The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #51
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

If they really do start filming next week, then it may be just FX-shots that dont require the cast or it may be origin- or Smallville-stuff that dont require Lex, Perry or Jimmy and as such they wouldnt have to be cast or annouced yet. Maybe there will be some MOS-presence at CC after all with casting-announcements. This reboot has surprised before.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:36 AM   #52
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

There is such a tiny, miniscule, completely unlikely possibility of at least Perry not being in this film.

I mean, I guess they could do it without Jimmy. But if your going to include the DP, it will need an editor. Period.

And I think the likelihood of the movie having no DP is slim to none.

It is still much too early to worry.

When they start filming on Metropolis sets, I'll worry. When they announce that casting is done and that is all the characters in the film, I'll freak.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #53
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I have a question, just a little question......

How would some of you feel if at some point in this series, Lex ended up killing Lois Lane?

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #54
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Anybody see the (crappy bootlegged) teaser to The Amazing Spider-man?

That last POV-sequence will surely kick ass in 3D. Pretty smart move for the teaser.
Terrible teaser. This movie has a lot to prove and after that "Eh..." Dark Knight Rises teaser had every right to blow it outta the water. It didn't. The finished product won't be that somber, but most people's first impressions will come from seeing those 2 minutes cut together...and that's not going to do anything to win over the (many) doubters.

Upon reflection that POV shot (while nice and easily the highlight of said teaser) was nothing more than a variation of the Sam-O-Cam shot in the first film when he's swinging through Manhattan for the first time via POV.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #55
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

The HD version of the Spidey trailer is on CBM right now.

It looks okay, but yeah... not really anything all that new looking. I kind of hate the POV stuff, but I've never been a fan of first-person ANYTHING (video games, shots in movies, etc.) so maybe that's just me. I agree though, it's really just the same shot of Spidey swinging around from the first Raimi movie, only from a different perspective.

The main thing I wonder is how many people in the GA don't even realize Spidey is being rebooted and when they see that trailer are going to be thinking, huh? Didn't we already see this a few years ago? It just feels too soon for an all-out reboot there, IMO. I know Superman is being rebooted only a few years after the last one, but the last Superman origin movie we got was in 1978, so it's a bit different.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #56
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

My idea for the teaser trailer:

At the start, make it look like this trailer is that of another alien invasion movie, because thats one of the IN things right now. Show Zod, Krypton with no obvious Superman symbols or icons, talk about how worthless humanity is and how the planet Earth should their's to re-populate their civilization, that know one could stop them. And then BOOM, Superman hits the screen in the closing shot.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #57
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Terrible teaser. This movie has a lot to prove and after that "Eh..." Dark Knight Rises teaser had every right to blow it outta the water. It didn't. The finished product won't be that somber, but most people's first impressions will come from seeing those 2 minutes cut together...and that's not going to do anything to win over the (many) doubters.

Upon reflection that POV shot (while nice and easily the highlight of said teaser) was nothing more than a variation of the Sam-O-Cam shot in the first film when he's swinging through Manhattan for the first time via POV.
I only now realized you ran that site when I read this, lol. I was like either someone else copy and pasted or it's the same guy. And if you are Jaimie of TMT, than you've always been reserved about this project. something about Star Trek would have crushed it or something thing...

It's a solid teaser. You probably know better than anyone what the usual teasers can and do look like. And for this to have all this footage I'd say it's a great however straight forward tease(with in movie footage). I also think the Fincher palette is a great look in this day and age. But that's enough about that in this forum.

I can't wait till Snyder cuts his teaser. I just hope he uses traditional music for one.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #58
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spiderman Teaser Trailer seems a sad "more of the same" of the old franchise.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #59
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

OMG!

Does anybody reckon that if Lex doesn't appear in MOS, but in the sequel...he won't be the businessman anymore and revert to the Bond type villain again?

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #60
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

about the Spider-Man teaser...i loved everything up until the POV sequence. i didn't HATE the POV sequence, but POV simply isn't as stunning or entertaining as seeing the person actually perform these maneuvers. that's one of my gripes about Mirror's Edge. it's an interesting game, but it's funner seeing the guys from Assassin's Creed scale buildings. regardless, i love how they're handling the new Spider-Man franchise and i can't wait to see more...

...that being said, i wouldn't mind see a POV flying sequence for Superman as long as it's not prolonged like in the Spider-Man teaser. seeing POV flying is more exciting than seeing POV parkour, but it gets old after a few seconds.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #61
kal-elrebooted
True Superman Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
OMG!

Does anybody reckon that if Lex doesn't appear in MOS, but in the sequel...he won't be the businessman anymore and revert to the Bond type villain again?
I hope that doesn't happen

Classic Costume All the Way
Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #62
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-elrebooted View Post
I hope that doesn't happen
Until we here word on Lex in MOS and the comics relaunch...I'm worried

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #63
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

I'm worried too, but I guess all we can do now is hope that the people behind this know what they're doing. It will be a huge disappointment for me though if there is no Lex... or if they make Lex some campy crook like in previous films.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #64
thatsabadoutfit
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merced View Post
Snyder and company have to get "butts into seats" opening weekend. That is key.

SR failed to do that - in fact both GL and Thor had larger opening weekends than SR.

Thor went on to be a more successful film than SR and GL a less successful one. The follow-up was due to WOM and film quality. Thor had it, GL didn't.

But if MOS is to have any chance of getting to 230 or 240 million it needs a huge opening weekend.

That will be driven by the buzz and Snyder/WB need to control that buzz to the extent they can. As in no lame publicity stills are allowed to get out. SR had a slew of them which became the focus of jokes. GL had similar problems.

With both SR and GL the buzz got out of the studios's control and was awful by the time both films were set to premier.
I don't think Superman Return's or Green Lantern's success had anything to do with early promotional photos. I think Warner Brothers as a whole has a really weak marketing department. They are always late in the game to gather interest towards their films and the trailers they make are pretty bad. The Dark Knight broke the mold because of Heath Ledger, early positive reviews, and because it's Batman. The other cash cow for WB is Harry Potter and they don't really need to do anything for that because people will show up anyway. That's the exact approach they are taking with TDKR. They aren't doing the fun viral marketing anymore because they know people will show up anyway. WB's marketing department is just bad. Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Green Lantern have suffered from it.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #65
GreenKToo
In the fire

I hate to break it to them, but if they're depending on the name superman alone to sell it, then they'll be disapponted (see S.R.). I'm hoping they know that by now.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #66
Project862006
Banned User

i have no worries of a man of steel trailer snyder has produced some of the best trailers for his films

300 and Watchmen teaser's were fantastic

Old 07-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #67
Marvin
Side-Kick

The big clash earlier in the year will allow superman to fly under the radar as far as the genre's concerned. I expect a super sweet trailer to be attached to the big batman release.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #68
Slowtime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Really? Terrible?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #69
Marvin
Side-Kick

double

Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #70
Sabaoth
Master

That shot of Bane was pretty awful.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #71
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
That shot of Bane was pretty awful.
With nolan it's always about context. His actually visuals are run of the mill, always have been. If that was a james bond trailer it wouldn't matter how big the bad guy was...if it was captain america same deal. But nolans batman backing up from a guy less than twice his size and the internet stops.

gotta hand it to him.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #72
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

I thought that this was kind of interesting, I went to the website that indicates where filming is going to take place in Chicago next week and they have a picture of the and thought it was a little different take on the shield. So I'm wondering if this could possibly be our first look at the shield? I know it's probably a longshot, but here it is....

The website with a little bit of information on filming....http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...omment-page-1/

Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #73
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Unlikely. That looks like something they could have pulled from anywhere on the internet. One glance and you should know it's not related to the movie.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #74
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.

I'd take that with a HUUUUUGE grain of salt but its ok. The yellow just needs to be more golden or yellow than green-yellow thing.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #75
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I thought that this was kind of interesting, I went to the website that indicates where filming is going to take place in Chicago next week and they have a picture of the and thought it was a little different take on the shield. So I'm wondering if this could possibly be our first look at the shield? I know it's probably a longshot, but here it is....

The website with a little bit of information on filming....http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...omment-page-1/
That's the worst shield I've ever seen. Looks like the artist was tripping or simply has no real skill.