The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 04-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Default Where would you place Mask of the Phantasm against TDK trilogy?

I rewatched Batman: Mask of the Phantasm a week or so back. Reading the movie's Wikipedia entry afterwards, I saw the section 'Critical response' ends with...

"In 2010, IGN stated it [MotP] was "the Dark Knight's best big screen story" until Batman Begins (2005). Wired's Scott Thill called Kevin Conroy "the finest Batman on record" in 2009. In October 2012, WhatCulture also praised the film, saying it was at the same level as Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy, if not slightly higher. In 2016, the popular Internet reviewer Nostalgia Critic reviewed the film and called it the best ever cinematic representation of Batman, as well as it being completely underrated and deserving of a Blu-Ray release."

I thought about how I'd rate Mask of the Phantasm against each of the Nolan films and decided

1. The Dark Knight - 10/10
2. Batman Begins/Mask of the Phantasm - both 9/10
3. The Dark Knight Rises - 8.5/10

How would you rate it in comparison?

Do you think - as WhatCulture did - that it could even rate slightly higher than TDK trilogy as a whole?

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote