Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The Score II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
DarkKnight245
Conan O'Brien Fanatic

Default Batman 3 soundtrack ideas

We all know that the BB and TDK soundtracks were great. But do you guys have any ideas on how Hans and James should score the third movie? Fire away!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Default Re: The Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
This one is different from Teddy's though, there are aspects that seem different at least to me. I think this person took Teddy's work and changed some things at the beginning. Maybe that's just me and there is no difference.
The caption under the video
Quote:
The TDKR prologue soundtrack mix obtained from multiple soundtracks.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
shiftylarry
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Score - Part 1

I personally don't want to hear the Rise Chant in the next trailer, with the first two trailers and the prologue heavily using it, it will be refreshing to hear music that we are use to hearing from the first two movies in the 3rd one (Molossus).

Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I really hope that Zimmer switched it up a little for this one. I'm not saying make it completely different. But I hope that at least Catwoman has a theme that differentiates a little from the rest. And that we hear a a few other pieces of brand new music in it as well because I don't want it to just be the same thing all over again for the last entry in the series. But I hope that the central themes from the previous films return as well.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftylarry View Post
I personally don't want to hear the Rise Chant in the next trailer, with the first two trailers and the prologue heavily using it, it will be refreshing to hear music that we are use to hearing from the first two movies in the 3rd one (Molossus).
Yeah, it would bring things back to full circle.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
I really hope that Zimmer switched it up a little for this one. I'm not saying make it completely different. But I hope that at least Catwoman has a theme that differentiates a little from the rest. And that we hear a a few other pieces of brand new music in it as well because I don't want it to just be the same thing all over again for the last entry in the series. But I hope that the central themes from the previous films return as well.
Umm, the chant itself is quite different from what we're used to.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Indeed. So much that some are calling for the Mollosus cue to make a return in the next trailer.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Nevincer
Side-Kick

And I agree. I think that would be the best thing, or a mix of multiple themes (from the score) which could include the chant so long as it isn't overused this time.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
a mix of multiple themes (from the score) which could include the chant so long as it isn't overused this time.
That's what I'd like.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Batman137
Why do we fall?

I can only imagine how epic the score will be at the end of this movie...

~ A Dark Knight
Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Default Re: Batman 3 soundtrack ideas

I really hope to finally hear Batman's theme this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight245 View Post
We all know that the BB and TDK soundtracks were great. But do you guys have any ideas on how Hans and James should score the third movie? Fire away!
Newton Howard isn't back for the TDKR score.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Quote:

Umm, that's one piece. I said I hope that Catwoman has a differentiated theme and that we get to hear a few other pieces of new music as well.

And I never talked about the trailer. I was talking about the film.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftylarry View Post
I agree. I found the combo of the national anthem and the Bane chant to be underwhelming in the trailer. I hope we get an epic piece of music for the next one.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I think the chant can end the last segment of the trailer, like when the logo comes up. That way it can lend the individual identity but not overly so.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I agree. I found the combo of the national anthem and the Bane chant to be underwhelming in the trailer. I hope we get an epic piece of music for the next one.
I found it more refreshing than trailers that use the "horn" sound these days.

*cough* Total Recall remake *cough*

Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #17
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
Umm, that's one piece. I said I hope that Catwoman has a differentiated theme and that we get to hear a few other pieces of new music as well.

And I never talked about the trailer. I was talking about the film.
Sorry. You seemed to be indicating to me that you were worried Zimmer wouldn't branch out that much from the classic score (many pieces in BB/TDK were incredibly similar) and I was just stating that the chant itself is quite different.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

It's fine. Misunderstanding. And you're right, the chant is definitely quite a different. I think that's a good sign that we might hear some other different pieces from Zimmer as well.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #19
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Yeah, I agree.

Back to the trailer, I think the issue with the scoring in the last one is the Anthem for the first part isn't Batman-ish, so what you had really was a first minute that didn't really have a score but was all about setting up an atmosphere. This is cool, but it's more similar to getting a taste of a scene from the movie out of context than an exciting trailer piece.

Then the second minute is the part where the sound starts blaring with the chant, and it proceeds to a more traditional trailer montage of eyecandy scenes, but what I take issue with is the cue from Bane's theme they used was incredibly repetitive and boring for those that have been stuck hearing that same piece from the launch of the site. That's how it falls apart IMO and leaves more to be desired. The version used in the prologue and the sample from hans zimmer are insanely catchier, but the one in the trailer/site launch are like a crowd cheering heard on loop. It gets annoying after a while.

Last edited by Nevincer; 04-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I know what you mean, the chant is basically all we've been given in terms of music.

Same time, the trailer wasn't really for us as much as it was the general public, and for most people that was their first taste of it (let's be honest the GA had probably already forgotten it was at the end of the teaser).

So yeah, it doesn't give off a highly Batman-y feel but it most definitely gives off an "epic conclusion" feel and I think that's what the trailer wanted to hammer home. But yeah, I think the next trailer will go guns blazing- more Zimmer cues, amazing lines, money shots. I imagine be the same difference between Inception trailer 2 and Inception trailer 3.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
Ant-LOX
Bathman

I think this is the most I will ever hear of the Star Spangled Banner - Any idea who that kid is?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

No idea who it is...but I was an extra at Heinz Field and the national anthem was the first thing of the day to be shot. It was kind of funny, he screwed up the words on a few takes and everyone was just cheering him on and encouraging him, even chanting his name at one point (can't remember it now...).

Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 AM   #23
WiseBrook
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
I think this is the most I will ever hear of the Star Spangled Banner - Any idea who that kid is?
I remember reading he is the nephew of either a production/crew member or the mayor of Pittsburgh or something.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #24
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I know what you mean, the chant is basically all we've been given in terms of music.
To be fair, with the exception of Why So Serious (which we only heard because of the prologue), we heard none of the TDK score preceding the release of the film. It was all recycled Batman Begins stuff, some of which wasn't even really in the film.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #25
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Still better than getting someone else writing the trailer score. I always liked it when trailers had music from the movie they were advertising (Star Wars, Indy, TRon Legacy, the Batman trilogy).

Closed Thread