Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #26
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - Part 12

hey, its better than this...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
As I said before, if the trunks were on it, it would easily be the best and most faithful superhero costume ever. The collar and cape attachment are awesome. The boots look fantastic. The colors may be too muted, but then again they may not, and with the trunks it wouldn't matter much. Without the trunks, I rate it about the same as the Superman Returns costume. With them, it destroys all other superhero costumes. Look at that cape and collar. So perfect. It irks me that they would make so much of it perfect then screw up the very middle of the visual.

I've never said a costume without trunks couldn't work, but you just can't take the trunks off the classic costume and pass that off as a new design. You have to do more than that. One thing that I might see or might think I see on this costume is some sort of red piping down the legs...if there is and it connects across to the belt, maybe that's an attempt at a trunks substitute, because there is a belt of some sort. So my opinion can change once a more clear shot of the costume is revealed.

Sad thing, is if there was clearly a set of red trunks on that shot, it would just as widely acclaimed as the initial Raimi Spider-Man picture. Because the rest of the costume is great, and the image itself is pretty badass.
Sure you can. They just did. And people like it.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepharih View Post
He said it, not me.

God you amaze me dude....I must admit I find something strangely admirable about your unflinching uncompromising diehard attitude though.
Traditionalist to the end, and I respect it.

I do somewhat agree with the "too much blue" criticism. I'm open to not having the briefs if it looks good, but not having the color broken apart could detract from the look.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #29
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Alright, I didn't know that wasn't allowed because I've been doing that forever and nothing happened. Whatever Show, I'll follow the new rules.
They may edit or swearing, but they'll never edit our ******* FREEDOM!!!!

I believe in Batfleck
Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #30
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Not new. Very old. Just never noticed you had did it before. Does that mean I have to go back through your posts and infract you 10 times?!

So you should have said, "Whatever Show, I'll follow the really old rules."
You do whatever the job intails.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
KRIM
Banned User

I wonder why they went for such a de-saturated look. I hope it's not an indication of how they plan to present the palette of the movie. I went into PS and quickly raised the vibrancy of the colors (no hue alterations) and it looks so much better:

Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #32
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Traditionalist to the end, and I respect it.

I do somewhat agree with the "too much blue" criticism. I'm open to not having the briefs if it looks good, but not having the color broken apart could detract from the look.
I actually don't disagree with that at all. I've long felt that there was at least a need for some kind of red to break up the blue...even though it didn't necessarily need to be trunks I felt.
I just think the idea that that accounts for 40% of the suit is laughable.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
i hate when people provide strong, thoughtful posts only to have another poster come back with an "in your face" type post despite having put no thought into what-so-ever.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think it's funny how much fanboys nitpick these pictures.

To me, this looks like a cool promo picture of Superman in action and it distinctly looks and feels like a Zack Synder Superman. All the fanboy talk/hope about Nolan covertly directing this film is full of **** as I always suspected. For good or ill this will be his Superman film.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #35
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i hate when people provide strong, thoughtful posts only to have another poster come back with an "in your face" type post despite having put no thought into what-so-ever.
O rly?

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edit:
Quote:

To me, this looks like a cool promo picture of Superman in action and it distinctly looks and feels like a Zack Synder Superman. All the fanboy talk/hope about Nolan covertly directing this film is full of **** as I always suspected. For good or ill this will be his Superman film.
I agree with your sentiments on the film....but honestly, if there is a place to nitpick the costume...this is it.

Last edited by sepharih; 08-04-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #36
bluesteel31
Newbie First Class

atleast it's not too bad as I expected it to be, still retains the classic look. but it's not also the direction I was expecting them to make. for sure this wouldn't be the final costume?

The only thing that seems not right is the cape.. In SR they put a table mantle on supes, now theyre trying to put a curtain on 'em..

Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #37
camp Blood
For your health!

based on the nathman sketch and some other ideas i saw

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Last edited by camp Blood; 08-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #38
Spoonman
Side-Kick

The belt is probably red but we can't see it clearly because of Cavill's pose and lightning, for me that would be enough to break the all blue look of the suit.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #39
SuperDaniel
Banned User

^ Seems right to me. The seam in the leg is missing though.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #40
camp Blood
For your health!

SD i added the seam , sorry

Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #41
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
Trust me, there's no thought process involved when someone says "I don't like them doing X, so they can't do X!!!"

He provides no reasoning whatsoever for his opinion. Nor does he even couch it as an opinion. It was purely a statement: "You can't do that!"

Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #42
bluesteel31
Newbie First Class

atleast it's not too bad as I expected it to be, still retains the classic look. but it's not also the direction I was expecting them to make. for sure this wouldn't be the final costume?

The only thing that seems not right is the cape.. In SR they put a table mantle on supes, now theyre trying to put a curtain on 'em..

Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #43
SuperDaniel
Banned User

WTF? The cape is the best part!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #44
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Quote:
Trust me, there's no thought process involved when someone says "I don't like them doing X, so they can't do X!!!"

He provides no reasoning whatsoever for his opinion. Nor does he even couch it as an opinion. It was purely a statement: "You can't do that!"
I will actually come to his defense on this one.

Come now....we should able be mature and intelligent enough to recognize a person's opinion without them having to label them as such. It doesn't matter if he phrases it as such, I'm sure he understands it's just his opinion.

And yes, clearly there's a thought process involved.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #45
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
SOME people like it. Mostly deconstructionists who are ashamed of the classic costume, ashamed of comics, and ashamed of themselves for being comics fans. And most of those people would like any piece of crap they designed no matter how bad it looked. It could be the Nic Cage costume and most people who hate the classic would like and defend it. Not that this costume isn't vastly superior to that joke of a suit.

As I said, I rank this costume and the Superman: Returns costume about the same. The SR suit had the extra \S/ on the belt and the t-shirt collar that looked bad; this suit lacks the trunks and so will look like a huge blue blob. SR is a 6/10, this costume is a 6/10. The Reeve costume was a 10/10 for it's time; it's still better than either of these. I'd give it a 7/10 if they had just reused it; a little out-of date material wise, but at least it's accurate to the design of Joe Shuster, who create Superman's costume.

And by the way, most of the general public reaction to this costume is along the lines of: "the cape's too long", "he looks too menacing", "Christopher Reeve forever!" and "where's his red shorts?" So yes, people like it. People who are ashamed of Superman and of being Superman fans, that is.

Last edited by Kurosawa; 08-04-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #46
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Some people like it. mostly deconstructionists who are ashamed of the classic costume, ashamed of comics, and ashamed of themselves for being comics fans. And most of those people would like any piece of crap they designed no matter how bad it looked. it could be the Nic Cage costume and most people who hate the classic would like and defend it. Not that this costume isn't vastly superior to that joke of a suit.

As I said, I rank this costume and the Superman: Returns costume about the same. The SR suit had the extra \S/ on the belt and the t-shirt collar that looked bad; this suit lacks the trunks and so will look like a huge blue blob. SR is a 6/10, this costume is a 6/10. The Reeve costume was a 10/10 for it's time; it's still better than either of these.

And by the way, most of the general public reaction to this costume is along the lines of: "the cape's too long", "he looks to menacing" and "where's his red shorts?" So yes, people like it. People who are ashamed of Superman and of being Superman fans, that is.
Oh? I'm a Superman fan, and I like the briefs but wouldn't mind them not being on this suit if that's how it'll turn out. Does that make me ashamed of Superman?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #47
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:

Is hysterical how some keep whining despite this suit being closer to the classic than SR, even sans trunks! The cape, the \S/, the belt, the boots... and Cavill looks more like Superman, a more powerful one. And it looks better than the new Spiderman suit for sure, with its horrible shoes and red lines down the legs.

Nolan's Batman suit is less faithful to the source material and most people don't care. Thor's suit was different too and it worked perfectly.
Some just need to relax instead of expecting everything to be 100% like the comics.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #48
camp Blood
For your health!

i'm with sage on this one

Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #49
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Some people like it. mostly deconstructionists who are ashamed of the classic costume, ashamed of comics, and ashamed of themselves for being comics fans. And most of those people would like any piece of crap they designed no matter how bad it looked. it could be the Nic Cage costume and most people who hate the classic would like and defend it. Not that this costume isn't vastly superior to that joke of a suit.

As I said, I rank this costume and the Superman: Returns costume about the same. The SR suit had the extra \S/ on the belt and the t-shirt collar that looked bad; this suit lacks the trunks and so will look like a huge blue blob. SR is a 6/10, this costume is a 6/10. The Reeve costume was a 10/10 for it's time; it's still better than either of these.

And by the way, most of the general public reaction to this costume is along the lines of: "the cape's too long", "he looks to menacing" and "where's his red shorts?" So yes, people like it. People who are ashamed of Superman and of being Superman fans, that is.
Excellent argument. People who like this costume also like the Nic Cage costume.

You're good at this.

And by this, I mean being unbelievably wrong about everything you speak about.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #50
SuperDaniel
Banned User

lmao. This is CLEARLY better than all the Superman costumes, imo. The cape alone is an indication of that.

Closed Thread