The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #476
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Smallville

They where into lana more. But when lana left they did try to push chloe up now stuff like davis and being all mucky muck didn't go overr that well at times. I do agree early yrs chloe/when she first found out of clark was her better times.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #477
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Al/Miles were definitely more in love with Lana, which is why they made her do so much more between season 4-7 where she was just all over the place and becoming a more powerful character than she's ever been before in any other form. But Brian/Kelly were really in love with Chloe, which explains why she was more of a lead female than Lois, who was still only appearing in 12-16 episodes in season 8 and 9. She only got a full run in season 10 because they literally had no one else in the main cast at that point.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #478
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Chloe was a character I loved form beginning to end. In fact I think she is my favorite Smallville character! I know I might be in the minority on that. I liked Lana in the early seasons but eventually she become a character I thought was merely ok and was far more interested in other stories with other characters. I just got tired of Clark hanging on her all the time, but I never "hated" her like many fans did.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #479
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I always liked Lana, even though I knew she wasn't going to end up with Clark, but early on into season 7 is when I started to wish that they would get rid of her because it was clear that Clark and Lana weren't working out, but its like they didn't want to break them up and they didn't let Clark realize it on his own.

I think the greatest thing about their relationship on the show was that he couldn't be with her because of his secret, butonce that was out of the way, it was very clear that that wasn't the only issue. Plus the fact that Lana knew she was holding him back from being something greater, but he didn't ant to leave the farm, just made things very frustrating. Not to mention, in the end, it seemed like he only settled for Lois because he couldn't be with Lana.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #480
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I still wished lana left the show in 3rd/4th seasons. Like I said before after season two they had no clue what to do with her. So then if they did that then maybe they could have done some other love interests from comics. Maybe have done a honest relationship with chloe and clark. Or but I know this wouldn't been at point of show run no relationship for a bit. With that maybe we wouldn't have gotten super lana and all the bs stuff folks didn't like on later chloe.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #481
bonoferox
Side-Kick

As much as I hated Lana as a cahracter (like most) I have to admit I enjoyed watching her a lot more with Clark than I did Durance's Lois.

Chloe was one of my favorite characters to the end, but they definitely did put the same mark of "what the hell are we doing?" on her like they did to quite a few characters. It was sad.

bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #482
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I think season 3 gave Lana a good send-off, at least for the time being. I wonder how long KK's contract was exactly for after season 3, but from a story standpoint, I think it would've been good to see her away for at least a few episode, maybe even half the season. I always liked the innocent Lana from the early seasons, and always felt like they started to ruin her with the way they tried to make the show feel a little more adult in season 4.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #483
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I believe the biggest problem was that they were more focused and concerned with who Lana's new Love Interest was going to be for every new season, or how they could put more obstacles in front of her and Clark that they forgot to actually develop her as a individual character.

And whenever they thought of something for her as a character, it was either executed very poorly or it was apparent that they were trying to force her deeper into the mythology (ala Witch Arc).

Frankly, if she had been allowed one whole freaking season where she wasn't romantically paired up with someone, it would have done her character some justice. She was practically the Mary Jane (Raimi's take on MJ) of the franchise.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #484
Johnny
Side-Kick

MJ was much more likeable than Lana. I'm not a huge fan of her movie version either and I hope if they bring her in the new films, they'd do her justice and not make her simply a Gwen rival(which would be retarded) but MJ never irritated me as much as Lana did. She was never hypocritical or never blamed others for her mistakes. I had a huge problem with Lana in Smallville, MJ was so much better.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #485
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I agree about them always trying to give Lana a new interest, and I think it was definitely done to create more problems for Clark. They needed something to keep them apart, since for him, that was the end goal. There was nothing to work for if he were to get her, and we saw how stagnant he was in season 7, where he just wanted to stay on the farm as opposed to embracing his destiny.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #486
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I agree about them always trying to give Lana a new interest, and I think it was definitely done to create more problems for Clark. They needed something to keep them apart, since for him, that was the end goal. There was nothing to work for if he were to get her, and we saw how stagnant he was in season 7, where he just wanted to stay on the farm as opposed to embracing his destiny.
That; and truth be told, I think the creators (Miles and Gough) loved Kristin Kreuk so much that if it weren't for DC, they would have probably preferred for Lana to end up with Clark but since DC wouldn't obviously allow that, they wanted to make it so elaborate and angst like as to why their supposed perfect couple couldn't end up together.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #487
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

For me I never cared for lana and clark after the first few seasons. In later seasons I enjoyed chloe and clark and clark and lois scenes a lot more.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #488
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
He had chemistry with Durance? When?
Well, you know opinions are like a** holes, everybody has one.

I loved their chemistry.

Zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #489
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Me too zatanna clarrk and lois wwas ten times better then lana and clark by a mile. But we can't please milos.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #490
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Wow, on another note, I just realized on how much the main relationships in SV somewhat mirrored the ones presented in "The Dark Knight Rises".

BRUCE WAYNE (The Dark Knight Rises)= CLARK KENT (Smallville)

SELINA KYLE (The Dark Knight Rises)= LOIS LANE (Smallville)

MIRANDA TATE (The Dark Knight Rises)= LANG LANG (Smallville)

BANE (The Dark Knight Rises)= LEX LUTHER (Smallville)

Old 08-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #491
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

To add to that list:

BRUCE & SELINA (The Dark Knight Rises)= CLARK & LOIS (Smallville)

BANE VS BATMAN (The Dark Knight Rises)= LEX VS CLARK (Smallville)

Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #492
Johnny
Side-Kick

Nice. TDKR is a phenomenal film.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #493
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I can't really say that for comparisons that is kinda stretching it. As for the film I enjoyed it myself. Just didn't like bane at all including his voice. And some story details I didn't care for but anne and levitt was great.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #494
Johnny
Side-Kick

I thought Bane was great. I had no problem with anything in the movie, and I loved it was so much more superhero-ish than the last. As a person who enjoyed BB more than TDK I more than appreciated that they brought back that aspect in it. A great trilogy nonetheless, people all have their favorite one and least favorite one of the three films, but noone would say that two of them are good and one sucks. Kudos to Nolan.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #495
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
I can't really say that for comparisons that is kinda stretching it. As for the film I enjoyed it myself. Just didn't like bane at all including his voice. And some story details I didn't care for but anne and levitt was great.

True;lol..but this is how I had looked at it-

1. Clark and Lex had the same mentor/father figure in Lionel; ala Bruce/Bane with Ra's.

2. Clark and Lana have history together, along with Lana having intimate connections with Lex as well; ala Bruce/Talia and Talia/Bane.

3. Lois and Clark didn't get along with each other well and they would always have their classic banter, Bruce and Selina.

4. Bane is older than Bruce and Talia like how Lex is with Clark and Lana.

5. Lex's exit at the end of season 10 was as unsatisfying as Bane's exit in TDKR.lol

Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #496
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ok I see your view.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #497
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Some of your comparison are a bit of a stretch but I do like the effort and TDKR was awesome.

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #498
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Who do you guys think does a better "Welling-esque" Superman in Smallville Season 11 Pere Perez or Chris Cross?

Last edited by Young Superman; 09-04-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #499
Pepsiguy2
Side-Kick

Chris did an amazing Clark in #1, but it's not so amazing anymore.

That being said, Pere did a FAAAAAAAAAR better Lex.

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #500
Johnny
Side-Kick

He's doing great when the characters are drawn closer. When they are far, not so much. Look at that panel in the first issue of Detective when Lois is in bed in the Fortress and sees Clark's not there, then Clark says "Sorry". I don't know what is drawn there, seems more like a Clayface version of a woman lol.

Last edited by Johnny; 09-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.