The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #126
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: Kurt Johnstad, Jonah Nolan involved with Man of Steel script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
It's Gill, he has been one of or most reliable sources since the Begins days, and never has lead us astray, he's been a good source with always reliable information.
Ah. Being fairly new around here, I did not know that Gil was a reliable source.

Still… this news doesn’t exactly fall into the category of “secret plot spoiler” - fully vouched for by reliable source guy with well-placed contacts. It’s the kind of detail that the studio would very likely want to publicize. Therefore, it should be (one might suppose) easily confirmable with a link to any number of conventional trade publications.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #127
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post
He "significantly" saved the project, and thus is now officially a co-writer. As a matter of fact, he was officially a co-writer a long time ago when Goyer was beating his head against the wall trying to figure out the 3rd act.

It's had its problems. But again, this is absolutely fantastic news that Johnstad is getting in on this. Between him and Jonah, I have no doubt this will be a fantastic film.

Someone else mentioned that the new release date will give Chris more time to participate and help oversee the finished product. This is absolutely true. Again, more great news. How people aren't doing backflips and cartwheels right now is beyond me. Between the stellar cast, the news of Johnstad helping to do some punch ups, and Chris being able to be a bit more involved, there's nothing but positive things happening with this project.

It's a good time to be a Superman fan. Now, let's just hope this place doesn't explode when they finally release a promo shot of the suit...
welcome back to the superman boards gill!

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
bgshw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #128
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Ah. Being fairly new around here, I did not know that Gil was a reliable source.

Still… this news doesn’t exactly fall into the category of “secret plot spoiler” - fully vouched for by reliable source guy with well-placed contacts. It’s the kind of detail that the studio would very likely want to publicize. Therefore, it should be (one might suppose) easily confirmable with a link to any number of conventional trade publications.
They will, this film still has 22 months until its release, usually when starting the principal photography they will release a full fledged press release. I'm sure in the next few months they will publicize it and continue to do so as production and post production move forward. One thing I want to know is who their SFX house is going to be, I pray WETA or ILM.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #129
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
He "significantly" saved the project, and thus is now officially a co-writer. As a matter of fact, he was officially a co-writer a long time ago when Goyer was beating his head against the wall trying to figure out the 3rd act.

It's had its problems. But again, this is absolutely fantastic news that Johnstad is getting in on this. Between him and Jonah, I have no doubt this will be a fantastic film.

Someone else mentioned that the new release date will give Chris more time to participate and help oversee the finished product. This is absolutely true. Again, more great news. How people aren't doing backflips and cartwheels right now is beyond me. Between the stellar cast, the news of Johnstad helping to do some punch ups, and Chris being able to be a bit more involved, there's nothing but positive things happening with this project.

It's a good time to be a Superman fan. Now, let's just hope this place doesn't explode when they finally release a promo shot of the suit...

I mentioned it about Chris having more time to be available for post and editing work on MOS.

I for one, am extremely stoked about hearing this news regarding the pushed back release date to June 2013 (during Supes 75th Anniversary) with Jonah and Johnstad being involved as screenwriters and Chris Nolan having more time to oversee the project now.

Good news all around for this film!

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #130
SrsBsns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
When was this line said?
It's said when that cop (can't remember what his name was. The guy who tries to beat down the joker in the interrogation room, but ends up getting held hostage by him) is arresting and putting one of the gang members into a cop car in the first act.

SrsBsns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #131
Boosted
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I've seen the movie several times; but I don't recall that line. Can you refresh my memory with a scene description?
yah it's right when they arrest maroni and all his men. when one of the cops is putting a crook in a car he drops that line. bleh

Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #132
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
yah it's right when they arrest maroni and all his men. when one of the cops is putting a crook in a car he drops that line. bleh
Ok, thanks.

But in this case, I don’t think the line qualifies as an intentionally "witty zinger” that (oops!) fell flat. It’s an old and very familiar saying - uttered as a casual, smart-alecky insult. Along with “tell it to the judge” and other expressions, it could very well be standard “cop banter.”

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #133
Octoberist
point blank

wishful thinking: I hope that with Kurt, he's gonna add some hints Alluding to future villains like Brainiac, etc.

Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #134
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

any chance they're still going to start filming within a couple months?

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #135
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
any chance they're still going to start filming within a couple months?
They start this week in the Aurora/Chicago area....

http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10047

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...roa-as-hq.html

In fact in a recent video interview, the interviewer asked Henry "..and you've already started filming in Chicago?" and he nodded his head yes and said "mm hmm".
Here is said interview....
http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10073

Kryptonian Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #136
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

excellent!

hope we get that suit pic soon

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #137
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
excellent!

hope we get that suit pic soon
You and me both, brother! It has to be coming soon. Henry has said that he has seen and tried on the suit. So most likely a picture of him the suit exists. In fact, I would be willing to bet that he has done some sort of photo shoot in it.

Kryptonian Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #138
GreenKToo
In the fire

Just like with everything else that has happened with this film, it will be out of the blue and totally unexpected when it does happen. could be any day, or week(s).

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #139
Slowtime
Banned User

When they film outside shots of him in the suit, we will definitely get some paparazzi stuff. Depends what is being filmed and when, hopefully that speeds up some promo shots to get us into the design early on.

Slowtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #140
Boosted
Side-Kick

i'm sure it'll be on a sunday.

Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #141
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The film is a long ways off so showing the suit now would be kinda meh in my opinion. I do hope it looks good though.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #142
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Just like with everything else that has happened with this film, it will be out of the blue and totally unexpected when it does happen. could be any day, or week(s).

My experience too. These kinda things usually are. Outta the blue, like the casting of Cavill.
It wouldnt surprise me if it happened this sunday. Or 3 months from now.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #143
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:

Whoa, must've missed this one. ExtrEMEly comforting news.
Didnt know Jonah was this talented. Runs in the family I guess.

Didnt really think Chris would get involved again. Hadnt linked it to the date-change and I must admit, I thought that ship had sailed. But of course, it would be very smart to get him back into the mix now that he's available. For the lack of a better word, that's just
AWESOME!!!

It's just a little too good to be true, says the wet blanket in me. I keep waiting for something horrible to happen. For that Superman-curse to set in. Of course, we do face Doomsday in 2012 and the big solarflare of 2013, so there's hope...