Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #101
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It's seems like WB's may have indeed learned a lesson by rushing out Green Lantern.

I dont see how 8 or 9 months of post-production is rushing things in MOS case. I dont think the release-change has anything to do with the schedule.
I dont think that they're planning major rewrites either as a result of the change.
I think it's mainly because of the Hobbit and possibly TDKR and also to some extent the 75th anniversary.

I wonder how long they have known about changing the release. You would think they would've pushed back the shooting as well.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #102
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I think they moved it because they want to pad the stats on 2013 and they want to make sure they don't want it competing with their own movie, the Hobbit. There is nothing in June right now, so it is a good spot.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #103
GreenKToo
In the fire

I don't mind the move as long as things dont get slow with info..I'd hate a several month news drought, as would everyone else here.
That said, with filming supposedly starting up anyway, I think/hope we'll get our fix.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #104
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I do hope I am still alive by the time this gets released....

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #105
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
You might not be. There was a typo in the initial report in Variety. It should have read:
Zack Snyder's 'Man of Steel' to hit theaters June 14, 3012

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #106
KRIM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think they moved it because they want to pad the stats on 2013 and they want to make sure they don't want it competing with their own movie, the Hobbit. There is nothing in June right now, so it is a good spot.
So should we expect anything to change in terms of production? Budget, vfx, story?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #107
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I dont see how 8 or 9 months of post-production is rushing things in MOS case. I dont think the release-change has anything to do with the schedule.
I dont think that they're planning major rewrites either as a result of the change.
I think it's mainly because of the Hobbit and possibly TDKR and also to some extent the 75th anniversary.

I wonder how long they have known about changing the release. You would think they would've pushed back the shooting as well.

Having more breathing room, especially on a project like this is always a good thing IMO. There will be more time to get the script right, more time for SVX and CGI post work and editing. Plus releasing the film during Supermans 75th Anniversary month is a wise move. This will also allow more time to promote the film and create buzz. I also have a feeling this will allow Mr. Nolan to be involved more and oversee the post production and editing process.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #108
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post

Some people are acting like by extending the release date 6 months is more like it is being extended 6 years!? Sheesh!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #109
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Nolan leaves Man of Steel in Snyder's hands:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10049

Old 07-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #110
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

This doesn't sound like anything new, but I'm sure people will misinterpret it all over again and get upset all over again.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #111
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

yeah...that's not really news. they said they handed it off to Snyder and it's in his hands several months ago. thanks for the article though, SuperDaniel.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #112
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
he left back in October of last year but people still want to think he is more involved than what he really is...and he's not. This is nothing new to me. I've been telling people here for a while that this is a SNYDER film...NOT a NOLAN film

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #113
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, not news. But my God, I better not have to wait another two years to find out what this brilliant idea was that Nolan and Goyer had that they "couldn't believe wasn't being explored by Warner Brothers." I think if I read that sentence one more time in a news story I'm going to smash my head through a computer screen.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #114
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Some people are acting like by extending the release date 6 months is more like it is being extended 6 years!? Sheesh!
Two year wait is a long time... I might get run over by a truck, fall off a cliff, eat some bad dates. The list of potential life ending disasters is limitless

Hang on, does this help?

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 AM   #115
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post

The link just brings me to the front page. Anyone care to relink maybe?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #116
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
he left back in October of last year but people still want to think he is more involved than what he really is...and he's not. This is nothing new to me. I've been telling people here for a while that this is a SNYDER film...NOT a NOLAN film
The only time Nolan fans will accept that this is a Snyder film, is if it bombs.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #117
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

This is not Snyder's movie. This is not Nolan's movie. It's a collaboration and thank god for that. Not that hard to understand really. If anything it's WB's movie.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #118
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

How much do you want to bet when the opening credits roll it will say "a film by Zack Snyder". Not, "a collaboration between Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan"

Old 07-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #119
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

And Rust, they article said it's not a collaboration...it's a Zack Snyder film

Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #120
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
This is not Snyder's movie. This is not Nolan's movie. It's a collaboration and thank god for that. Not that hard to understand really. If anything it's WB's movie.

And she made it clear that in the case of "Superman," Nolan and David Goyer just had an idea they couldn't believe wasn't being explored by Warner Bros.* And with Zack Snyder now on board as director, Nolan will be busy making "The Dark Knight Rises" and "we are handing it off to him."* So, take note anyone out there thinking this will be a strange Nolan/Snyder partnership.* Thomas reiterated that they brought it to an appropriate screenplay and it's now Snyder's picture.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #121
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yes, I'm very much aware that Snyder took over after Nolan went off to do TDKR and Goyer's writing Godzilla.
I implyed that it's not Snyder's movie alone. He's only directing it, or "herding" it if you will, but without Nolan and Goyer, who came up with the story, there wouldnt have been a MOS in the first place. And then there's the contributing writers as well.

Last edited by Rust; 07-23-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #122
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Yes, I'm very much aware that Snyder took over after Nolan went off to do TDKR and Goyer's writing Godzilla.
I implyed that it's not Snyder's movie alone. He's only directing it, or "herding" it if you will, but without Nolan and Goyer, who came up with the story, there wouldnt have been a MOS in the first place. And then there's the contributing writers as well.
I got ya now...I think I may have misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry for the confusion

Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #123
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

No prob. I think that happens a lot in here I'm afraid.
Just got tired of the whole "Snyder's movie / Nolan's movie" when it's clearly a combined effort.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #124
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
No prob. I think that happens a lot in here I'm afraid.
Just got tired of the whole "Snyder's movie / Nolan's movie" when it's clearly a combined effort.
Of course...but I still don't see where some people are getting this idea that Nolan is more involved than what he is. It boggles my mind that people try so hard to make something into something it isn't....it's madness! Like I said earlier. If it soars in the box office people will give the credit to Nolan...if it flops and is DOA people will blame Snyder and it's not right

Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #125
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I'm not on that band-waggon at all. Must be an age-thing.

I'll just blame everybody if it fails.

But yeah, I guess no one has the full picture of Nolan's exact involvment other than producing. I sure hope he put his edgy finger on Goyer's take and also helped with the substance and the drama.