The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Default Was "Que" Supposed to be "Kup"?

During the movie, I kept thinking that Bay and Company had mispronounced Kup's name as "Coop". I've also read here where Kup's character was cut out of the movie. Why make up this new Que robot when Kup would've been the right fit?

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Was "Que" Supposed to be "Kup"?

Q was supposed to be Wheeljack. I think Jetfire at one point was supposed to be Kup in ROTF but I could be wrong on that one.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

It's funny how easily they throw around these name changes. Frenzy was going to be Soundwave, the tank was named Brawl on the toy but Devestator in the movie. They don't have Transformer characters, they have random robots that they just plug names onto.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, Sentinel is labeled as Ultra Magnus in early artwork and Roadbuster as Warpath.

Someone mentioned Q is credited as Q/Wheeljack in the credits. Anyone confirm that? Would have liked to have seen a cloaking ability on Dino/Mirage. The games,novels and comic adaptations all included that.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

I am somewhat amazed that Wheeljack wasn't included. He was a main staple in the original G1 series.

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
D Rock
Side-Kick

I didn't know designing robots/naming them were so hard. But Bay makes it seem so.

Scrap the Bay twins. Make Sideswipe a red vette/ferrari and add Sunstreaker as a yellow sports car. Having done that there would be no Dino or Mirage or whatever. Then we have the real twins of Transformers lore! haha

Last edited by D Rock; 07-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.
D Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

The think that I hate is that they introduce these new TF's without any explanation whatsoever, yeah I know the novelization probably has more details but nobody reads books anymore, SHEESH!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
It's funny how easily they throw around these name changes. Frenzy was going to be Soundwave, the tank was named Brawl on the toy but Devestator in the movie. They don't have Transformer characters, they have random robots that they just plug names onto.
But many times I look up a Transformer's character on wiki I see "Name is the name of several fictional characters in the Transformers series."

It's kind of a core issue, but you're right. The films have included/created many robots to fit their plots and then plugged in names afterwards. It's disappointing.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Q was supposed to be Wheeljack. I think Jetfire at one point was supposed to be Kup in ROTF but I could be wrong on that one.
I think that's true. It would've been much better. Jetfire could still be there but younger.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Sideswipe91

Q is more or less Wheeljack, not Kup besides being 'old'

Sideswipe91 is offline   Reply With Quote