The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #26
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

We need to get these people in our game

Students create Jedi-bot

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

OK folks....let's get those apps in

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #28
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Working on it. I've got posts to write for all my games since I got back from vacation. It'll at least be up by the weekend.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #29
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Working on it. I've got posts to write for all my games since I got back from vacation. It'll at least be up by the weekend.

Sweet. We need some Huc action in this mutha.....


and on a completely unrelated note, I'm going to be out of touch from tomorrow night until sometime Sunday, going camping with some family.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #30
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Here's a prototype crawl:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


I just need an episode title and a starry background, maybe?

The only thing I've come up with so far is 'The Empire's Last Stand". I'm having difficulty coming up with something that isn't generic, cliche, or a rewording of "The Empire Strikes Back".

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #31
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Bam!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:





__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #32
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Or we could go with that.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #33
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

It's pissing me off though. Making the scroll should have been the hardest part. But it was actually relatively easy because I found a tutorial and it was fun.

Getting it to be an animated gif that runs at a decent pace and is a reasonable size is a real *****. Still have to play around with it. Photoshop doesn't want to play with my regular image host, and Gimp's file sizes are enormous.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #34
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Bam!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


awesome.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #35
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Working on it. I've got posts to write for all my games since I got back from vacation. It'll at least be up by the weekend.


LIAR!!!!



Just playin'.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #36
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Working on it. I've got posts to write for all my games since I got back from vacation. It'll at least be up by the weekend.

How's that app coming?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #37
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Yea, yea. I know.

I'll get it up tomorrow.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #38
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Star Wars: The RPG Character Application

Screen Name: NiteMare Shape

Character you wish to play: Leia Organa
Race: Human

Faction: New Republic

Background: Leia was the daughter of Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala, as well as the twin of the sole remaining Jedi, Luke Skywalker. After her birth, she was seperated from Luke for reasons of safety and adopted by Senator Bail Organa and his wife, where she was raised as a member of the Alderaanian royal family, where she had been groomed by her father from an early age to one day take his place in the Imperial Senate.

She is most well known for her strong leadership during the Galactic Civil War, however she was also one of the youngest members of the Imperial Senate, being elected at the young age of 18. Her many years of diplomatic training would become an important asset to the Rebel Alliance, and later the New Republic, where she would often be called upon to lead important diplomatic missions to recruit new member systems into the fledgling New Republic.

Much like her twin brother, Leia is strong in the Force. However, her obligations to the New Republic make training in the Jedi arts difficult, and because of this she is at best a novice when it comes to matters of the Force.


Character Class (choose one):

Beaurocrat (all Senators, Governors, representatives, and general diplomats)

What Font and Color will you be using for your character's speech:
This one

Items: Blaster Pistol

Character Personality: Smart, strong, and forceful. All of the makings of a true leader. A skilled diplomat, and someone who is also handy in a fight.
Character Alignment (Choose one): Good

Why have you chosen this character, and what are your plans for them: I chose her because she's an important part of the time period we're in, and we really need her in this game.

What can you bring to Star Wars: The RPG: Um...a PC Leia
How often can you post IN A DAY in this RPG: As often as needed

Sample Post (write a sample post that is at least 4 paragraphs long and containing at least 3 lines of dialogue):


Sometimes meetings of the Inner Council are pointless. Instead of working together to build a strong framework to support the New Republic, we are working against each other to satisfy our own egos...or some of us are anyhow. While discussing the current crisis of the Imperial Remnant's increased presence in New Republic territories, Fey'lya and Ackbar constantly butt heads over how to best deal with the situation.

And to make matters worse, Mon Mothma gives me a new assignment before I can make my request for time off. Not only would I like to take some time to myself to study some of the Jedi texts that Luke has given me, but I would also like to take some time off to properly take care of myself, given my current condition. Instead, I am to lead a delegation to Rodia in order to try and convince the Rodians that they should join the New Republic. It won't be an easy mission, the Imperials have been harassing the Tyrius System, and the Rodians are less than enthusiastic about our ability to protect them. And truth be told, they have every right to be concerned, we don't have the ships nor the manpower to protect the systems we have, let alone new systems.

And then there is this new problem...A string of murders, from Nar Shaddaa to Tatooine. Each one of the murders shares one thing in common, each victim was killed by a person wielding a crimson lightsaber, and aside from that...nothing is known about the killer. More than one of the murders was committed in front of witnesses, in fact, one of the killings was done in a cantina with more than two dozen witnesses, yet not a single eyewitness can describe the murderer. This killer isn't just a threat to public safety, but in a way he is a threat to the very stability of the New Republic. The memories of Darth Vader's brutality are still fresh in people's minds, and the sudden emergence of a Dark Jedi, whether that is truly what he is or not could make more than one system rethink its allegiance to the New Republic. As I sit at my desk going through the dozens of sheets of flimsi that I have collected on this so called "Lightsaber Killer," I am startled by a sudden knocking on my door.

"Your Majesty? You called for me?" A voice calls from behind my door.

"Yes, come in Winter."

Winter walks into my room, takes one look at me and frowns.

"Still no progress?" She asks, already knowing the answer.

"No, and I'm afraid that I don't have much more time to look into this, I leave for Rodia in two days."

"Is there anything I can do to help Your Majesty?"

"Actually, there is. Can you arrange a transmission to Yavin?"

"Of course, Princess...But why?"

"I need to talk to my brother."
.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}


Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 08-01-2011 at 12:01 AM.
NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #39
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

A Leia without a Han...?

*sigh* Approved I guess.


and stop trying to take over our minds with your weird alien code. AOL is dead.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #40
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

BAM!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #41
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

yes! You totally made my night


Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 08-02-2011 at 12:50 AM.
NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #42
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Yea, yea. I know.

I'll get it up tomorrow.

O, rly?

Just copy and paste the old app....lol


Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 08-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #43
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

No posts
Rain Dog - Boolon
wiegeabo - Luke Skywalker
Nitemare - Leia
Rain Dog - Rotta
wiegeabo - Thrawn
Nitemare - Zsinj


More than 21 days without a post

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #44
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

So....let's get some posts up....


Carnage, are you going to get your app up soon, or should I write Huc out of the Dantooine arc?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #45
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Really? Nothing at all?



Really?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #46
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Stop bothering me! I'm old and cranky.


And get off my lawn!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #47
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

OK. Let's get some posting done....


Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 08-13-2011 at 10:20 PM.
NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #48
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

I'll have some posts up tomorrow.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #49
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

No posts
Rain Dog - Boolon
Nitemare - Leia
Rain Dog - Rotta


More than 21 days without a post

More than 14 days without a post
Nitemare Shape - Joren Kel - 8/01

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #50
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VIII OOC Thread

Like the OU games, I'm putting this game on pause until after we move to the new forum and hopefully get some more interest.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.