The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #51
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
The first person game trailers look cool...but I don't like first person superhero games. I want to fully see the hero I'm playing as.

Exactly....one of the main appeals (and probably THE main appeal) of superheroes is the costume. Epic wars have been fought over costume changes.

Making a first-person view of Cap, Hulk, Thor, Spidey, Bats, Supes or anybody else defeats the purpose. What's the point in having a cool costume if you can't see it in the game?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #52
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

You see it in-game. During takedown moments.

Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #53
TheDragonator
Banned User

All signs seem to point to a Lego Avengers game. With the original version cancelled, Marvel having a license with LEGO, I'd be shocked if they DIDN'T make one. PoTC got a Lego game around the same time the film came out, which is the same month Avengers will come out. Lego PoTC was announced in November, so hopefully Lego Avengers will get an announcement this November.

TheDragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #54
Nathan

That would be a game I skip.

Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #55
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonator View Post
All signs seem to point to a Lego Avengers game. With the original version cancelled, Marvel having a license with LEGO, I'd be shocked if they DIDN'T make one. PoTC got a Lego game around the same time the film came out, which is the same month Avengers will come out. Lego PoTC was announced in November, so hopefully Lego Avengers will get an announcement this November.
It would be cool to play as characters you wouldn't often get a chance to play as but I think Marvel needs to stop playing in the kiddie pool and take themselves seriously and make an Avengers game that's Arkham City standard. It doesn't have to be out in time for the movie, or even a tie in. They just have to do it once.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
It would be cool to play as characters you wouldn't often get a chance to play as but I think Marvel needs to stop playing in the kiddie pool and take themselves seriously and make an Avengers game that's Arkham City standard. It doesn't have to be out in time for the movie, or even a tie in. They just have to do it once.

What's wrong with playing in the kiddie pool? Games/toons/toys like Super Hero Squad and LEGO (Anything) turn on a whole new generation to Marvel, and ensure longevity of the brand. I want to see some M-rated (or at least T-rated) Marvel games, too, but I've got no problem with them targeting kiddies, either --- in fact, I encourage it.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #57
Silvermoth
Avenger

That would all be fine if the games weren't complete trash, playable for just one weekend and then quickly discarded. Marvel needs to make something that's actually worthy of their brand, not just something that spams the market. If it had something that would last a bit longer and a bit more satisfying, everyone would be a winner.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #58
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

The Lego games may be kiddy, but they're very fun. I'd buy a Marvel Lego game in an instant.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #59
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
The Lego games may be kiddy, but they're very fun. I'd buy a Marvel Lego game in an instant.
Yup, me too.
LEGO is a solid brand across all ages, with a global market. The toys and the video games have all been very popular, and a LEGO Avengers game would be just as popular. It may not have the level of "maturity" that some people want, but having the Avengers join a highly popular, highly profitable franchise is not "spamming the market," in the least bit.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #60
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Found something sweet, that's connected to the cancelled THQ game - marketing & gameplay strategy:

* Introduction
* Main Menu
* Features
* Why People Should Replay

* 1st Person Combat
* Co-Op & Offline Gameplay
* Art Direction
* Character Progression

* Fans (Audience) Expectations
* DLC Proposed Release Plan (Oh, boy!)
* Story Overview
* Additional SKU

* Release Dates
* Storytelling & Easter Eggs
* Environments

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

After reading all of this, I have this incredible feeling of when something dear to me is being taken away by both Marvel and the developers of (what seems to be another mediocre tie-in) Battle for Earth game.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 06-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #62
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

If only:

But life always has its dark twists and turns:

Old 06-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #63
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

That game seemed very promising. I'm sad it didn't live to see the light of day.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #64
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
That game seemed very promising. I'm sad it didn't live to see the light of day.
Exactly! I loved the test footage a lot, but wasn't convinced till the very end, but once I've read the marketing plan - I understood what THQ & other talented guys tried to achieve... something unique, brave and bold.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #65
MrWayne
Risen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
If only:

But life always has its dark twists and turns:

Agreed. The story lines are there. The characters are endless. The platform and graphic options are all there as well.

They could very easily make a game similar to a GOW format. Either Gear of or God of War would work imo. We would get to see the characters rendered in good detail and allowing them to perform all of their familiar and popular abilities, signature moves.

Easier wished than done I guess.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #66
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

True, true... Sigh, perhaps Marvel will face the rain and finally man up closer to the sequel.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
Donut

Quote:
After reading all of this, I have this incredible feeling of when something dear to me is being taken away by both Marvel and the developers of (what seems to be another mediocre tie-in) Battle for Earth game.
MARVEL / Disney seems to be all about the kid fans now

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #68
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Quote:
*sigh* This could have been amazing.

G D
H S
T
Y
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #69
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored View Post
*sigh* This could have been amazing.
It's good to know, that the developers have actually paid attention to what fans have to say about the previous Marvel-related games, what worked and what didn't. It shows some respect and dedication to the players and fans (us), even if we didn't get that sweet piece of cake in the end.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #70
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Just the very thought of blasting the Skrull through the head makes me all excited... for something, that I'll never be able to play. If only Bendis (one of a few, who actually owns THQ's Avengers) could make several copies of the game and sell it worldwide))

Old 06-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #71
TheSkyCracker
Side-Kick

Man, what a shame. Hopefully the dev team for the Iron Man 3 game can pick up on some of the plans/ideas from this one.

TheSkyCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #72
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

As long as they don't pick up on the 1st person gameplay. That was a horrible idea.

Iron Man 3 should be kinda like a mixture of the Green Lantern game and Marvel Ultimate Alliance(without the alliance) games. Levels where you have to go from point A to point B with limited flight, and then flight levels. No sandlots and don't try to make Iron Man into a flight simulator wannabe.

And for the love of all that's good and holy, please get the repulsor blasts right in the game. No game, apart from Captain America and the Avengers arcade game has gotten his repulsor blasts correctly.

Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #73
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

You know I quite miss Captain America and the Avengers. Has it ever gotten a DLC remake yet?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #74
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

It's really sad that game was scrapped. An Avenger FPS would have been cool. I'm also really disappointed in what I'm reading about Marvel Heroes, basically being a Diablo style game set in multiplayer. That's not really a Marvel MMO as was promised.

Champions Online was originally going to be Marvel Online, until Marvel pulled the funding, then Cryptic Studios had to scramble and it became Champions Online.

I hope someone can make a cool console game with Avengers, but they may have missed the boat. But it may not be a big deal since most movie based video games suck.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #75
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Right now, I'm happy with the Two Ultimate Alliance games.
I couldn't afford a new game, besides, my kids just got me Skyrim for my Birthday, Fathers day this year, and X-mas last year....I have plenty to do as it is lol

I still think they should develope a game you can pit YOUR team against someone else's team, by Transporting it from your system to another on a memory card.
Have some back story where worlds and time periods are merging and the different teams are pitted against each other, so you can play characters like KING Thor against Rune Thor, or even Odin Against Rune Thor. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote