The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 07-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #176
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Default Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2

Why are you guys even talking to 'Godman'? He's trolling. Ignore him.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #177
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium Man View Post
Why are you guys even talking to 'Godman'? He's trolling. Ignore him.
Insurance policy so that future Trolls and narration blind people have everything explained so that by the time they troll, they'll sound like a broken record.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #178
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Lol, okay. XD

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #179
shinlyle
King of the Haters

I'm not feeding this troll. He speaks of intelligence, yet has horrible grammer and spelling. A troll by the very definition. He's arguing about a movie sucking after the critics have aproved it. It's like trying to write over a name on the Stanley Cup with a crayon.

That being said, I have about a day until I get to watch this....can't wait! Looks like everyone is applauding Evans's performance as Cap, which was my main concern. He's going to be leading the Avengers into battle next year, and they need an actor who can portray a strong Cap. It's good to know they found one.

Check out my art!
http://shinlyle.deviantart.com/
shinlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #180
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman View Post
thats the problem. im not a ten year old anymore who believes in the ******** peddled by the higher ups, i am a dynamic based thinker as all adults should be well into their twenties and up. we now know in wisdom of age that there is no such thing as black and white perspectives and especially a "free world" so that, i guess, was my beef. there are way more layers to explore. Watchmen really nailed the dynamics of good and evil and why not all evil is bad and not all good id actually beneficial.

CA never touched on none of this. it was, here are the baddies and we have to stop them.
You're not a ten year old anymore, eh? No, that was a whole two years ago for ya, wasn't it? You were so much older then, you're younger than that now.

News flash for ya: not every movie subscribes to your "shades of grey" outlook on life. That kind of attitude is great for movies that aspire to high art and meaningful social commentary. Nolan can afford to do this with Batman because it's a crime drama, which by nature deals with the evil in men's souls.

Captain America is NOT a crime drama. It's a war movie. And more to the point, it's a GOLDEN AGE war movie. The movie is a deliberate (and necessary) homage to the 40s-50s All-American War Hero John Wayne flicks. As such, there should be NO shades of grey here at all --- just plain old two-fisted good guys vs. bad guys. No need for all the psychobabble and social commentary.

But hey, if it makes you feel any better, Captain America in the modern age DOES deal with all those wonderful shades of grey you love so much. You need wait only one more year for The Avengers to start seeing a Cap who has to rethink his old-fashioned ways and realize that things in the 21st century aren't nearly as cut-and-dried as they were in WWII.

cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #181
Grommers
Side-Kick

i came in this thread looking for reviews.

instead I find a discussion on how evil red skull really is?

Grommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #182
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman View Post
i stans corrected...this is one of the great attributes of being mature. we accept our faults. For the first time i stand corrected about RT. I still have a huge fear about how i may feel after midnight showing since it has been compared to Thor by many or slightly better and to me that is far from a good thing as Thor is MEDIOCRE as hell. I personally am not a fan of comic book movies that are not above 80% ive realised. I tried to like Thor, but yeesh it was too campy for me and i pray Cap Am isnt that way too. based on the clips im not impressed at all, but lets see.

Like why would those guys with the flame throwers just surround him with fire instead of straight up roast him head on. he couldnt have survived that so i dont get it in movies sometimes how they give up logic for a cool angle or what not. anyway...we'll see. ill be honest about my feelings on it after a viewing
Obviously you feel pretty stupid right now, for all the crying and moaning you were doing about this scene

They didn't roast Cap because Skull personally wanted to kill him.

People should really not make assumptions or cry and moan about scenes in movies until actually seeing the damn movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #183
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Obviously you feel pretty stupid right now
This is the story of godman's life.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #184
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

People...do not answer Godman's posts...

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #185
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Overall, guys. I really don't understand many of the complanints from the critics. I absoloute loved the film, and even though it's not the best, it really was damn fantastic, if you ask me.

This film felt like a comic book, with changes obviously, but overall, it had a comic booky feeling and that's just what I wanted.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #186
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
Overall, guys. I really don't understand many of the complanints from the critics. I absoloute loved the film, and even though it's not the best, it really was damn fantastic, if you ask me.

This film felt like a comic book, with changes obviously, but overall, it had a comic booky feeling and that's just what I wanted.
If I get a movie that's like the love child of The Rocketeer and Raiders of the Lost Ark I'm pretty sure I'll love it like it's my first born. Doesn't even have to be perfect.

And from what I've heard from some of the top critics, it has the pulpy cornball feel of the 40's that I've been dying to see again on screen.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #187
Hunter Rider
Ronin

C Lee said not to respond to Godman, so why are some of you still doing it? you're just making things worse, ignore him.

I've removed the posts, lets get this back on track.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #188
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
C Lee said not to respond to Godman, so why are some of you still doing it? you're just making things worse, ignore him.

I've removed the posts, lets get this back on track.
because some things need to be said. I hope you do not remove my post.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #189
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
because some things need to be said. I hope you do not remove my post.
Nothing needs to be said to a troll who's only purpose is to get people to respond to him. He's on probation and wont be back for a week, so lets move on.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #190
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nothing needs to be said to a troll who's only purpose is to get people to respond to him. He's on probation and wont be back for a week, so lets move on.
You know, I put alot of time and effort into that post, and i meant it for more than just godman... and now you just deleted it... why? Can you please put it back. I don't want to feel I like just wasted 20 minutes on this board today.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #191
marcvader
Lurker #1

Thanks mods, that dude is annoying to the extreme.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #192
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
You know, I put alot of time and effort into that post, and i meant it for more than just godman... and now you just deleted it... why? Can you please put it back. I don't want to feel I like just wasted 20 minutes on this board today.
Two mods clearly pointed out not to respond to the troll and yet you just ignored us completely, me deleting it was a light response to blatant disrespect.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #193
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Two mods clearly pointed out not to respond to the troll and yet you just ignored us completely, me deleting it was a light response to blatant disrespect.
Could it be that I didn't see those posts? Because I didn't. I was still back on the other page prior to seeing those posts. You want to talk about disrepect? Jeez man, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what was in my post, and you just deleted it. The points that Godman made that I was replying too were not even trolling points, they were actually good points, that had a good reply, granted, not all of his posts have been that way. I'll ask again, please put it back. The points I was making about the Captain America movie have come up here quite often, and they are points that many people seem to be forgetting. I can understand moderating trolling posts off the thread, but I can't see deleting posts that had good points.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #194
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Just saw this seems to have settled in the upper 70's among the top critics. That's very good news. I was also surprised to see the New York critics give it praise. This movie's climb in the tomatometer, as well as what's been specifically praised by the majority, has got me feeling confident in my excitement. Can't wait to see it tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get a review in the other thread at some point this weekend.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #195
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Digital Spy - 2/5
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/rev...er-review.html

Film.com - C- (Negative)
http://www.film.com/movies/review-ca...e-and-succeeds

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #196
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Also, not only is this, I think, Chris Evans highest RT movie, but isn't this also Joe Johnston's best reviewed movie? I've seen from a couple of RT top critics (maybe AO Scott) that JJ directed this like he had something to prove.

As I've liked more of JJ's movies than not, this makes me happy.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #197
marvelman2006
Banned User

This movie was ok, nothing spectacular but it sure as heck leaves alot to be desired. For some reason I just think Johnston didnt bring his A game to this project. The action just felt lifeless and really had no emotion in it at all except for maybe the final battle between red skull and cap. The cgi was so over the top it just took me out of the movie and made me think "well tommy lee jones the girl and chris are safe in there car surrounded by green screen chasing after the plane. I really expected more and it is no where near as bad or disappointing as say wolverine or to some extent ironman 2 but it just comes off as if they played it too safe. I heard they wanted a sequel to this after avengers but I dont see how you do one in world war 2 since they basically covered it all in one movie and where the heck were the nazis?

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #198
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Also, not only is this, I think, Chris Evans highest RT movie, but isn't this also Joe Johnston's best reviewed movie?
For Evans as the sole lead of a film, yes. For Johnston no, that would be October Sky which has a 90% rating.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #199
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
For Evans as the sole lead of a film, yes. For Johnston no, that would be October Sky which has a 90% rating.
Really? I always thought OS was good, but that critics didn't like it. Awesome.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #200
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Could it be that I didn't see those posts? Because I didn't. I was still back on the other page prior to seeing those posts. You want to talk about disrepect? Jeez man, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what was in my post, and you just deleted it. The points that Godman made that I was replying too were not even trolling points, they were actually good points, that had a good reply, granted, not all of his posts have been that way. I'll ask again, please put it back. The points I was making about the Captain America movie have come up here quite often, and they are points that many people seem to be forgetting. I can understand moderating trolling posts off the thread, but I can't see deleting posts that had good points.
Just let it rest, peterparker0077.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote