The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #501
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: Smallville

In your opinion, in which season was Tom Welling's physique look it's best? I'd say season 9 was when Welling was at his physical best.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #502
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
In your opinion, in which season was Tom Welling's physique look it's best? I'd say season 9 was when Welling was at his physical best.
Season 4 and first half of season 5 he looked his best!
After that he got fat especially in season 6 he looked bloated.
Later in season 7 he put some muscle but his face really started to look old.
So season 4 and first half of season 5 was best!

Milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #503
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I agree. I remember seeing him at the Red Sox game with the caveman beard and he really looked like he let himself go a bit, and you could see it in the premiere of season 6 when he talks to Chloe at the end of the episode. His jawline didn't looked as chiseled and defined.

He did looked like he bulked up in season 7, especially in the final scene of Action, but his face didn't look like that of a 21 year old, which is how old Clark was supposed to be at that point.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #504
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I never thought of tom as fat. But yes mid seasons he was best rip. Then later seasons just wasn't as toned. But he was far from fat or out of shape.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #505
Johnny
Side-Kick

Tom never even remotely looked fat or out of shape. That sounds retarded even for you Milos. He was in a better shape during S4 and S5, true, but bloated or out of shape? No. He just wasn't as ripped anymore. In S4 he was like chiseled out of a stone, then he let himself go a little but he never looked bad. I wonder how people who pass judgment on him, look in real life...

Last edited by Johnny; 09-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #506
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya and come on you have to remember what his schedule became in mid/end seasons directing, producing, working 6 days a week, 16 hr days. Not a lot of time while shooting to work out and all that. Then he did have in the early yrs.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #507
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Tom never even remotely looked fat or out of shape. That sounds retarded even for you Milos. He was in a better shape during S4 and S5, true, but bloated or out of shape? No. He just wasn't as ripped anymore. In S4 he was like chiseled out of a stone, then he let himself go a little but he never looked bad. I wonder how people who pass judgment on him, look in real life...
He definitively looks bloated to me here! This was just before season 6 started!

I too wonder how people on here look.
And you can see my pic on my deviantart page. Been told i was beautiful, or mistaken for a girl my whole life.

Last edited by Milos; 09-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #508
Odneyson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
After that he got fat especially in season 6 he looked bloated.
Too much pie

Odneyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #509
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
He definitively looks bloated to me here! This was just before season 6 started!

I too wonder how people on here look.
And you can see my pic on my deviantart page. Been told i was beautiful, or mistaken for a girl my whole life.
And does this look like a fat person to you? He never looked fat anywhere during this show. Maybe he let himself go during some of their spring breaks but he was never fat, all I see here is a pic of guy in his casual life with beard who smiles like an idiot, not a bloated person. Look at the premiere of S6 or the season in general and he's never been in bad shape.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #510
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

That scene in "spell" where Clark was chained up by the whitches, he was in great shape there.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #511
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And does this look like a fat person to you? He never looked fat anywhere during this show. Maybe he let himself go during some of their spring breaks but he was never fat, all I see here is a pic of guy in his casual life with beard who smiles like an idiot, not a bloated person. Look at the premiere of S6 or the season in general and he's never been in bad shape.
I'm sorry but yes. That is fat to me. It's just how I see it!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #512
Johnny
Side-Kick

Well that's just messed up.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #513
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

milos that was between seasons when he was on break. Not really the best photo of tom to pick from. If you want to talk about looks how about actual photos of tom during X season.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #514
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Is it just me or does the Clark from the Season Eleven comic look bigger/more ripped then his live action counterpart?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #515
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Is it just me or does the Clark from the Season Eleven comic look bigger/more ripped then his live action counterpart?
Well he's SUPERMAN now so obviously he going to look the part.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #516
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I haven't really seen much from the comics, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made him look bigger. It's typical for comics to exaggerate the body. Although I will say that Tom's build overall is part of the reason why I always thought he would be a good Superman. He really did look like something that came straight out of the comics and its still a shame we never saw him in the suit.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #517
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

ya comics is a totally different medium so of course they exaggerate looks of characters.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #518
Johnny
Side-Kick

Especially when it comes to women...

Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #519
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

and yet the artist involved in the current smallville comic have yet to capture Erica's likeness exactly on target.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #520
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Some panels it was good, others I agree not the best.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #521
Johnny
Side-Kick

I mentioned the Clayface-like Lois panel already, right? lol Yeah, he doesn't draw Lois particularly well when it comes to Erica's likeness, and neither did Perez as well. Though he did a better job. Still, I'm kinda glad they try to make the comic has its own feel other than try to make the characters look the same way the entire time.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #522
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I haven't really seen much from the comics, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made him look bigger. It's typical for comics to exaggerate the body. Although I will say that Tom's build overall is part of the reason why I always thought he would be a good Superman. He really did look like something that came straight out of the comics and its still a shame we never saw him in the suit.
Good point, another example of this the Gary Frank drawn Superman had a little more defined physique then Christopher Reeve actually did in the films.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #523
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Good point, another example of this the Gary Frank drawn Superman had a little more defined physique then Christopher Reeve actually did in the films.
Yeah, although I'll admit that I really liked how he drew a Superman that was based on Reeve. The body wasn't the same, but he also didn't look like steroid junkie either. I wish comics in general would stay away from using super muscular heroes.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #524
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, although I'll admit that I really liked how he drew a Superman that was based on Reeve. The body wasn't the same, but he also didn't look like steroid junkie either. I wish comics in general would stay away from using super muscular heroes.
Agreed, also didn't you use Frank's stuff as an inspiration for some Welling/Superman fan art you did?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #525
Odneyson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
)

Odneyson is offline   Reply With Quote