Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #76
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
MARVEL / Disney seems to be all about the kid fans now
...what's that supposed to mean? You think that kids aren't very discriminating when it comes to video games? My 10-year old knows junk when he sees it, and he refuses to play poor quality video games, just like most kids.

I'm not real excited about Marvel MMO/Heroes or Avengers Battle for Earth, either, but this THQ scrapped game does nothing for me, either. First-person superheroing is a terrible idea, considering that a huge chunk of the appeal of the genre is seeing the costumes (and all their many alternates).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #77
Nathan

Maybe there could have been an option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person view, like Skyrim. I wouldn't call the 1st person view exactly horrible, because from what we've seen so far, it looked like one of the more ambitious superhero games out there. Looked pretty solid too. And it's not like we would have never gotten to see the costumes, there were obviously plenty of takedown moves, that gave you a good view of your character, not to mention the cutscenes the game would have provided.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #78
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

I don't really see this Avengers: Battle for Earth game as a game that I'll be anticipating, because quite frankly I was hoping for a Batman: Arkham Asylum-esque game but it will allow you to choose multiple Avengers to fight in NYC, and even team-up with other players via multiplayer mode. I thought after they took the rights away from Sega, we'll be getting some great games soon, but I guess we have to keep waiting.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #79
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Ubisoft is a great developer, but hopefully they'll stop with this boring shovelware.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #80
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I don't really see this Avengers: Battle for Earth game as a game that I'll be anticipating, because quite frankly I was hoping for a Batman: Arkham Asylum-esque game but it will allow you to choose multiple Avengers to fight in NYC, and even team-up with other players via multiplayer mode. I thought after they took the rights away from Sega, we'll be getting some great games soon, but I guess we have to keep waiting.
That's what I want to have, too. I love Arkham Asylum because of it's story and the fight coreography. Although I like the design of the Avengers game I'm not really a friend of the first person concept.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #81
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I loved the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance....even a third one would be welcomed by me

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #82
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well TFA tried to be an Arkham Asylum clone. Wasn't all that successful.

Thor tried to be a God of War clone and was well . . . horrendous.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #83
Nathan

Well, to be fair, they were cheap movie tie-ins, with minimal development time. That's why I'm even more annoyed that the Avengers game was canceled. It didn't try to rip-off other successful games, instead trying to do it's own unique thing, with solid gameplay and from the looks of if a decent amount of development time and it just got canned.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #84
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

THQ Apparently Has A New President

Maybe, just maybe The Avengers game we could have gotten might be made? Probably not, but maybe since there is a new President we can have hope?

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #85
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
...what's that supposed to mean? You think that kids aren't very discriminating when it comes to video games
I think Marvel and Disney can definitely count on the target audience begging their parents for it, regardless of whether it's a POS or not.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #86
Drizzle
Yo Soy Groot.

Anyone else find it funny that neither of the two highest grossing superhero films of all time had a video game tie-in to go along with it?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #87
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I loved the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance....even a third one would be welcomed by me
Me too Tho I wish you could take your own team and pit them against someone else's team via the memory card.

It'll never happen. Meh

Tho right NOW I've been Playing Skyrim, (not to be confused with R.I.M. in the sky ) I'm just loving this game. I love games you can Free-roam pratically anywhere you can reach.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #88
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Anyone else find it funny that neither of the two highest grossing superhero films of all time had a video game tie-in to go along with it?
heh at first I misread this and Thought, "there wasn't a Titanic game" lol oy ve I need coffee.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #89
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Me too Tho I wish you could take your own team and pit them against someone else's team via the memory card.

It'll never happen. Meh

Tho right NOW I've been Playing Skyrim, (not to be confused with R.I.M. in the sky ) I'm just loving this game. I love games you can Free-roam pratically anywhere you can reach.
I love free-roaming games too. That's why some of my favorite games are GTA and RDR. I wish they'd give us more superhero games that let you free-roam like Spider-Man games.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #90
Synaptic Flow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
After reading all of this, I have this incredible feeling of when something dear to me is being taken away by both Marvel and the developers of (what seems to be another mediocre tie-in) Battle for Earth game.
Yeah. We can't have something that looks awesome. We get the childish Ubisoft Kinect Avengers game instead. When it doesn't sell well (and I think it won't) Disney/Marvel will be even less likely to make a unique Avengers game like the THQ one. They won't realize that it's their own fault for killing the THQ game.

Synaptic Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #91
AcidMage
Newbie First Class

That cancelled game looks pretty cool. The trouble with tie-in and franchise-based games is that, in my opinion, it often starts the process at the wrong part - the story. The plot of a video game is important, but it is second fiddle to the gameplay. This is why a lot of video games based on films and the like end up being generic action/adventure titles, because the makers aren't exactly working on their babies, and they have less room to move. The greatest video game characters are born of the game mechanics' borders, not the other way around.

That being said, this looks to have been a legitimately decent game - perhaps the engine will be re-used with a different fiction thrown on top.

AcidMage is offline   Reply With Quote