't feature Megatron as the villain.

That said, I would like to see the other Decepticon leaders have the spotlight shine on them. But I'm thinking 'Prime' may be the best place for that.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #43
Nathan

Didn't Megatron only have like extended cameo roles? He needs some proper screen time.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #44
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Hopefully it's a reboot. Hopefully then we can get some decent robot designs and some actual character development to the transformers. Bring back JAZZ!

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #45
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

If this thing gets a sequel, it had better be with a different producer/director. Spielberg may have some saving grace with Cowboy's and Aliens, but most of his recent stuff has sucked outside of drama like Munich. And Bay is just........well he's basically Uwe Boll, only his films have larger budgets.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #46
DoomsdayApex
zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I'm sorry, but REBOOT. I'm usually against reboots but Bay left the franchise in shambles, and didn't give a damn about it.

My advice, although no film studio will listen to it, is give the project to a respectable name who will actually care about the characters and story.

As for the casting, I say keep everyone. After three films, I can't imagine hearing another version of Megatron or Starscream or Ratchet. They should also bring back alot of the characters that were killed off and add new names as well (such as Unicron, Hot Rod, etc).

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #47
DoomsdayApex
zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I do not think Spielberg will take over. He'll apparently be too busy on tackling the new trilogy for the Jurassic Park franchise.

I want Del Toro, Cameron, Abrams, Jackson, Blomkamp, Boyle, Aronofsky or Nolan spearheading the next project.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #48
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
No, reboot. Most of those people I've never heard of. A proper trilogy with G1 characters.
Every character I listed was a "proper G1 character". Will we please stop this nonsense that Bay didn't follow G1 anymore closely than anyone else did. Transformers has over 30 divergent timelines, and many, many G1 divergent timelines. Bay did nothing remotely controversial in changing the continuity. The cartoon is far from the only continuity, nor is it the highest regarded G1 continuity.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #49
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Exactly! Except, no reboot is required for this.
Bay left enough uncovered in the Transformers mythos that any director would have the freedom to do what he wants with the sequel. Humans are pretty transcient in the Transformers Universe. Spike can be replaced with whomever and the story can continue. No need to reboot.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #50
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I'd introduce Daniel [Witwicky] but not as a Witwicky, just as another human kid. I'd advance him in age a bit to make him less annoying, say 17-19. I think Daniel is a good companion for Hot Rod, but it's unnecessary to have him be some prepubescent annoyance.