The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Default Characters unused by Raimi that you would like to see in the reboot universe.

I have a feeling I'm gonna regret this.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

Default Re: Characters unused by Raimi that you would like to see in the reboot universe.

Ben. Reilly

SpiderVS.Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Characters unused by Raimi that you would like to see in the reboot universe.

Ben Reilly?

....why?

1.) Electro
2.) Vulture
3.)....maybe Liz Allan?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Ben Reilly?

....why?

1.) Electro
2.) Vulture
3.)....maybe Liz Allan?
because Ben Reilly is a great character, you dont have to run through the entire Clone Saga just to include him. Hollywood always twists things

Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I don't see how you could do Reilly WITHOUT running through the clone saga, seeing as one doesn't exist without the other.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ben Reilly isn't needed because Peter won't be dying anytime soon.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Ben Reilly isn't needed because Peter won't be dying anytime soon.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well with the Ultimate comics route, I assume people want Reilly because they want to see a "new" Spider-Man.

Sure, the Clone Saga would be bogus to see on film, but I was referring the Ultimate route. Excuse me if I didn't take time to further explain my point, lol.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Ah. Haven't read "Ultimate" in a while. I know Peter's supposedly dead, which makes ZERO sense to me. And I forgot to take into account that with them putting him back in high school. the "Ultimate" mentality would kind of rule people's thinking.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
socool
True

Electro. Raimi hit almost all the main supporting characters, so I don't really have anything else to add...

Old 07-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Ah. Haven't read "Ultimate" in a while. I know Peter's supposedly dead, which makes ZERO sense to me. And I forgot to take into account that with them putting him back in high school. the "Ultimate" mentality would kind of rule people's thinking.
...that's a bit of an assumption, no? You can make Ben Reilly the only clone and find a way to eliminate the others without showing them. It's possible

Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You don't need any clones whatsoever if you go the 616 route.

You don't need to kill off Peter and have an assistant from Dr. Connors become the next Spidey if you go the Ultimate route.

So, there's really no reason at all for a Ben Reilly to be used.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 07-28-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #13
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
You don't need any clones whatsoever if you go the 616 route.

You don't need to kill off Peter and have an assistant from Dr. Connors become the next Spidey if you go the Ultimate route.

So, there's really no reason at all for a Ben Reilly to be used.
There's also certain villains that have no reason to be used but you know what, they do in the end so the only reason at all is because it's something different and new. Hollywood doesn't give a s**t about the actual use of the character in the comics, they just want to do something that's new and gets them money

Old 07-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderVS.Evil View Post
...that's a bit of an assumption, no? You can make Ben Reilly the only clone and find a way to eliminate the others without showing them. It's possible
That's still the clone saga. Just condensed.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderVS.Evil View Post
There's also certain villains that have no reason to be used but you know what, they do in the end so the only reason at all is because it's something different and new. Hollywood doesn't give a s**t about the actual use of the character in the comics, they just want to do something that's new and gets them money
Yes, because it was awesome of how Doc Ock was sympathetic or how Sandman was responsible for killing Uncle Ben.

I'd rather if this new series doesn't take leaps and bounds to make the villains feel like they're going right along the film's taglines.

But, in any case...still no on Ben Reilly. He doesn't belong in any films, imo.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

Well it wasn't solely based on what you wanted over others, it's just a thought

Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm not, or just trying to shut down your opinions, but Ben Reilly being used would simply just cause more problems than anything else because if you bring in Ben Reilly, you'd have to bring up the Clone Saga, or if you go the Ultimate route, he would obviously need some kind of major arc, so one would be to assume that he'd become Spider-Man as well. I mean, unless you would use Reilly as just some random guy, but then again, that seems a bit off-putting since we can use actual, real, non-cloned people to be used for random guys such as the entire staff of the Daily Bugle or even bring in Kong.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
SpiderVS.Evil
Side-Kick

A prototype clone escapee that believes he's Spider-Man that in the end is killed, convincing Jackal the project will be a complete failure

Old 07-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #19
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I'd rather they didn't touch on the Clone Saga in any way.I enjoyed Ben Reilly more than not, for the time he was around, but by & large I thought it was a bad idea, in a string of 90's bad ideas and bad trends, one of which seemed to be this thing for substitute heroes.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #20
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
I'd rather they didn't touch on the Clone Saga in any way.I enjoyed Ben Reilly more than not, for the time he was around, but by & large I thought it was a bad idea, in a string of 90's bad ideas and bad trends, one of which seemed to be this thing for substitute heroes.
Agreed about the 90s, but I think that Ben Reilly could be a great character for the movies.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #21
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I just remembered there was even a substitute Daredevil-who turned out to be the real DD all along.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #22
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
I just remembered there was even a substitute Daredevil-who turned out to be the real DD all along.
I believe you mean Laurent Levasseur in the Flying Blind arc?

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:24 AM   #23
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Actually I was referring to "Jack Batlin". I forgot all about that other arc.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
socool
True

I don't know HOW you do the Clone Saga. In the 90s it was long and complicated, and even in Ultimate, the shorter version, it's too long for the screen. They would have to seriously dumb it down or have it stretch over 3 films. Plus, the budget would be bigger than what Sony would want, especially if they do Ultimate with all 5 Spider-Men as opposed to just Ben Reily.

So, yeah, they won't do the Clone Saga...

Still want Electro, though.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I think a lot of people want Electro. He may not be the most fascinating villain, but man he'll look amazing on film and the battles would look awesome.