The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #126
Godman
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
You're bringing TDK into this...sigh.
why not, it got the Comic Book genre right as it left the hokey poke on the cutting room floor and brought us the dramatic fleshed out realm that comic books derive from to begin with rather than the biff pow era marvel seem to be reviving smh. I expect high quality film making...not generic. Thats why i use TDK, because it set a high standard in which i now expect from all adaptations and if i dont get that i will not be satisfied nor act it

Godman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #127
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman View Post
why not, it got the Comic Book genre right as it left the hokey poke on the cutting room floor and brought us the dramatic fleshed out realm that comic books derive from to begin with rather than the biff pow era marvel seem to be reviving smh. I expect high quality film making...not generic. Thats why i use TDK, because it set a high standard in which i now expect from all adaptations and if i dont get that i will not be satisfied nor act it
oh one of those

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 AM   #128
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
cause captain america was fighting for the allies and the Skull was working for the Nazi's....do you need it spelled out what makes one evil when they are a Nazi?
why are the nazi's evil in this movie? we were not given a reasoning as to why, and we were not given a reason as to why skull had no loyalty to hitler and why he would turn on his own country as such...why???!!! no dynamis whatsoever.

so if Cap America happened to be Captain germany the americans would have been the evil ones? these are the arcs that i need to be explored within two hours and not a collage meshup of mediocre sequences that add nothing to the character development

Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 AM   #129
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
The ending is one of the more genuinely emotional moments i've seen in a CBM.
I think Thor's ending is emotional too when Loki falls down and Jane stares blankly into the sky. I hope Iron Man 3 ending won't be as emo. It would be jarring to see Tony Stark goes emo.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #130
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
again have you read a Captain America comic???
I shouldnt have to. I went to watch a film and not a comic book. I never read one lord of the rings book, nor ever read an ironman book, but they seemed to have gotten their message across without CAMP!!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #131
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

I'm glad this movie had "Camp".
It was the tone I wanted. Like classic Indiana Jones.
My opinion. It was well done. The character calls for it.
If anything, my only complaint was that the movie was too short.

captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #132
shogunrua
Side-Kick

Quote:
why are the nazi's evil in this movie? we were not given a reasoning as to why, and we were not given a reason as to why skull had no loyalty to hitler and why he would turn on his own country as such...why???!!! no dynamis whatsoever.

so if Cap America happened to be Captain germany the americans would have been the evil ones? these are the arcs that i need to be explored within two hours and not a collage meshup of mediocre sequences that add nothing to the character development
I stopped reading after this one sentence

Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #133
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
cause captain america was fighting for the allies and the Skull was working for the Nazi's....do you need it spelled out what makes one evil when they are a Nazi?
really he trained in boot camp to become as good as james bond in combat or as slick as any free runner? really? thats what u saw in boot camp? i saw him ****ing up all the time besides the flag, which was no skill about it.

Gosh debating fan boys kills me. Superman is an ALIEN and we do not understand the dynamics of his powers as they are alien and we cant argue with what we dont understand.

Captain america is just a slightly enhanced human who like any other marksman, would have to train vigorously in order to pull of the angles etc with his shield and also on earth we understand METAL as its a solid that does not have RUBBER bounce qualities, so how was metal able to bounce of metal at such high speeds and come back to cap am? bullets ricochet, and that would be some robocop calculations or something to make the bullets bounce precisely to hit a target after the bounce, so how did captain america make that sheilld bounce off surfaces and come right back??? when did he train to do this? Hell, even the XMEN trained and spent a good time doing so...i dont recall the experiment in CA coming with a skill set. smh

Old 07-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #134
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

CBMovie, our site goes through some down periods really late at night. It will come back eventually . I think it is like a daily maitenance routine.

Also, NewsCorp. is a big multimedia conglomerate. They own all of Fox TV, 20th Century Fox, and a lot of newspapers in the UK. One newspaper is now being accused of hacking into phones of people and apparently 9/11 victims which is why the story is getting even more attention here in the US. Rupert Murdoch was called to speak before Parliament on the accusations as he's the head honcho.

But I mean for example, some time ago a NY Times journalist named Jaysen Blair was caught falsifying stories for the paper. So I mean, this was the only instance that was brought to light. If NY Times published fake stories here how do we know they didn't do it before?

I think my basic point is, we should scrutinize the credibility of the sort. We shouldn't believe or take everything we see at face value. And there is a paper trail where we have to follow the money. It is no secret why a POS movie like Catwoman of all things gets a cover story in EW. Everyone smelled a turd on that one but it still got a big cover story. Not only that, the reviewer of the movie gave it a B- grade even though the review was deemed "ROTTEN" by Rotten Tomatoes and the content didn't really suggest a B- rating. Also let me clarify that Catwoman came out in 2004, this was well before the Time Warner buyout of RT.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #135
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

lol comparing TDK to any origin story, the whole reason the Joker got so much development time was because they didn't have to explain how Batman came to be.

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #136
roach
I am the night

Quote:

I am sorry you didnt like the film...however I dont see any need to continue the discussion as it will both get us no where...good day

Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 AM   #137
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunrua View Post
I continued on just outta morbid curiousity. But, hey, this movie won't be for everyone.
I went in expecting CAPTAIN AMERICA.
SOME seem to go in expecting a certain other character.
I got a good movie that just happened to gel with a vibe of Indy. I won't expect all my CBMs to conform to the Bat,only those characters that call for it.
And Nazis were just.....bad in general. Just, take our word for it, k?

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #138
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

How much ******* exposition do you want in these movies?!

Yeah, let's have a 5 minute scene showing how Dum Dum grew his famous stache...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #139
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am sorry you didnt like the film...however I dont see any need to continue the discussion as it will both get us no where...good day
Shouldn't you guys be having your little back and forth in the fan review thread? But it appears to be over by now so whatevers.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #140
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
enlightened people see all perspectives of every war and understand them. may not agree, but one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. learn to see beyond cliche ideals formulated by ur governments for their own personal war benefits. Its the devil god complex...satan actually tells more tuth in the bible than god himself, also satan is a revolutionary who is freeing the angels from slavery of the highest dictator.

just a perspective. I was given a paper once to write from hitler's perspective without p painting him evil and it was tough until i learned the point of the home work. understand EACH side of the story and why who does what when they do it. I understood why the joker did what he did. it was all clearly explained and drilled into our heads as was the villain in watchmen. the best villins are those who dont consider themselves villains, but see the hero as the bad guy. those are some SCARY villains.

hitler thought he was liberating germany and in essence he did...i mean he created social security lol...

Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 AM   #141
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

CBMovie, there might be nothing to your story. However, there is nothing wrong with scrutinizing and testing Rotten Tomatoes.

We should scrutinize them now that they are under ownership of their Time Warner masters. If you have time, I'd say follow the story and even post an update regarding their Tweets. It is clear they have taken notice of your story. Also, as I said earlier, the folks at Marvel also have. I mentioned the story to both producers (Feige and D'Esposito) and they both knew the story and had read it. So they are following it as well.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #142
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Shouldn't you guys be having your little back and forth in the fan review thread? But it appears to be over by now so whatevers.
I apologize....my bad

Old 07-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #143
Hiraga

I would just like to say that I'm incredibly excited to see this movie. It's my most anticipated movie of the year, and I'm sure I'm going to love it to death!

Nice to finally join these boards, I've been a frequent visitor for quite a long time now!

Hiraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #144
shogunrua
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
lol comparing TDK to any origin story, the whole reason the Joker got so much development time was because they didn't have to explain how Batman came to be.
what character development ? I thought that what made Joker such a nice character was that he lacks character completely, he just "do" things like he says he's more like a force of nature, an "agent of chaos", that made him completely unpredictable and dangerous. But why does he do what he does? what's his motivation besides just a nice challenge? I didn't see any of that in that movie.

TDK is a really nicely made movie, but no it didn't set any standard for the superhero genre, or maybe just the realistic angle hollywood so much thrives on these days. I think the grandfather of the superhero genre is Donner's Superman. By the way, TDK is full of inconsistencies.

Anway, I can't wait to see Cap

Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #145
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Quote:
enlightened people see all perspectives of every war and understand them. may not agree, but one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. learn to see beyond cliche ideals formulated by ur governments for their own personal war benefits. Its the devil god complex...satan actually tells more tuth in the bible than god himself, also satan is a revolutionary who is freeing the angels from slavery of the highest dictator.

just a perspective. I was given a paper once to write from hitler's perspective without p painting him evil and it was tough until i learned the point of the home work. understand EACH side of the story and why who does what when they do it. I understood why the joker did what he did. it was all clearly explained and drilled into our heads as was the villain in watchmen. the best villins are those who dont consider themselves villains, but see the hero as the bad guy. those are some SCARY villains.

hitler thought he was liberating germany and in essence he did...i mean he created social security lol...
Ok, you're looking too far into it now.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #146
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
I continued on just outta morbid curiousity. But, hey, this movie won't be for everyone.
I went in expecting CAPTAIN AMERICA.
SOME seem to go in expecting a certain other character.
I got a good movie that just happened to gel with a vibe of Indy. I won't expect all my CBMs to conform to the Bat,only those characters that call for it.
And Nazis were just.....bad in general. Just, take our word for it, k?
take ur word for nazis being bad like how people took obamas and bushes word about the evil iraq people who didnt ask to be invaded and got bombed for oil and called terrorists when in essence they werent the ones dropping tons of ammo and bombs in foreign countries? lol

i know why the nazis were considered bad, but i also see the same reasons in ALL regimes that think their cause is righteous just like AMERICA.

red skull was germanies weapon and cap am was americas. who is to say one is right and one is wrong? both sides are fighting for victory over the other no matter the methods.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #147
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Ok, you're looking too far into it now.
probably what they told chris nolan when he pitched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight...WB saw that people are capable of a lil thinking here and there too...not just seat fillers from snazzy trailers.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #148
Hiraga

Quote:
take ur word for nazis being bad like how people took obamas and bushes word about the evil iraq people who didnt ask to be invaded and got bombed for oil and called terrorists when in essence they werent the ones dropping tons of ammo and bombs in foreign countries? lol

i know why the nazis were considered bad, but i also see the same reasons in ALL regimes that think their cause is righteous just like AMERICA.

red skull was germanies weapon and cap am was americas. who is to say one is right and one is wrong? both sides are fighting for victory over the other no matter the methods.

Hiraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #149
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
what character development ? I thought that what made Joker such a nice character was that he lacks character completely, he just "do" things like he says he's more like a force of nature, an "agent of chaos", that made him completely unpredictable and dangerous. But why does he do what he does? what's his motivation besides just a nice challenge? I didn't see any of that in that movie.

TDK is a really nicely made movie, but no it didn't set any standard for the superhero genre, or maybe just the realistic angle hollywood so much thrives on these days. I think the grandfather of the superhero genre is Donner's Superman. By the way, TDK is full of inconsistencies.

Anway, I can't wait to see Cap
when i say character development i mean all the time they were able to focus on him and his crazy games. A luxury only afforded because we didn't have Batman's origin to worry about

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04 AM   #150
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

This is going to be a long night..lol

What's funny is that I just realized, most our posts would fit more better in the "Regular Review" thread instead of the critics one.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote