Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #26
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
I don't know much about Thor's rogues gallery but I eventually want to see Surtur and the Twilight sword. He looks like a bad MFer.
A guy who can go toe a toe (and kill) Odin definitely is a bad MFer.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #27
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Still tho I don't see Surtur until Thor 3 maybe even ending credits to Thor 2 depending on what is going on in Avengers.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #28
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If I'm not mistaken, in regards to Jane Foster, doesn't Thor end up bringing Jane to Asgard in order to get Odin's approval, which ends up with Odin testing her to see if she's worthy of her son?

They could always go for that, and seeing as how Jane is interested in outer worlds/dimensions in this interpretation of her, it would make sense if she wanted to visit Asgard on a professional level as well.

I really do hope that Natalie Portman returns to reprise her role. I'm tired of seeing Major recasts happen. Plus, I can't nor wish to see anyone else play that role than her.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #29
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Jane was giving powers at one time. I think also Shared the same space with Sif

....to every King.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #30
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Jane was giving powers at one time. I think also Shared the same space with Sif
Makes you wonder if they'll go for a triangle route in the second film? I mean given that Thor ends up with Sif in the comics, traditionally, Thor will eventually end up with her in the film unless something strange happens.lol

In any case, I hope that they go for a Siege of Asgard plot for the next film, since I'd like to see Asgard be put into danger in order to up the scale. They could really pull some great visuals, similar to LOTR, and it would explain as to why the rest of the Avengers wouldn't be able to be there somewhat.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #31
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah that one Sif/Jane story would be interesting to say the least. Thing is would they go that route even with Thor not sharing space with Blake?

I don't see Siege working in the Movie-verse yet. I think that would have to be at least Thor 10 lol.
There's alot of Thor story to cover between now and then in other words.

....to every King.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I always wanted Jane to become Valkyrie. I thought it would have been a strange twist.

....to every King.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #33
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Am I the only one who thinks Malekith is more interesting as a villain? Don't get me wrong, E+E are great villains too, but Malekith has a more interesting motivation and is visually way more exciting.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #34
Gamma Burst
Banned User

The possibility to see the dark elves already makes Malekith very interesting.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #35
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I can see a sub plot somewhere through Thor 2 leading to a Ragnarok in Thor 3 where past enemies of Asgard and the Universe are building somewhere.

....to every King.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #36
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
I can see a sub plot somewhere through Thor 2 leading to a Ragnarok in Thor 3 where past enemies of Asgard and the Universe are building somewhere.
That would be a dream come true.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #37
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well it CAN start with the Frost Giants too. I mean look what Loki's acts had done to Jontunheim.

....to every King.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #38
ThorThunderGod
Side-Kick

I don't know about you guys, but I really want a Ragnarok story told in two movies. Maybe the main part of Thor 2 is about Malekith, Enchantress, Executioner, Ulik and a few others trying to start Ragnarok, Thor and company preventing their plan, then at the end credits it is revealed that it was just a part of a grander scheme to bring about the end of Asgard where Loki and Hela were actually the ones who were the masterminds behind it, and they successfully bring out Surtur. Then Thor3 can be about stopping Surtur, Hela and Loki, and ending with Thor finally back on Earth with Jane but forever out of Asgard. Which would complete his "origin" story on how he becomes Earth's mightiest protector.

Yes, I know at the end of Thor we see Thor longing for Jane, but Natalie Portman wasn't too well received by fans, and she seem to want to take a break from acting anyways to concentrate on being a mother, so this works out for everybody. She can have a nice meaty part at Thor3 (hopefully) and if possible Thor 4, to fulfill her 3 movie deal with Marvel.

And Marvel, please, no matter what, please NO BETA RAY BILL. We haven't seen enough of Thor's origin yet, we do not want another character stealing Thor's thunder. Maybe in the 8th Thor movie? Haha

Last edited by ThorThunderGod; 07-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #39
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well if Thor gets popular enough through Avengers and Thor 2 maybe they'll think about a 3rd an 4th movie?

....to every King.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #40
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, in regards to Jane Foster, doesn't Thor end up bringing Jane to Asgard in order to get Odin's approval, which ends up with Odin testing her to see if she's worthy of her son?

They could always go for that, and seeing as how Jane is interested in outer worlds/dimensions in this interpretation of her, it would make sense if she wanted to visit Asgard on a professional level as well.

I really do hope that Natalie Portman returns to reprise her role. I'm tired of seeing Major recasts happen. Plus, I can't nor wish to see anyone else play that role than her.
It would have to be written differently. This Odin seems wise rather than deceptive for a start. Also, you really can't take the leading lady and insult her and screw her over like Stan did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorThunderGod View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I really want a Ragnarok story told in two movies. Maybe the main part of Thor 2 is about Malekith, Enchantress, Executioner, Ulik and a few others trying to start Ragnarok, Thor and company preventing their plan, then at the end credits it is revealed that it was just a part of a grander scheme to bring about the end of Asgard where Loki and Hela were actually the ones who were the masterminds behind it, and they successfully bring out Surtur. Then Thor3 can be about stopping Surtur, Hela and Loki, and ending with Thor finally back on Earth with Jane but forever out of Asgard. Which would complete his "origin" story on how he becomes Earth's mightiest protector.

Yes, I know at the end of Thor we see Thor longing for Jane, but Natalie Portman wasn't too well received by fans, and she seem to want to take a break from acting anyways to concentrate on being a mother, so this works out for everybody. She can have a nice meaty part at Thor3 (hopefully) and if possible Thor 4, to fulfill her 3 movie deal with Marvel.

And Marvel, please, no matter what, please NO BETA RAY BILL. We haven't seen enough of Thor's origin yet, we do not want another character stealing Thor's thunder. Maybe in the 8th Thor movie? Haha
What fans were those? Plenty consider her one of the best parts of the movie plus she was the only female character given any depth.

Quote:
I always wanted Jane to become Valkyrie. I thought it would have been a strange twist.
I kind of want Ultimate Jane to take Thor's old Braddock stuff and become Thordis. Heck, I just want Marvel to make an effort with her for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Makes you wonder if they'll go for a triangle route in the second film? I mean given that Thor ends up with Sif in the comics, traditionally, Thor will eventually end up with her in the film unless something strange happens.lol

In any case, I hope that they go for a Siege of Asgard plot for the next film, since I'd like to see Asgard be put into danger in order to up the scale. They could really pull some great visuals, similar to LOTR, and it would explain as to why the rest of the Avengers wouldn't be able to be there somewhat.
Thor hasn't ended up with anyone. I'd say that if Nat is still around the chances of Sif getting Thor are about as low as the chances of Happy getting Pepper.

Why am I sticking up for Jane so much? LOL
I never did like the idea that the Doctor/Nurse wasn't good enough for a god.

Last edited by 04nbod; 07-11-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 AM   #41
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It would have to be written differently. This Odin seems wise rather than deceptive for a start. Also, you really can't take the leading lady and insult her and screw her over like Stan did.

What fans were those? Plenty consider her one of the best parts of the movie plus she was the only female character given any depth.

I kind of want Ultimate Jane to take Thor's old Braddock stuff and become Thordis. Heck, I just want Marvel to make an effort with her for once.
Are you talking about that machinery that simulated Thor's powers?

Old 07-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #42
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Are you talking about that machinery that simulated Thor's powers?
The belt and the huge hammer. He doesn't need that stuff now.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #43
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
The belt and the huge hammer. He doesn't need that stuff now.
Yeah, I know. Now he's the real deal.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #44
sgaana
Side-Kick

The idea of a storyline from Thor 2 bridging over to Thor 3 (like a Ragnarok storyline that's "act one" in Thor 2, with a half-resolution leading to "act two" in Thor 3) is really interesting. It would feel a bit like a real trilogy -- similar perhaps to the "downer" ending of an ESB (which proved you can have a downer ending and still tremendously excite fans and the public to come back to see how it's resolved).

But, the thing that makes me think they wouldn't do that is... doesn't it seem likely that between Thor 2, and any possible Thor 3, there's doing to be an Avengers 2?

Yeah, okay, counting chickens. Call me optimistic. But if Avengers is big enough, and it should be, then it gets a sequel; and it just seems like we are likely to see A2 before we see T3.

To keep from confusing the general audience, I'd think that Thor 2 has to wrap up its story enough so that Thor's appearance with the Avengers in A2 doesn't seem weird.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #45
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Yes, I think we'll se an Avengers 2 before a Thor 3.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I hope we get some reference to Loki being either locked up or fleeing in this film - Thor or/and Odin feeling bad, concerned etc.

Enchantress and Executioner please Marvel.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #47
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

I'm a little worried because we're basically going to get 3 THOR's in 3 years, back-to-back-to-back.

Thor - 2011
Avengers - 2012
Thor 2 - 2013

It's almost like the Saw horror film series, which basically comes out with a sequel every year.

I think waiting 2-3 years for a sequel is better planning, plus it gives the audience more anticipation.

THOR 2 almost seems like they're rushing this film and maybe similar to Iron Man 2 - a good enjoyable film, but unlike the first Iron Man, it was a movie that felt like "it had to be made" i.e. Toy Story 2, or Cars 2.

If anything, I think a HULK 2 was more overdue than a THOR 2 film.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #48
Gamma Burst
Banned User

The more Thor, the better.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #49
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I think Enchantress and Executioner are good villains for the sequel, along with Loki pulling strings and causing havoc in the background. Since they still have other supporting characters like Sif and the Warriors Three, they should keep the number of new characters at a minimal and not go overboard with it like X3 and Spider-man 3 did. I think Jane should also return as a love interest, because without her it'd make Thor's longing for her at the end of the movie rather meaningless.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #50
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
I'm a little worried because we're basically going to get 3 THOR's in 3 years, back-to-back-to-back.

Thor - 2011
Avengers - 2012
Thor 2 - 2013

It's almost like the Saw horror film series, which basically comes out with a sequel every year.

I think waiting 2-3 years for a sequel is better planning, plus it gives the audience more anticipation.

THOR 2 almost seems like they're rushing this film and maybe similar to Iron Man 2 - a good enjoyable film, but unlike the first Iron Man, it was a movie that felt like "it had to be made" i.e. Toy Story 2, or Cars 2.

If anything, I think a HULK 2 was more overdue than a THOR 2 film.
Probably has something with Contracts the stars signed that they're trying to get these out so close together.
I agree tho there should be a Hulk 2, but I bet they want to wait since even tho the other Hulk film wasn't Marvel's Hulk I bet they want it to cool off a bit.

....to every King.

Closed Thread