The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #101
Flemm
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers

I do think it's possible that Thor might already be back on earth at the beginning of Avengers. For one thing, that's just a convenient way of streamlining the plot. For another, I can't help but think Whedon will want to do a version of that hilarious scene in Ultimates where Fury goes to recruit Thor and Thor initially tells him to shove it where it the sun don't shine

Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #102
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
Has anyone thought that Thor II may take place BEFORE Avengers chronologically? While he is still stranded in Asgard, and maybe explain how he got back? Or at least flesh it out better.

I don't think this is the most likely scenario but its a possibility I thought of. If so then Loki wouldn't be the villain in any way really. It would be a good time to introduce Amora. They also might detail further what leads up to Loki's return. Maybe Amora helped find him.
This is a good idea, that would be a good way to introduce Amora AND Skurge.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #103
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I think Thor 2 will take place after Avengers. I don't see it coming before. I actually can see Thor 2
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
maybe leading into Cap 2 by releasing the Red Skull back to Earth.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Thor 2 will take place after Avengers. I don't see it coming before. I actually can see Thor 2
maybe leading into Cap 2 by releasing the Red Skull back to Earth.
Which will result in the following exchange between Thor and CA in Avengers 2:

Steve: First you guys are responsible for having that cursed Cosmic Cube on Earth, and now you send one of its craziest and most evilest beings of all time back there as well? Are you guys CRAZY?!

Thor: Thou blame the father....

Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #105
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I guess that's a chance, but it'd be a whole year AFTER Avengers to do that.
I'm sure it'll be Thor, Avengers and Thor 2 story wise tho.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #106
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
I do think it's possible that Thor might already be back on earth at the beginning of Avengers. For one thing, that's just a convenient way of streamlining the plot. For another, I can't help but think Whedon will want to do a version of that hilarious scene in Ultimates where Fury goes to recruit Thor and Thor initially tells him to shove it where it the sun don't shine
That would be odd, given that Thor said they could call on him and he'd be there in his own movie.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #107
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Hey Corp, do you have that new issue of The Mighty Thor where he fights Silver Surfer while Galactus is invading Asgard?

How did the fight go?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #108
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Pretty damn well for Thor. I won't spoil it, though. You should definitely read it.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #109
steintym
Stay Frosty

Just for the continuity of things, Thor 2 should really come after The Avengers. As it is, the storyline is starting to get a bit confusing. Start moving things like Thor 2 before The Avengers and things really get odd.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #110
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Pretty damn well for Thor. I won't spoil it, though. You should definitely read it.
It was awesome indeed. This is one badass Thor.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #111
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Quote:
That would be odd, given that Thor said they could call on him and he'd be there in his own movie.
Yeah, and that would seem like Thor hadn't changed after all, like why would he bother helping mere mortals, be gone.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #112
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Chris Hemsowrth Shares Thoughts On Kenneth Branagh Passing On THOR Sequel!

http://www.**************.com/fansit...news/?a=43099#

Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #113
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
Just for the continuity of things, Thor 2 should really come after The Avengers. As it is, the storyline is starting to get a bit confusing. Start moving things like Thor 2 before The Avengers and things really get odd.
It should be some time after The Avengers. Show that he's been on Earth for a while.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It should be some time after The Avengers. Show that he's been on Earth for a while.
Unless he's reunited with Jane somehow in the Avengers, I would think that they would have him returning to see her right away after the events of that film, which is likely a key event that they want to highlight and show happening on screen, thus making it kind of hard to use the option of Thor 2 happening awhile after the Avengers.

Course, if they have the reunion scene first and flash forward into a couple of weeks/months into the future, that could work.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #115
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Well I think they should do that in The Avengers and open up Thor 2 with him as an established hero. This would also give more breathing room for the relationship to expand believably when he's known her more than a week.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #116
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I still think she'll be involved with bringing Thor back to Earth for Avengers, so I suspect Thor 2 will open with Thor and Jane more cemented as a couple.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well I think they should do that in The Avengers and open up Thor 2 with him as an established hero. This would also give more breathing room for the relationship to expand believably when he's known her more than a week.
Quote:
I still think she'll be involved with bringing Thor back to Earth for Avengers, so I suspect Thor 2 will open with Thor and Jane more cemented as a couple.
The thing is though, there’s only so little that they would be able to do with evolving the Thor and Jane relationship in the Avengers since as it stands right now, Natalie Portman is not slated to appear in the film at all. I even read an article of her confirming that she’s not in the film. She did say in that same article that she’d be interested in further exploring the relationship since she knows that the relationship was cut short before it could ever blossom.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #118
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

I'm sure Thor will return to Earth on his own power. I guess they could just say there's so much s*** going on in Avengers he couldn't spend any time with Jane and we'll see her again in Thor 2.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #119
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWhirlwind View Post
I'm sure Thor will return to Earth on his own power. I guess they could just say there's so much s*** going on in Avengers he couldn't spend any time with Jane and we'll see her again in Thor 2.
I guess it could be part of the ending. They leave Shield & then Tony introduces them to the Mansion & then everyone with a love one goes to see them. Something of a happy type ending for these guys

Old 07-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #120
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I guess it could be part of the ending. They leave Shield & then Tony introduces them to the Mansion & then everyone with a love one goes to see them. Something of a happy type ending for these guys
Problem is that only Steve would be the only one that wouldn't have a happy ending in that scenario since his gf is likely dead or extremely very old.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #121
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The thing is though, there’s only so little that they would be able to do with evolving the Thor and Jane relationship in the Avengers since as it stands right now, Natalie Portman is not slated to appear in the film at all. I even read an article of her confirming that she’s not in the film. She did say in that same article that she’d be interested in further exploring the relationship since she knows that the relationship was cut short before it could ever blossom.
That was said at comic-con 2010, it may have changed. If she is there I doubt it will be filmed before pick ups anyway to give her time to lose her baby weight.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #122
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Problem is that only Steve would be the only one that wouldn't have a happy ending in that scenario since his gf is likely dead or extremely very old.
Well that comes with the territory for being frozen But I guess they could show some scenes throughout the movie with Steve & that Amanda Righetti chick & they get close by the end of the movie ?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #123
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
That was said at comic-con 2010, it may have changed. If she is there I doubt it will be filmed before pick ups anyway to give her time to lose her baby weight.
The interview that I was talking about had taken place not long after the premiere of Thor I believe. Plus, it won't be cheap to get her to cameo and that would be assuming that MARVEL is interested in spending that much money for her cameo, let alone if Josh Whedon feels that it's necessary to have her in the story; not to mention if Portman was even interested.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #124
Donut
Side-Kick

With Thor being new to dating Earth girls someone like Tony could make a joke about Thor getting in trouble with Jane if he does not see her. Agent Coulson could say something to Thor in front of Tony like

Agent Coulson - So now that your back are you going to go see & Jane & let her know what happened ?

Tony - Jane ?

Agent Coulson - His girl

Tony - You get back on Earth & the first thing you do was not let your girl know ?

Thor - Is that a bad thing ?

Tony - Let me tell you something about Earth women. You may be able to defeat the biggest & baddest bad guy of them all but Earth woman are the one thing that can kill you if you piss them off (or something like that)

Thor - Looks at Steve worried

Steve - Hey don't look at me I have been frozen for 70 years

Last edited by Donut; 07-29-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #125
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well like I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I hope Thor will be the FIRST MCU Franchise that doesn't end up recasting a MAJOR character from its franchise like we've seen done with 'Iron Man' and 'The Hulk'.

Not only does it really take me out of the focus of the continuity from the franchise, but it's harder to root for the same character when you're so used to seeing someone else play that character at first.

Be that as it may, IF there is a recasting done, I really hope that it DOESN'T happen for the roles of Odin, Jane, or Sif (though I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about Jamie Alexander going anywhere).

Really, the only cat members that I would think that it wouldn't be set in stone to get them back for the sequel would be Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, and Renee Russo since they're all big stars, and didn't the first two mainly join on because of Kenneth's attachment as director to this film? Too bad that Marvel Studios can't just sign on all of the important characters for sequels when making the first film in order to ensure that they'll be able to return for the next installment as well.

Closed Thread