The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: What do you think of Cavill's Hair?
Love it! 42 24.71%
Indifferent/undecided 69 40.59%
Hate it! 59 34.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #76
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 21,751
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

double post


Last edited by Dark Raven; 08-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #77
That person
Bull Moose
 
That person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 427
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I like it. it reminds me of the Birthright hair.

__________________
"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
That person is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #78
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Uhm........... no. sorry, I can't stand the hair, it needs to be changed radically. The costume I love, from the design to the color to the texture and material. Everything is fantastic. But the hair? It needs to go for an extreme hair makeover. put some extensions, straighten them or something

sethypants is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #79
bgshw44
Side-Kick
 
bgshw44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

i like his natural wavey hair, but there is nothing wrong with the way they had it in the pic. he looks exactly like how superman should. so far nolan and co have been true to their word, that this will be different, but clearly recognizable as superman

__________________


Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
bgshw44 is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #80
Nathman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 78
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Well going by the poll there's a hell of a lot more people that are unsure, dislike it or hate it than love it.

Hopefully Snyder and co will pick up on it and change it. Does seem to be a LOT of fans all over the internet questioning the hair.

Nathman is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #81
Sarafinawells
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 22
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

As nitpicky as this thread is, it is fair to say that anything can change before the film itself is shot. Take Casino Royale for example:

This was the first photo that came out with Daniel Craig in the lead role


This was what we were treated to in the film instead... see the difference?

Sarafinawells is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #82
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,169
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafinawells View Post
As nitpicky as this thread is, it is fair to say that anything can change before the film itself is shot. Take Casino Royale for example:

This was the first photo that came out with Daniel Craig in the lead role


This was what we were treated to in the film instead... see the difference?
good point, the production has 2 years

DIRECTOR is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #83
bgshw44
Side-Kick
 
bgshw44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathman View Post
Well going by the poll there's a hell of a lot more people that are unsure, dislike it or hate it than love it.

Hopefully Snyder and co will pick up on it and change it. Does seem to be a LOT of fans all over the internet questioning the hair.
im shocked to be honest. i mean routh's hair was horrible. i think this looks fine, granted i like his natural hair better

__________________


Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
bgshw44 is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #84
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,169
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowtime View Post

DIRECTOR is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #85
Captain DC
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
good point, the production has 2 years
Well...no, theyre filming now. They arent going to alter his hair just because of a few fanboys whining here. This thread is embarassing.

Captain DC is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #86
Nathman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 78
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
im shocked to be honest. i mean routh's hair was horrible. i think this looks fine, granted i like his natural hair better
It just looks... wrong.

Routh's hair looked almost too clean, slick and tidy, but Cavill's looks the opposite, over grown, unshapely and just wrong for Superman. I mean look at it, really look at it, the sides absolutely ruin it, far too puffy and long.

It looks like the hair of an older man from the 80's. This won't mean anything to most people on here other than the English, but we have a beloved comedy over here from the 80's called Only Fools and Horses, this is the main character:



Worryingly similar to Cavill's Superman hair.

Nathman is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #87
Nathman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 78
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain DC View Post
Well...no, theyre filming now. They arent going to alter his hair just because of a few fanboys whining here. This thread is embarassing.
Get over yourself.

If the way he looks doesn't matter why don't we just stick him in a dress?

Caring about the image of a character you like doesn't make you a "whining fanboy" either.

Nathman is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #88
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafinawells View Post
As nitpicky as this thread is, it is fair to say that anything can change before the film itself is shot. Take Casino Royale for example:

This was the first photo that came out with Daniel Craig in the lead role


This was what we were treated to in the film instead... see the difference?
Excellent point. Also, it shows the magic of color correction.

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #89
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate
 
RoughNTumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,174
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I have no strong feelings for the hair one way or the other. I think it will look fine on film.

__________________
Grandparents dead - please no jokes

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #90
ShrinkingMan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I think even Brandon Routh's hair was a little longer in the first picture released of him as superman than in the film. I have a feeling they're gonna change Henry's hairstyle, too.

ShrinkingMan is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #91
Captain DC
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathman View Post
Get over yourself.

If the way he looks doesn't matter why don't we just stick him in a dress?

Caring about the image of a character you like doesn't make you a "whining fanboy" either.
Its just a hairstyle.. no one is going to take this nitpicking seriously. Snyder is a very visual director, he obviously wants the slicked back look for Superman....as opposed to the Reeve/Routh style. This is how cavills hair looks in real life too, its fine. Its almost like some fans are desperately looking for things to complain about. The hair looks great and likely wont be changed.

Captain DC is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #92
Spidermatrix53
Custom User Title Garbage
 
Spidermatrix53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 663
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I personally like his hair. From what we've seen from set pictures, we know he has the curl, so I'm pretty confident that this is just an action shot where his hair has been pushed back (possibly windswept from flying).

I don't really see a problem with this?

Spidermatrix53 is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #93
Nathman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 78
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain DC View Post
Its just a hairstyle.. no one is going to take this nitpicking seriously. Snyder is a very visual director, he obviously wants the slicked back look for Superman....as opposed to the Reeve/Routh style. This is how cavills hair looks in real life too, its fine. Its almost like some fans are desperately looking for things to complain about. The hair looks great and likely wont be changed.
I'm not desperately trying to search for things to complain about at all, I don't like the hair and don't think it looks right for Superman so I'm saying what I think, simple as, and there's a lot of people that feel the same.

Nathman is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #94
Captain DC
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingMan View Post
I think even Brandon Routh's hair was a little longer in the first picture released of him as superman than in the film. I have a feeling they're gonna change Henry's hairstyle, too.
It was slightly longer in the back, but it appeared that way in some scenes in the film as well, like when he saves Kitty. They didnt alter his actual hairstyle..... and i doubt they will for Cavill. This picture is getting overwhelmingly positive reaction on most mainstream news sites.

Captain DC is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #95
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,790
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I can't believe this thread exists. And I can't believe it's 4 pages long. Are people going bald in this thread or something as his hair looks like a normal person with actual hair.

DarkKnight88 is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #96
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,365
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

I have a hunch that we'll see the spitcurl in certain scenes -- specifically the scenes where Supes is kicking a$$ and taking names. Standing still=neat hair Being active=messy hair + spitcurl (makes more sense to me!)

I mean.. it would be kind of odd, in my opinion, to not show the spitcurl (at least once) when you have a Superman actor with actual curly hair.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #97
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobiKai View Post
So far so good, Nolan has the suit looking good
no he doesn't

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #98
Robin91939
Master Tim
 
Robin91939's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,701
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Can we just calm down and realize that he WILL have the Super Curl in the film. He just won't have it ALL the time. In Superman Returns it was ridiculous (a film I like). But he falls from the heavens and lands in a crater and has perfect hair....he gets out of the ocean, then descends from the clouds and his hair is perfect. It got comical at points. His hair never was messed up for more than a few minutes.

Cavill will have the superman hair in this film, but he will also have it realistically. It will get messed up, slicked back, and wet....but he will have the S-curl in the film. Look at the suit...You think Snyder (someone who faithfully adapts comics) would adapt a comic accurate suit (sans texture...) but NOT have the Superman hair in the film at all?

-R

__________________
My posts are facts, not opinion. Enjoy.
Robin91939 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #99
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,365
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Can we just calm down and realize that he WILL have the Super Curl in the film. He just won't have it ALL the time. In Superman Returns it was ridiculous (a film I like). But he falls from the heavens and lands in a crater and has perfect hair....he gets out of the ocean, then descends from the clouds and his hair is perfect. It got comical at points. His hair never was messed up for more than a few minutes.

Cavill will have the superman hair in this film, but he will also have it realistically. It will get messed up, slicked back, and wet....but he will have the S-curl in the film. Look at the suit...You think Snyder (someone who faithfully adapts comics) would adapt a comic accurate suit (sans texture...) but NOT have the Superman hair in the film at all?

-R
That's what I've been trying to say, but thank you for reiterating the fact. Well said!

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #100
SuperDaniel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,782
Default Re: Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

All I have to say on this matter is that the hair looks REALLY TERRIBLE. It's almost laughable.

SuperDaniel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.