Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Not surprising.
I hope hoping for at least a suit reveal.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
Slowtime
Banned User

They always say there won't be a big cc presence, fans hope anyways, then get disappointed.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #28
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

According to EW interview with Goyer, filming starts next week.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #29
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Next week?!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #30
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eeek!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Well I did think it was a bit odd to build the sets in Plano just now if they weren't going to film till mid August...

Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
Superman2007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thought his musings about his own Superman short story were pretty good. Also, found it interesting how he covered his tracks, and assured the interview that it wasn't related to the movie.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #33
Superman2007
Side-Kick

Hopefully, we'll get Cavill in some set pics. Unlikely, having them this early though...

Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #34
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Hmmm, interesting.

It also sounds like he's still working on it?

And btw, his 'Heaven's Shadow' sounds like a rip-off of Rendezvous With Rama.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #35
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

With all the smallville sets that were seeing now, I wonder if we are gonna see Clark in his teens playing around with his powers, and who do you think would make a great teenage Clark Kent?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
GreenKToo
In the fire

Next week huh. So unless Lex is already cast, it doesnt look like we'll be seeing him.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #37
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Well Perry and Jimmy haven't been cast either. And I think it's unlikely we won't be seeing them...

Who knows.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #38
BlueLantern
Hope Burns Bright

It's really odd that they're leaving these casting announcements this late, but who knows, it might be a right surprise.

I would love it if they announce Eisenberg and Williams for Jimmy and Perry. Man that would make my day.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #39
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm hoping for either goodman, hoffman, or baldwin for perry.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Comic-Con weekend has to be the suit reveal.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #41
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Never thought there would be a Superman presence at ComicCon, but I'm still betting on a cover for Entertainment Weekly during ComicCon.

EDIT: Check that. Seems the Spider-Man one was the ComicCon issue. Disappointing, considering we've already seen several of those pictures.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)

Last edited by Lighthouse; 07-19-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #42
merced
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
It's really odd that they're leaving these casting announcements this late, but who knows, it might be a right surprise.

I would love it if they announce Eisenberg and Williams for Jimmy and Perry. Man that would make my day.
I could see no Lex in MOS - just have him referred to. Lex has been way overdone as a villain.

I'd be surprised if no Jimmy or Perry. Sounds like, if there is to be a Jimmy or Perry in the film, it will be a late announcement. Kind of a good move from a PR perspective. Don't dump all the news at once.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #43
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by merced View Post
I could see no Lex in MOS - just have him referred to. Lex has been way overdone as a villain.

I'd be surprised if no Jimmy or Perry. Sounds like, if there is to be a Jimmy or Perry in the film, it will be a late announcement. Kind of a good move from a PR perspective. Don't dump all the news at once.
If Lois is in this film, then there's bound to be a DP, and with a DP, traditionally, there's bound to be a Jimmy and Perry.

With Lex, they can easily say that he wasn't in Metropolis at the time the events of MOS took place and that he had other pressing matters to attend to or something to that effect.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
merced
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If Lois is in this film, then there's bound to be a DP, and with a DP, traditionally, there's bound to be a Jimmy and Perry.

With Lex, they can easily say that he wasn't in Metropolis at the time the events of MOS took place and that he had other pressing matters to attend to or something to that effect.
Exactly re: Lex.

If I had my druthers there would be no K either but that's another story.

I hope the announcement (presumed) of Jimmy and Perry is being purposely held off. To build interest and suspense.

MOS - specifically Snyder and his team - are going to have to do a stellar PR job at every level to get folks interested in the film. Right now they don't seem to be so much.

A solid cast is one way to do this and Snyder gets a check on that.

Timed announcements are another way to build interest. With surprises thrown in as possible.

The set photos and later on early trailers have got to all be blow-away great. The PR for MOS has got to be far, far better and more imaginative than was that for SR.

Snyder and company have their job cut out for them.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #45
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Exactly re: Lex.

If I had my druthers there would be no K either but that's another story.

I hope the announcement (presumed) of Jimmy and Perry is being purposely held off. To build interest and suspense.

MOS - specifically Snyder and his team - are going to have to do a stellar PR job at every level to get folks interested in the film. Right now they don't seem to be so much.

A solid cast is one way to do this and Snyder gets a check on that.

Timed announcements are another way to build interest. With surprises thrown in as possible.

The set photos and later on early trailers have got to all be blow-away great. The PR for MOS has got to be far, far better and more imaginative than was that for SR.

Snyder and company have their job cut out for them.

Indeed; MOS needs to have a SOLID screenplay thatís translated well onto the screen; but most importantly, it needs to get the GA to care about Supermanís character again and understand him as a fictional person; something that recent films had fail to do as of late.

If Snyder can actually hold true to his word and have the tone and look of the film appear where it looks like our own world and that he presents the scenario with how our own world could look like if we had our own Superman, then that would be great.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #46
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Next week huh. So unless Lex is already cast, it doesnt look like we'll be seeing him.
Don't production companies (or TPTB) cast new roles once filming begins on some projects? It happens quite often doesn't it? I mean, I may be completely wrong, and I don't know how all of that works, but I swear I have seen that happen before. With that said, if the role of Lex is a late addition, wouldn't that most likely mean that Lex won't play a major part in the film? I have a feeling that Lex is only going to be alluded to in this film, and will be a major player in the sequel.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #47
merced
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; MOS needs to have a SOLID screenplay that’s translated well onto the screen; but most importantly, it needs to get the GA to care about Superman’s character again and understand him as a fictional person; something that recent films had fail to do as of late.

If Snyder can actually hold true to his word and have the tone and look of the film appear where it looks like our own world and that he presents the scenario with how our own world could look like if we had our own Superman, then that would be great.
Snyder and company have to get "butts into seats" opening weekend. That is key.

SR failed to do that - in fact both GL and Thor had larger opening weekends than SR.

Thor went on to be a more successful film than SR and GL a less successful one. The follow-up was due to WOM and film quality. Thor had it, GL didn't.

But if MOS is to have any chance of getting to 230 or 240 million it needs a huge opening weekend.

That will be driven by the buzz and Snyder/WB need to control that buzz to the extent they can. As in no lame publicity stills are allowed to get out. SR had a slew of them which became the focus of jokes. GL had similar problems.

With both SR and GL the buzz got out of the studios's control and was awful by the time both films were set to premier.

Last edited by merced; 07-19-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #48
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Don't production companies (or TPTB) cast new roles once filming begins on some projects? It happens quite often doesn't it? I mean, I may be completely wrong, and I don't know how all of that works, but I swear I have seen that happen before. With that said, if the role of Lex is a late addition, wouldn't that most likely mean that Lex won't play a major part in the film? I have a feeling that Lex is only going to be alluded to in this film, and will be a major player in the sequel.
Yes they do. Often.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Snyder and company have to get "butts into seats" opening weekend. That is key.

SR failed to do that - in fact both GL and Thor had larger opening weekends than SR.

Thor went on to be a more successful film than SR and GL a less successful one. The follow-up was due to WOM and film quality. Thor had it, GL didn't.

But if MOS is to have any chance of getting to 230 or 240 million it needs a huge opening weekend.

That will be driven by the buzz and Snyder/WB need to control that buzz to the extent they can. As in no lame publicity stills are allowed to get out. SR had a slew of them which became the focus of jokes. GL had similar problems.

With both SR and GL the buzz got out of the studios's control and was awful by the time both films were set to premier.
Well as a Screenwriter myself, the first thing they have to have in mind when looking at the script for MOS is....."Is Superman's emotional want/goal clear?" and what is he doing that's getting in the way of that at first?

A lot of comic book films tend to forget to approach those basics, which often causes the poor quality of the film itself.

They really need one hell of a strong script to get Superman back into the great WOM that he had among the GA, and given this crappy Reboot that's going on right now with the character, this will potentially be the closest thing to the Superman that we all know and love at the time.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #50
GrVTaXNarTsT
New User - Level 0

Hi, my first post. Henry Cavill, yip could work, im hopeful, but one thing, it's important, Superman is massive, we are talking pro wrestler body type, full muscle, ripped, his suit needs to reflect this and above the 'S' should be a lower cut collar so we can recognize his pecs, Superman always has slight cleavage because his chest is so fricken big!... He is the most powerful of Superhero's after all. Plus it needs to have a darker tone than SR to hold it's own with the next Batman. That is all. Thanks

Closed Thread