The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #101
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Captain America: News and Speculation XI

CE: "Have you seen Hemsworth? He's seven feet tall, wide as a truck... I mean, he IS Thor. Perfect casting."

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #102
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

According to the talk show schedules, it looks like Haley's the only CA star making appearances next week. Nothing about Chris going on The Colbert Report either, which I desperately wanted to see!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #103
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

I wanted to see some Hugo Weaving appearances. damn.

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 07-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #104
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Okay, just to summarize that MTV video:

- Chris is still very uncomfortable being in the spotlight
- He really wants to direct and hopes big movies like this will let him do so one day
- Signed for six movies
- Loves what's happening on Avengers so far. Says if there's a problem in dialog, Whedon comes back in ten minutes with seven different choices and all are great
- Says Avengers suit is great as far as movement goes (and that it's very modern) but he had to get used to the cowl as opposed to a helmet
- Sings showtunes in the shower
- Would do FF3 because he loved those movies
- Thinks Iron Man would beat Cap in a fight
- Says he used the Mythos books to prepare for Cap's origin
- Confirmed that part of his story in Avengers deals with acclimating himself to the modern world
- Won't confirm Bucky for future movies but does say a Winter Soldier story would be great
- Says he felt pressure to live up to the other great actors and actresses in the film, such as Tucci and Jones

I think that's about it.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #105
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
Thinks Iron Man would beat Cap in a fight
What a fan.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #106
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

In his defense, he seemed kinda bummed to say it

Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #107
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

Doesnt cap fight thor in civil war?

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #108
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Maybe, I can't remember. If he did, wasn't it one cloned by Reed Richards?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #109
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Cap's speed, agility & shield throwing from that clip look great! Outfit also looks much better in motion.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #110
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkull View Post
Got my tickets for the midnight showing!
I'm waiting to see if I get into the advance screening! Then I'm going to the midnight showing if that plan fails!

Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #111
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.D View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but I was already aware that there is going to be more action in the movie. I wasn't born today.
What about yesterday?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #112
TikkiEXX
Side-Kick

whoa left for work and there was nothing goin on came back and there was a Cap explosion! lol. i told myself i wouldnt watch anymore clips but ive got to check out that shield fight. and if guys are flying all over the place during it, id say they definately made Cap strong enough. lol. almost sounds closer to Ultimate Cap strength levels but we,ll see soon enough...like in about a week!!!!!! lol

Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #113
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Iono if anyone has discussed this but the clip where Cap finds the shield for the first time and Carter "tests" it out for him. Isn't she basically pissed at him for kissing that blonde chick we've seen that goes something like "women of America owe you thanks"?
I mean its clear from the footage that Carter and Cap spend quite an amount of time with each other before he gets the serum. So by that point she has some sort of affection for him and seeing him kiss another girl pisses her off. So she literally shoots him to take out her anger. It seems thats what happens when they're in the same place with same clothes etc. Thats just what I think, iono about anybody else.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Iono if anyone has discussed this but the clip where Cap finds the shield for the first time and Carter "tests" it out for him. Isn't she basically pissed at him for kissing that blonde chick we've seen that goes something like "women of America owe you thanks"?
I mean its clear from the footage that Carter and Cap spend quite an amount of time with each other before he gets the serum. So by that point she has some sort of affection for him and seeing him kiss another girl pisses her off. So she literally shoots him to take out her anger. It seems thats what happens when they're in the same place with same clothes etc. Thats just what I think, iono about anybody else.
I think this was revealed back when SHH (or someone else) had mentioned seeing like 20 minutes worth of footage of CA, and based on what they saw, your speculation is valid since that was what was shown in the footage (in larger detail of course).

Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 AM   #115
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think this was revealed back when SHH (or someone else) had mentioned seeing like 20 minutes worth of footage of CA, and based on what they saw, your speculation is valid since that was what was shown in the footage (in larger detail of course).
Thanks for confirming, when I saw that blonde coming onto Cap I instantly thought...That's why she is so pissed.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #116
shogunrua
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikkiEXX View Post
whoa left for work and there was nothing goin on came back and there was a Cap explosion! lol. i told myself i wouldnt watch anymore clips but ive got to check out that shield fight. and if guys are flying all over the place during it, id say they definately made Cap strong enough. lol. almost sounds closer to Ultimate Cap strength levels but we,ll see soon enough...like in about a week!!!!!! lol
right now I'm flipping the bird to my computer screen dude lol (Cap is released here only in August 17th )

Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #117
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
That's why I dislike that scene. "Oh, I'm jealous that Steve kissed a woman even though we're not actually going out. I'm going to shoot him at close range in a small room and hope that he is fast enough to use that experimental shield"

It just makes her look petty and irresponsible. And the irony is that it' supposed to make her look strong.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #118
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
That's why I dislike that scene. "Oh, I'm jealous that Steve kissed a woman even though we're not actually going out. I'm going to shoot him at close range in a small room and hope that he is fast enough to use that experimental shield"

It just makes her look petty and irresponsible. And the irony is that it' supposed to make her look strong.
Well it still depends on the context of the scene and how it fits in with everything else she does. I easily see her in the movie as this hard nose woman who wants to prove to the men she can fight alongside with them. She's not a woman who waits at home for the men to come home. I don't know anything about Peggy Carter from the comics so this is all just out of my head.

And she then meets skinny Steve Rogers and falls for who he is when shes surrounded by a bunch of other much appealing soldiers.

Last edited by Liam_H; 07-15-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #119
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

does anyone else think Harry Potter fans are as bad as Twilight fans or is it just me? ton of Potter fans on my FB got butthurt cause i said i rather see Captain America and think it will be a better movie.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #120
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_MAX View Post
does anyone else think Harry Potter fans are as bad as Twilight fans or is it just me? ton of Potter fans on my FB got butthurt cause i said i rather see Captain America and think it will be a better movie.
Personal opinion here because I love the Potter series. Yes we can be as ignorantly defensive as the Twilight fans. But to me at least the Potter franchise offers something great while the Twilight series just offers wet dreams about sparking vampires. So basically ignore them.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:01 AM   #121
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

oh trust me while i think Potter is a better written book i enjoyed it about as much as Twilight. What irks me is that HP fans did the same crap and do the same crap many Twihards do. its just frustrating.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #122
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh trust me while i think Potter is a better written book i enjoyed it about as much as Twilight. What irks me is that HP fans did the same crap and do the same crap many Twihards do. its just frustrating.
Really enjoyed the Potter books as much as the Twilight ones? Ouch, that hurts. But still rabid fan bases can be just as bad as any others. Potter, LOTR, Twilight, Star Wars etc. Its best to keep in mind that we are not all that bad and that some of us do realize not everyone loves what we love.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #123
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam H
And that, Gentlemen, is why you shouldn't allow women in the CIA!

Also, regarding Potter, I'll never understand the defensiveness of the Potter fans, because as a long time Potter reader I can't stand the movie, yet for most fans they seem to like anything and everything Potter related... That's fandom gone mad! No TRUE fan would LIKE everything :P

Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #124
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

Quote:
Really enjoyed the Potter books as much as the Twilight ones? Ouch, that hurts. But still rabid fan bases can be just as bad as any others. Potter, LOTR, Twilight, Star Wars etc. Its best to keep in mind that we are not all that bad and that some of us do realize not everyone loves what we love.
i guess, i like Star Wars and LOTR so it doesnt bug me as much haha

Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #125
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
i guess, i like Star Wars and LOTR so it doesnt bug me as much haha
Well there you go. I mean I'm sure you heard some people state HP is the next Star Wars. And certain Star Wars fans have been up in arms about that statement. They obviously wouldn't agree with that but they have to realize people love the HP series while they have the same love for Star Wars.

Closed Thread