View Poll Results: Which is better?
First Class 18 60.00%
Deathly Hallows Part 2 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #26
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Default Re: First Class or Deathly Hallows Part 2

Deathly Hallows but First Class is a close second.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #27
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

X3 and Hp8 also had a small fight in the forest, Voldemort killed Harry Potter and Wolverine didn't stand a chance with Magneto. Then the way Voldemort and Magneto were beaten was kinda similar. They were beaten by the person they weren't fighting with. Voldemort was defeated when Neville killed the snake. Beast injected Magneto with the cure. It wasn't really Harry Potter and Wolverine that beat them in the end. Then people getting vaporized, supporting villains got beaten in like 1 minute. Deathly Hallows Part 2 really reminded of X3. I just wish X3's final battle was as good as the final battle in Deathly Hallows Part 2.

And after watching Hp8 twice in theaters, X-Men: First Class is the better film. There was just more raw emotion in X-Men First Class compare to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Harry Potter was more predictable (I didn't read the book). Well its kinda sad that Harry Potter movie series is over, its been a part of my life as a movie-goer for like 10 years. I hope FOX will release at least 4 more X-Men films before they officially reboot the series.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #28
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
X3 and Hp8 also had a small fight in the forest, Voldemort killed Harry Potter and Wolverine didn't stand a chance with Magneto. Then the way Voldemort and Magneto were beaten was kinda similar. They were beaten by the person they weren't fighting with. Voldemort was defeated when Neville killed the snake. Beast injected Magneto with the cure. It wasn't really Harry Potter and Wolverine that beat them in the end. Then people getting vaporized, supporting villains got beaten in like 1 minute. Deathly Hallows Part 2 really reminded of X3. I just wish X3's final battle was as good as the final battle in Deathly Hallows Part 2.

And after watching Hp8 twice in theaters, X-Men: First Class is the better film. There was just more raw emotion in X-Men First Class compare to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Harry Potter was more predictable (I didn't read the book). Well its kinda sad that Harry Potter movie series is over, its been a part of my life as a movie-goer for like 10 years. I hope FOX will release at least 4 more X-Men films before they officially reboot the series.
Neville didn't kill Voldemort, he was killed by himself because as the wand was technically harry's the killing curse killed voldemort instead

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #29
hbw60

[deleted]

Last edited by hbw60; 12-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.
hbw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #30
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbw60 View Post
Personally, I'll go with HP8, mostly because the First Class ending didn't quite work for me. I couldn't tell if human military scenes were serious or tongue-in-cheek. They just felt hokey and cliched. "Gentlemen, it's been an honor serving with you." It just felt so out of place.
That scene was funny!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #31
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
This I would disagree with. I would say the near-destruction of Hogwarts, the number of deaths, the Prince's Tale, the Resurrection Stone scene in the forest, and Harry's sacrifice emotionally trumps anything in First Class.

Which isn't a knock on First Class. That was my second-favorite movie this summer.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
Zelkar
Side-Kick

I was dissapointed by both, now lemme say I never read any harry potter books so i cant really say cuz from what I hear it was pretty much dead on the book, but the movie was really anti climatic the ending was horrible, I loved all the other Harry potters but this one was the worst.

Xmen first class was just all around awful, the ONLY thing that kept me from walking away was magneto, even though they completely messed him up too, Michael Fassbender did a really good job with what he was given and made him as badass as he could.

Zelkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #33
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkar View Post
I was dissapointed by both, now lemme say I never read any harry potter books so i cant really say cuz from what I hear it was pretty much dead on the book, but the movie was really anti climatic the ending was horrible, I loved all the other Harry potters but this one was the worst.

Xmen first class was just all around awful, the ONLY thing that kept me from walking away was magneto, even though they completely messed him up too, Michael Fassbender did a really good job with what he was given and made him as badass as he could.

To all

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #34
Lord
All Mighty

Since this is a superhero forum it's understandable how x-men is winning

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #35
Zelkar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post

To all

Why you Face Palm? For Harry Potter? thas cool i understand as i said i never read the books so i cant really say if it was anygood or not just to me as a movie, as like the final movie in a whole series it was really anti climatic.

are you Face palming for First class? Why?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #36
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Why you Face Palm? For Harry Potter? thas cool i understand as i said i never read the books so i cant really say if it was anygood or not just to me as a movie, as like the final movie in a whole series it was really anti climatic.

are you Face palming for First class? Why?
For both, i understand that not everybody has the same tastes but they were both great movies, for harry potter i rate part 2 better than firt class because i count deadly hallows as a single movie and as a single movie it was a great ending.
As for X-Men: First class i think you may find the answer to why it was great in some previous posts but i'll make you remember, the movie was creative, the characters were likeable, the story was well constructed, Charles Xavier and Erik were well portrayed and as a prequel it was able to be one of the best in the franchise (i rate it with x-2 as the best in the film series and for me they're tied), and not many can say that their franchises gained more steam woth their 5th movies

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #37
Zelkar
Side-Kick

Quote:
For both, i understand that not everybody has the same tastes but they were both great movies, for harry potter i rate part 2 better than firt class because i count deadly hallows as a single movie and as a single movie it was a great ending.
As for X-Men: First class i think you may find the answer to why it was great in some previous posts but i'll make you remember, the movie was creative, the characters were likeable, the story was well constructed, Charles Xavier and Erik were well portrayed and as a prequel it was able to be one of the best in the franchise (i rate it with x-2 as the best in the film series and for me they're tied), and not many can say that their franchises gained more steam woth their 5th movies
I get what your saying, Totally taking Deathly hallows as all one movie yea its a great movie, cool beans.

But Xmen first class, No sure like as a movie like if you didnt know anything about Xmen or Comic books or anything, sure its a good movie but dude, its an xmen movie and as an Xmen movie it was completely horrible.

Yes the actors that they got were great they Made the characters as good as they could with what was written for them, Michael fassbender especially did a great job with magneto.

All the characters were well portrayed. That being said, pretty much everything else about the movie was awful, the story was dumb, the writing was complete garbage, the characters were completely obliterated, they didnt use the actual first class (and the excuse that it had to fit into the other film continuity is BS, theres no reason they couldnt have done it as a Prequel Reboot) they changed characters personalities and powers, they completely rewrote the backstory and origin for pretty much every character in the movie.

umm, what else am i missing, nothing else i can think of my major complaint was they completely changed all the characters and left out xmen and created new xmen instead, it was complete BS.

Again as i Said sure as just a like non xmen movie, non comic book movie, or had I never read an xmen comic or anything I probably would have liked it, and the actors were good choices and they did a good job with what they were given, in that regard it was a pretty good movie I suppose but dude, cmon as a fan how do you not feel violated by that peice of trash?

Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #38
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
I get what your saying, Totally taking Deathly hallows as all one movie yea its a great movie, cool beans.

But Xmen first class, No sure like as a movie like if you didnt know anything about Xmen or Comic books or anything, sure its a good movie but dude, its an xmen movie and as an Xmen movie it was completely horrible.

Yes the actors that they got were great they Made the characters as good as they could with what was written for them, Michael fassbender especially did a great job with magneto.

All the characters were well portrayed. That being said, pretty much everything else about the movie was awful, the story was dumb, the writing was complete garbage, the characters were completely obliterated, they didnt use the actual first class (and the excuse that it had to fit into the other film continuity is BS, theres no reason they couldnt have done it as a Prequel Reboot) they changed characters personalities and powers, they completely rewrote the backstory and origin for pretty much every character in the movie.

umm, what else am i missing, nothing else i can think of my major complaint was they completely changed all the characters and left out xmen and created new xmen instead, it was complete BS.

Again as i Said sure as just a like non xmen movie, non comic book movie, or had I never read an xmen comic or anything I probably would have liked it, and the actors were good choices and they did a good job with what they were given, in that regard it was a pretty good movie I suppose but dude, cmon as a fan how do you not feel violated by that peice of trash?
It's because it was different that i liked it, i read many x-men stories, i'm a fan of the comics, i also have the first stories in Marvel Masterworks: x-men volumes but i liked some changes, x-men movies had to change right in the first movie because of the budget for the costumes and characters powers yet it's been having a positive direction (not counting with x-3 and wolverine) as a movie the story and characters are great, Magneto killing mutant and the way he was written were all great, the same goes for magnet.

I'm confident that vaugh's secound class and 3rd class, and bryan singers x-men 4 and 5 will be great, along with other s like The Wolverine and Deadpool.

The movie ofered a good twist for their first years and i'm just tired of that statement that this didn't have the first class characters, first, this was the first class of mutants in this universe, so yes, it's first class.

2nd, i never read the first class stories but i remember a lot of fans saying they hated those stories, now they wanted it to be more like the comic

Sincerely i'm glad this movie was like this and i don't want the x-men movies to be completelly rebooted until marvel studios gets all the rights, (but retconing x-3 and wolverine ain't exactly bad for me), but i hope that won't be now because i think the x-men universe can work well on its oun, and considering that sometimes it has too many mutant cameos, making it have even more cameos with other superheroes could ruin the movies a litle.

~*SHH SIX*~

Last edited by Lord; 08-05-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #39
Zelkar
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was because it was different that i liked it, i read many x-men stories, i'm a fan of the comics, i also have the first stories in Marvel Masterworks: x-men volumes but i liked some changes, x-men movies had to change right in the first movie because of the budget for the costumes and characters powers yet it's been having a positive direction (not counting with x-3 and wolverine) as a movie the story and characters are great, Magneto killing mutant and the way he was written were all great, the same goes for magneto, i'm confident that vaugh's secound class and 3rd class, and bryan singers x-men 4 and 5 will be great, along with other s like The Wolverine and Deadpool.
The movie ofered a good twist for their first years and i'm just tired of that statement that this didn't have the first class characters, first, this was the first class of mutants in this universe, so yes, it's first class, 2nd, i never read the first class stories but i remember a lot of fans saying they hated that comic, now they wanted it to be more like the comic Jesus, sincerely i'm glad this movie was like this and i don't want the x-men movies to be completelly rebooted until marvel studios gets all the rights, (but retconing x-3 and wolverine ain't exactly bad for me), but i hope that won't be now because i think the x-men universe can work well on its oun, and considering that sometimes it has too many mutant cameos, making it have even more cameos with other superheroes could ruin the movies a litle.
Yea I get what your saying, you like change and so do I, to an extent like cosmetic changes are fine, like change the costumes, change the looks, change the nationalities, add some back story, add some depth, thats all cool but I dont like when they Completely rewrite to the extent of creating completely new backstories and such like I dont get how you are ok with that, like i respect that you liked it but I dont get How you can like that, how you can enjoy seeing the characters with diffrnt powers or backstories like doesnt that change the characters for you?

like for me all that stuff makes up the character like if you change the stuff in the past that made them who they are, you are changing the charater they are not the same.

as for the comics i didnt mind the First class comic, it wasnt my favorite but it wasnt horrible.

I just dont understand why they felt they needed to make those drastic changes like I think the general population of comic fans want to see the characters on film as they know them, they dont want to see those characters twisted into something completely new, cuz then they cease to be those characters. and Non comic fans wouldn't know the difference either way, so why change it... and dont say cuz it makes for a better movie because it doesn't Charles and Eriks original origins are so much better and would add so much more depth to the characters in the movie that they are diminishing them making them more 2 dimensional by changing it to what they did.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

You fanboys better stop wishing for a movie adaptation close to the comics or at least the 90s cartoon, you ain't getting it.

Its time to face the facts.

I already faced it since I saw X2 for the 1st time, which btw is amazing.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #41
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I've been waiting for the epic conclusion to the 'Potter' series for ten years and loved the finale. I thought it was emotional, action-packed and epic. It was a more-than-suitable send-off for the franchise.

With that said, it wasn't exactly the film I wanted to be. After all these years, maybe I expected too much? But there were some directorial and artistic choices that really made a nearly-perfect film seem quite flawed for me. Like I said, I loved it, but it could have been a lot better for what I was expecting.

The 'X-Men' franchise had grown tired for me, and of course the news of this project got me excited, but I was extremely weary. My expectations were low to begin with. Then the cast rolled in and that was mind-blowing (as was the crew, of course.) Then I had a little birdie telling me lots of great things about this project long before we knew much about it. And when the trailer rolled around, my expectations really shot up. By then, I was really thinking we were going to get the best 'X-Men' film yet. And after watching the film, I had to stand back, breathe and ask myself if the movie was really as good as I thought. After seeing it a second time, I realized I wasn't just being a jumpy fanboy; this is not only the best 'X-Men' film, it is also a great film in general.

As much as I love 'Deathly Hallows', it feels like you have to work to watch it... and even then, for me, it's just not satisfying enough. 'First Class' left me feeling the theater like I had a delicious, filling meal - but damn, did I want seconds! Not because my appetite wasn't met, but because it was just so tasty.

'First Class' wins.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #42
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Deathly Hallows Part 2 for me but still enjoyed First Class considering how badly it could've gone. Also its just strange to even be starting a Poll of this type, in this or any thread. I expected First Class to be winning easily considering where we are.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #43
JeriShowMiz095
HAIL HYDRA!

i canīt really choose

JeriShowMiz095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #44
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

Marvel's own films don't follow the comics either.

Where was Donald Blake the crippled doctor in Thor? Why wasn't Jane Foster a nurse? What happened to all those comic book years of Cap and Bucky in the Captain America movie? Where was Bucky's costume?

Your issues aren't really that valid because this followed four previous X-Men films that had already established their own continuity, having built on the decisions taken with the first film back in 2000.

Now, of course, the First Class film could have been a total reboot that followed the First Class comic but that would not necessarily make it a better film.

The best-regarded comic book movies are those that takes risks and rise above the material. The Dark Knight shows that. Elements of the original comic are taken and woven into a new story that is full of surprises.

For me, a lot of the enjoyment and suspense of First Class was in not knowing how it would turn out. And yet, for me, the characters felt like their comic book counterparts (perhaps with the exception of Shaw, who was alos a bit like Sinister or Bishop).

I felt no suspense during Thor or Captain America, we knew how they have to turn out because both characters are in The Avengers. Boring. Predictable. I don't want to be able to sit there with the comic and turn the pages of the comic to match what is on screen.

The paralysis of Xavier was BETTER in the film than it was in the comics where an alien dropped a rock on him. He still ended up crippled, he still decided to found a school, he still split from Magneto.

For me, First Class never crossed a line into disrespecting the comics. Banshee's 'wings' were exactly from the comics, the raising of the submarine by Magneto is in the comics too, you could tell the comics were an inspiration as well as the previous films.

Moreover, the ending made me excited as to what might happen next, who they might choose to bring in. Because we don't know for sure, that makes it intriguing. If we knew that the characters in issue 23 were coming next and it would follow that exact story, that would not be as interesting. The pleasure is in not knowing everything although, in this era of spoilers and leaked pictures, I know that a lot of the fanboys won't feel that way and somehow can only feel secure and safe in the world if they know exactly how something will turn out.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #45
Lord
All Mighty

When i heared that Bryan Singer would make the story for first class, that the characters would be different and then that it was going to be directed by the guy that made the Kick-Ass movie (while i liked the comics i think the movie was better) i knew this movie was destined to be great.
I saw so many fans saying that it was going to suck and that Marvel Studios should handle it, really? tHis movie had everything it needed to be great, and it was

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 AM   #46
iskrew
Side-Kick

I love First Class. It was my favorite movie of the summer! Until Deathly Hallows part 2 came along. The movie really exceeded my expectations.

iskrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #47
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

First Class