Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #76
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
Can you make the top lining of the boots gold as well?

Just so that there's more gold than in just one place.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #77
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercureyx View Post
WOW! That looks awesome! I'm liking the subtle hints of gold.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #78
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Less seams, and less v-neck plz

Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #79
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
* This is the same approach that's being taken with the new Superman/Kryptonian costumes for Man of Steel.

The entire purpose of this reboot is to re-establish the Superman brand for the same audience that enjoyed The Dark Knight. There is a 100% chance that the costume will reflect this goal. WB refers to it as "reintroducing the brand" - and it extends beyond the film.

I know that won't put it to rest, but, in a couple of months, possibly sooner... you'll see .
They're also rebooting Batman after TDKR so that all DC's heroes exist in the same universe, so, who knows what that Batman costume will look like.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
You mean that the trunks would have fall down without the belt? Really?
No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, there's no point, whatsoever, to having a belt around your waist unless it is attached to something. The trunks had belt loops. That's what I'm saying. If you lose the trunks, the belt looks silly by itself.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #81
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein View Post
They're also rebooting Batman after TDKR so that all DC's heroes exist in the same universe, so, who knows what that Batman costume will look like.
I don't know where you heard that they're rebooting Batman BECAUSE of a desire to incorporate all of the characters into a shared universe. I can tell you that at this moment, that's 100% not the plan. Nolan is going to continue to shepherd along the Batman franchise after he's moved on, and that will mean continuing to keep his universe separate (albeit, rebooted, as you've said). You won't see winks or nods in Man of Steel to any other franchises, just like you didn't see the Clark Kent cameo in Green Lantern.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #82
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, there's no point, whatsoever, to having a belt around your waist unless it is attached to something. The trunks had belt loops. That's what I'm saying. If you lose the trunks, the belt looks silly by itself.
Looks less silly then red undies.....with or without the belt.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #83
KyleDW2
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, the belt doesn't have to be a belt. It could just be the top of the pants.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #84
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I actually really like the redesign because they kept it simple with red and blue and don't have three colours all over the costume except the yellow in the symbol. I can't honestly say any of the redesigns done on here are better then Lee's version.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #85
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I actually really like the redesign because they kept it simple with red and blue and don't have three colours all over the costume except the yellow in the symbol. I can't honestly say any of the redesigns done on here are better then Lee's version.

My only problem with Lee's new Superman suit design is the high turtleneck collar. I'm hoping Snyder and his costume designer do not add a high turtleneck collar on the suit in MOS.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #86
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
I don't know where you heard that they're rebooting Batman BECAUSE of a desire to incorporate all of the characters into a shared universe. I can tell you that at this moment, that's 100% not the plan. Nolan is going to continue to shepherd along the Batman franchise after he's moved on, and that will mean continuing to keep his universe separate (albeit, rebooted, as you've said). You won't see winks or nods in Man of Steel to any other franchises, just like you didn't see the Clark Kent cameo in Green Lantern.
Justice League?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #87
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepharih View Post
Looks less silly then red undies.....with or without the belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein
I try to keep myself from posting in this thread because there's no point in trying to reason with a brick wall.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #88
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Belt doesn't hold anything and has as much utility as a cape. In the end, both elements are there for a reason: they look good, but they don't necessarily have a practical function.

Captain Marvel has a belt and no trunks. No one seems to have been bothered by that.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #89
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Captain Marvel has a belt and no trunks. No one seems to have been bothered by that.
Captain Marvel wears a sash, not a belt, which fits in with his whole Egyptian/Persian scheme.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #90
GreenKToo
In the fire

It's gonna be CRAZY in here when the suit is revealed. I am honestly afraid to even guess which way they'll go with it. flip a coin.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #91
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Alien fashions may just like belts not holding anything.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #92
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Alien fashions may just like belts not holding anything.

And trunks.

-End-

Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #93
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
Quote:
I try to keep myself from posting in this thread because there's no point in trying to reason with a brick wall.
Meh, makes about as much sense to me as just about anything else people spend time on the internet for, and I'll kill myself before I boot up farmville.

Quote:
Captain Marvel wears a sash, not a belt, which fits in with his whole Egyptian/Persian scheme.
I'm pretty sure his point still stands. It serves no practical function...it's just there, for aesthetic reasons. Asking for practicality on the superman design is asking for trouble in the first place if you ask me. I don't care what the practical purpose is of the undies....they only exist to break up the blue of the suit.
Thick red belt does the same thing, while looking much much less silly.
Clear winner in my book.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #94
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Have any other super hero movies had trunks in the past 10 years? I can't think of any. Superman would be the only one still having trunks, though most superheros have had trunks at one point or another.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #95
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I always thought they would go classic classic classic with this next design, but it wouldn't surprise me to see an even more modern take on the suit. Similar material to the Superman Returns/Spider-Man Suits maybe even more design elements. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #96
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post

simple change that's all and it makes it way better
i like this concept the most. with an all-red belt, there's just too much RED going on. however, if you make the entire belt yellow/gold, it's TOO much, so having the center yellow and the rest red gives it a nice balance. kudos!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #97
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

For me, if there is a blue suit, with the familiar Superman logo, a red cape, with red boots...that is Superman to me. Everything else is just window dressing.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #98
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Have any other super hero movies had trunks in the past 10 years? I can't think of any. Superman would be the only one still having trunks, though most superheros have had trunks at one point or another.
A lot of them had them at one point or another...but most of them abandoned them years ago in the comics...let alone the movies. Until recently, supes and bats have essentially been the only remaining mainstream heroes I can think of carrying that flag....

Aside from Superman and....sort of....Watchmen, the last movie I can think of that had that look was The Phantom....but I'm probably missing one.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #99
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
My only problem with Lee's new Superman suit design is the high turtleneck collar. I'm hoping Snyder and his costume designer do not add a high turtleneck collar on the suit in MOS.
I can see why they did the high collar though because the open collar is problematic when you tuck a cape in the back. The higher collar looks cleaner to me at least. One thing that would be interesting to find out is if DC has gotten the chance to look at the movie costume because at this point they are either finalizing the look or have already chosen the design to go with.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #100
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
And trunks.

-End-
Except the lawsuit negates use of trunks and a yellow belt. Any other colored belt is fine.

-True End-

Closed Thread