Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #51
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I think Enchantress and Executioner are good villains for the sequel, along with Loki pulling strings and causing havoc in the background. Since they still have other supporting characters like Sif and the Warriors Three, they should keep the number of new characters at a minimal and not go overboard with it like X3 and Spider-man 3 did. I think Jane should also return as a love interest, because without her it'd make Thor's longing for her at the end of the movie rather meaningless.
In a way I hope that one news article in the Times about Warriors III maybe getting a spin off happens. That way if they aren't need in Thor 2 they're kept in the public's eye.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #52
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I could totally see them starring in one of these, "Marvel One-Shot"s they're doing for the Blu-Rays (not a big SFX-driven one obviously though).

Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

One thing that they could play with in this film, is something that I just saw in Avengers: EMH's, where Thor is torn between his devotion towards serving Asgard and protecting Earth. He could ultimately be given the ultimatum on having to choose as to which realm his allegiances lay with completely by Odin or someone else.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 AM   #54
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I really hope that's touched on somewhat in Avengers with Loki trying to get Thor to distrust Odin in someway, so Loki can do his "thing" in Avenegers but that feeling carries over into Thor2.

....to every King.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #55
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
In a way I hope that one news article in the Times about Warriors III maybe getting a spin off happens. That way if they aren't need in Thor 2 they're kept in the public's eye.
The Warriors Three are the only supporting character so far that I think could support their own movie. They are one of the highlights of Thor's entire canon.

Come to think of it, I like the original parts of Thor's canon way more than any adapted myth character outside Thor himself. hmmm...

Old 07-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #56
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I really hope that's touched on somewhat in Avengers with Loki trying to get Thor to distrust Odin in someway, so Loki can do his "thing" in Avenegers but that feeling carries over into Thor2.
Heck, Loki could create further tension between the two if he gets Thor to believe that Odin's style of parenting is what led to the tragedy in Loki's decent to madness.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
sgaana
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Heck, Loki could create further tension between the two if he gets Thor to believe that Odin's style of parenting is what led to the tragedy in Loki's decent to madness.
Well... I'm still not sure if we are sure (from the way the Thor film ended) whether Loki's parentage is known by anyone outside of Odin and Frigga. During the big Thor-Loki fight, Loki denied that Thor was his brother, but didn't exactly explain what he meant, right?

So I'm not sure if we know whether, after Loki's disappearance, Odin sat Thor down and told him the whole background... or whether Odin and Frigga decide to keep it all secret (as far as they're concerned, Loki's dead, so why tell everybody that he was actually Laufey's son?).

At any rate, my point is -- Thor has always come across as extremely honest and without artifice. That contrasts with Loki, of course, but it also contrasts with Odin, who himself (both in comics and in myth) is a bit of a trickster and manipulator. The whole situation with raising Loki is basically a long series of lies that Odin is willing to tell (and Frigga is willing to support him in telling), and it meant lying to Thor and all of Asgard, as well as to Loki.

So... yeah. It would be interesting to see Thor confronted with the proof that his own father lied to him about his brother's identity all those years.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #58
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

^lol

Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #59
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaana View Post
Well... I'm still not sure if we are sure (from the way the Thor film ended) whether Loki's parentage is known by anyone outside of Odin and Frigga. During the big Thor-Loki fight, Loki denied that Thor was his brother, but didn't exactly explain what he meant, right?

So I'm not sure if we know whether, after Loki's disappearance, Odin sat Thor down and told him the whole background... or whether Odin and Frigga decide to keep it all secret (as far as they're concerned, Loki's dead, so why tell everybody that he was actually Laufey's son?).

At any rate, my point is -- Thor has always come across as extremely honest and without artifice. That contrasts with Loki, of course, but it also contrasts with Odin, who himself (both in comics and in myth) is a bit of a trickster and manipulator. The whole situation with raising Loki is basically a long series of lies that Odin is willing to tell (and Frigga is willing to support him in telling), and it meant lying to Thor and all of Asgard, as well as to Loki.

So... yeah. It would be interesting to see Thor confronted with the proof that his own father lied to him about his brother's identity all those years.
Well I wish Frigga's scenes weren't cut, because it helps convey that she understands Odin more than most. I mean there IS one scene she says that there's a reason for everything he does but that's 3/4 the way through the film.
I mean we as fans understand Odin isn't always the most honest when it comes to things he does. Sure they're for the common good but he tends to avoid explaining anything. To Loki I can see where that would upset him, (it would me too) but being kept in the dark so long without any clue seems almost selfish on Odin's part even if he meant all the good to come from the plan.

In a way I see Loki's points in Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Odin SEEMS to lie but in reality he just avoids explaining his actions because he is after all the All Father, why would he need to explain anything?

I can see Loki bringing this point up maybe in Avengers to try to cause doubt between Thor and Odin, but how it continues in Thor 2 is something else.
I See Loki being banished as he was in Earth's mightiest Heroes during Avengers and then acting through Amora and Skurge in Thor2 hopefully with help from Ulik or Malekith.

....to every King.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #60
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I can see Loki bringing this point up maybe in Avengers to try to cause doubt between Thor and Odin, but how it continues in Thor 2 is something else.
Definatley, this could be the premise for Thor 2 after being brought up in the Avengers.

Quote:
I See Loki being banished as he was in Earth's mightiest Heroes during Avengers and then acting through Amora and Skurge in Thor2 hopefully with help from Ulik or Malekith.
I'd love to see this, if they do this then Loki could still have a major role in the plot without actually be physically present. It would also give more weight Enchantress and Executioner's roles in the film as well as expanded on the different realms by including Malekith, Kurse, or Ulik.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #61
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well I wish Frigga's scenes weren't cut, because it helps convey that she understands Odin more than most. I mean there IS one scene she says that there's a reason for everything he does but that's 3/4 the way through the film.
I mean we as fans understand Odin isn't always the most honest when it comes to things he does. Sure they're for the common good but he tends to avoid explaining anything. To Loki I can see where that would upset him, (it would me too) but being kept in the dark so long without any clue seems almost selfish on Odin's part even if he meant all the good to come from the plan.

In a way I see Loki's points in Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Odin SEEMS to lie but in reality he just avoids explaining his actions because he is after all the All Father, why would he need to explain anything?

I think Odin's hypocracy was shown in Thor, but I do get the impression in the film what he is doing is for the best of Asgard. His negotiation with Laffey gave us that, and showed he is thinking about Asgard as a whole, not out of bloodlust and manipulation. I can't say for sure how needed the deleted scenes from Thor were to the film until I see them. Often times, I can see why certain scenes in the deleted material were cut.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #62
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Odin's hypocracy was shown in Thor, but I do get the impression in the film what he is doing is for the best of Asgard. His negotiation with Laffey gave us that, and showed he is thinking about Asgard as a whole, not out of bloodlust and manipulation. I can't say for sure how needed the deleted scenes from Thor were to the film until I see them. Often times, I can see why certain scenes in the deleted material were cut.
Well there was scene with Frigga that was cut that I think would have helped also show his love for his mother just a bit more in the scene where Loki comes to Thor to tell Thor he wasn't wanted back. Another with Frigga between Odin and Frigga would have helped too.

I just hope these scenes are all on the DVD so I can view them IN the film on my laptop. If I had an S video Cable I could also watch on my tv lol

....to every King.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #63
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well there was scene with Frigga that was cut that I think would have helped also show his love for his mother just a bit more in the scene where Loki comes to Thor to tell Thor he wasn't wanted back. Another with Frigga between Odin and Frigga would have helped too.

I just hope these scenes are all on the DVD so I can view them IN the film on my laptop. If I had an S video Cable I could also watch on my tv lol
I think the affection for his mother was evident in the coronation scene. Plus, she seemed to care for Thor in the scene Loki talks to her while Odin sleeps. That scene may help though. Like I said, I can't really judge til we see the scenes. Loki's coronation is the one I am eying as probably should have been in the movie.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #64
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think the affection for his mother was evident in the coronation scene. Plus, she seemed to care for Thor in the scene Loki talks to her while Odin sleeps. That scene may help though. Like I said, I can't really judge til we see the scenes. Loki's coronation is the one I am eying as probably should have been in the movie.
I can't wait to see these cut scenes.
at this second I can't recall if there was actual footage of banter between Warriors III just before they toss Volstagg that was in the script that was funny I'm hoping is in the cut scene, but Volstagg suggests tossing him and Hogun and Fandral gripe a bit before agreeing lol

....to every King.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #65
marcvader
Lurker #1

I wish studios would give is a cut of the films with the deleted scenes in them as apposed to having them separate. It would also be cool to have the ability to select or unselect the deleted scenes you want to be included.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #66
superotherside
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Good ideas!
agree that would be awesome... but I'd like a big battle for Asgard or something in it too sort of like Lord of the Rings style...

Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #67
superotherside
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
I too would love to see Amora the Enchantress & Skurge the Executioner.

I think the core of the story should be THOR's developing love for Jane Foster, played against Odin's disapproval of his son's romantic involvement with a mortal Earth woman.

That theme of parent's disapproval of a child's relationship is a strongle relatable for the GA.

Get Enchantress in as an Asgardian woman whom he would prefer THOR be with but doesn't realise is she is nefarious. Have her persual of THOR play in to an ulterior motive, e.g., the release of an Asgardian prisoner of tremendous power such as Fafnir.

Obviously this concept needs more developement.
that sounds awesome but I'd like a battle for Asgard at the end which has a sort of Lord of the Rings style to it

^^^
sorry for above post this is what I meant to say and I don't know how to delete a post

Last edited by superotherside; 07-13-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: explaining something
Old 07-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #68
comics256
Newbie First Class

This is how I would like it to be:

THOR 2/ HEART AND WAR - 2014
Thor and Jane are living on New York, Jane finds out she is pregnant. Odin prepares a celebration for them but Enchantress sends The Executioner to attack Thor while she kidnaps Jane, but she battles Sif. Jane stabs Amora in the back only to find out she is Sif and that Sif is Amora in disguise. Amora donīt let anybody know she was involved so that she and Thor search for them in the Nine Realms along with Balder (Thorīs brother who was in Muspelheim during the first movie) and The Warriors Three. They visit Svartalheim and battle a group of Dark Elves (Algrim is present but unnamed)lead by Malekith. Malekith blackmails Amora, she manipulates Balder to kill him. One of the Dark Elves tells them that the exilated Giants live in Niffelheim, so they go there. Amora manages to kiss Thor before their confront with Skurge, The Executioner, when Thor defeats him and he sees that Amora will just let him die he tells Thor that she was behind it all. Amora battles Thor and The Warriors Three with the help of the controlled Balder. Volstagg and Fandral find Jane and Sif, they ran away from their prision. Enchantress is about to be defeated when she grabs Jane and opens a wormhole, they go to Muspelheim. Thor scream for Heimdall teleport him to where they are, but nothing happens. Balder is fainted and the Warriors Three are hurt, Sif is about to die. Loki appears to them and teleport them all to Asgard, he have a talk to Thor. He tells him that Amora should be stoped, because she will never rest until Thor is hers. Thor asks Loki why he is helping him and the Trickster tells him that if Thor will live forever in misery it will be because of him. Thor teleports himself to Muspelheim with the help of Loki, he battles an army of demons until he finds Amora and Jane. He tells Amora that he loves her and he wants to be with her, Amora believes him and they share a kiss. To make sure they wont be disturbed she creates a spear and stabs Jane in the stomach. Thor is furious ,he attacks Amora until she is almost dead.She falls into a vulcano and he come back to Asgard along with Jane. There she is healed but the baby is dead, Odin tells Thor to hold it, he will be fine. Thor comes back to Earth and decides that he wont ever be back to Asgard, Balder asks him to reconsider but he denies. Odin send a Valkyrie called Brunhilde to stay in Earth and make sure that Thor donīt do anything stupid. Loki materializes himself in Odinīs chamber when his father is alone. Loki tells Odin that he deserves now the throne of Asgard. Odin tells him that he is not the only Asgardian that knows how to lie. Loki is back to a pocked dimension called Isle of Silence.
AFTER CREDITS : Enchantress shows herself alive and manages to get to Midgard. She meets with Samuel Sterns (the Leader).

THOR 3 / THE TWILIGHT OF ASGARDIANS – 2018
Loki leads an attack on Asgard with the aid of Kurse (one of the dark elves from the first movie) ,Ulik (king of trolls) and Fenris. Odin knows that Loki will bring the Ragnarok to them , so hprepare an army. Thor learns about the war and travels to Asgard. He is emprisionated by Loki, who is now the king of Asgard. The movie is made in four point of views : Odinīs, Thorīs, Lokiīs and Balderīs. Loki plans to kill Balder and Thor in the front of the Asgardians. The Warriors Three are trapped in an Island in Muspelheim. Sif managed to scape to Earth and Heimdall was blinded by Kurse. Thor sets himself free, he manage to set Balder free. Loki battle his brothers but he is defeated. Kurse manages to kill Balder before thor could smash him with his hammer. When Thorīs hammer and Ulikīs fist are hitted by each other a huge explosion happens and Asgard is destroyed. Odin makes a deal with Hela, and prevents the death of the Asgardians, but Asgard canīt be saved. In change he will give her his soul. Thor falls in Earth as he did in the first movie , he meet Sif and Jane. The others Asgardians are seeing inside human bodies, once a person looks at the mirror it reflects the Asgardian inside. Thor is in morn for his kind.
AFTER CREDITS : Amora smiles to find a human whose Loki is inside.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #69
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

well i would most like to see thor with helmet for the sequel. i would also like to see him in space flying around. i think the best thing is to delve deeper into the other realms. really showcase the worlds of thor.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 AM   #70
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
well i would most like to see thor with helmet for the sequel. i would also like to see him in space flying around. i think the best thing is to delve deeper into the other realms. really showcase the worlds of thor.
This

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #71
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

Do you think if cap underperforms this weekend Marvel will move Thor 2 to May 2014?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #72
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think they'd move Thor 2 because of Cap's B.O.

....to every King.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #73
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
Do you think if cap underperforms this weekend Marvel will move Thor 2 to May 2014?
Why would they do it?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #74
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

I really hope they do. It's looking like Thor will be the most successful CBM of 2011 and it's release date had a lot to do with that.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #75
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Maybe, but we don't know how July 2013 will compare to May 2014. The last date could very well be much crowded than the first.

Closed Thread