The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #551
ItsMadness
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 51
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am being disrespectful to the writers by watching and understanding the film?

Lets start with this. Watch Thor. Ok, good. Now we can start.

How long do you think Thor is on Earth? According to you Jane kinda of flirting with Thor over a three day period has a more profound effect on him then the death of his father, a potential war between Asgard and Jotunheim, and his permanent banishment from the realm eternal. From his home.

But I'll give you a chance. What are these moments that show the profound effect that Jane has had on Thor? Where are the scenes that show her having a profound effect on him.... They don't exist.

When Thor approaches the hammer for the first time on Earth, he does so without having learned a thing. He is still acting exactly like he was before his father sent him to Earth to learn a thing or two. Thus he is unworthy. Then Loki shows up and tells Thor that he is responsible for their father's death. There is a clear change in Thor's demeanor and attitude the moment this happens. His voice becomes softer, his tone change, he suddenly becomes more introspective. He starts to finally consider how his actions effect others. Thor's actions have finally caught up to him and it causes him to reflect.

It is no coincidence that Thor starts to consider the feelings of others and treating others with more respect after he believes his father is dead. It isn't after meeting Jane or spending time with her. It is after he is told that his father is dead and that it is his fault. Why else do you think they emphasis that? Why does it come up again with the arrival of Sif and the Warriors Three?

When confronted the very next day by the Destroyer, what Thor does is finally embrace the lesson his father has been trying to teach him. That the actions of father, of a king, effect others. Their family and kingdom. When Thor, angered by the Frost Giant attack on the vault, walks into their kingdom and starts war, he does so without a thought of how it will effect the people of Asgard. That is why Odin sends Thor to Earth.

When Thor sacrifices himself to the Destroyer, it isn't about Earthlings, or Jane, after all he protects Sif and The Warriors Three as well. It is about protecting innocent people. It is about being a man, a father, a king. He knows he can stop it and he does.

And he does it again later, not protecting humans or even Asgardians. He saves the Frost Giants from extinction. Those that he wanted to destroy with his own bare hands.

This had nothing to do with Jane. This had nothing to do with a bit of flirting on the roof. You are applying classic character tropes to the female lead in this classic tale as opposed to observing what actually occurs in the film. The entire lesson Odin is teaching his son is no more crystallized then by Thor believing his irresponsible actions are the reason his father is dead. If anything, Thor has an effect on Jane and how she is.


This is exactly what I felt and understood watching the movie. Thor did not become worthy when he met Jane- he became worthy when he learned that his actions affected others, gravely. The "death" of his father wasn't something that, in Thor's mind, could be reversed or fixed with a slap on the wrist and bed without supper. His father "died", and he believed it was his own fault. That triggered the start of his journey towards becoming selfless and worthy to once again hold Mjolnir- not his meeting and feeling attraction towards Jane.

ItsMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #552
Shawn30
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 55
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMadness View Post


This is exactly what I felt and understood watching the movie. Thor did not become worthy when he met Jane- he became worthy when he learned that his actions affected others, gravely. The "death" of his father wasn't something that, in Thor's mind, could be reversed or fixed with a slap on the wrist and bed without supper. His father "died", and he believed it was his own fault. That triggered the start of his journey towards becoming selfless and worthy to once again hold Mjolnir- not his meeting and feeling attraction towards Jane.
I half agree. While I feel its the moment he learned of his father's death that sparked the change, his time with Jane, however short, was a definite component to caring about someone other than himself. She helped a complete stranger with no knowledge of his Godhood or power as he had no proof, and that was also a teacher to him about his place in the world and ultimate self-worth as being no better or worse than anyone else. I feel his meeting and connection with Jane had a great impact on him, but yes, lesser so than Odin's apperant death. The journey of life compromises many things and Thor kissing and then telling Jane he would return "for her" absolutely solidifies her meaning to him. He not only learned he couldn't just do whatever he wanted, he learned what it felt like to have someone who he placed before himself as he was ready to die for her to protect her. No matter their short time together a connection can be made between two people any number of ways and a profound one was made between them. It shows in how deeply each is in the others thoughts even after all this time. So to sum it all up, Jane had a definite impact on Thor's growth as an individual. She was a key piece of the puzzle, just not the biggest.

Shawn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #553
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 154,334
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I reckon the MCU Jane is the unknowing embodiment of Gaia and true mother of Thor (unknown to him) and mistakes her maternal feelings for one of attraction.

Thor, being a guy who is being panted after by a hot chick, responds in kind.




No. I'm not serious.
Congratulations, you've come up with the creepiest theory I've heard for anything, ever.

__________________
"This I grant to you: You may tell your grandchildren that you stood for a time against the mighty Thor."
- Marvel Heroes
TheCorpulent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #554
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

My job here is done, I retreat to my cave, satisfied.

__________________
Does odd things at random times.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #555
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am being disrespectful to the writers by watching and understanding the film?

Lets start with this. Watch Thor. Ok, good. Now we can start.

How long do you think Thor is on Earth? According to you Jane kinda of flirting with Thor over a three day period has a more profound effect on him then the death of his father, a potential war between Asgard and Jotunheim, and his permanent banishment from the realm eternal. From his home.

But I'll give you a chance. What are these moments that show the profound effect that Jane has had on Thor? Where are the scenes that show her having a profound effect on him.... They don't exist.

When Thor approaches the hammer for the first time on Earth, he does so without having learned a thing. He is still acting exactly like he was before his father sent him to Earth to learn a thing or two. Thus he is unworthy. Then Loki shows up and tells Thor that he is responsible for their father's death. There is a clear change in Thor's demeanor and attitude the moment this happens. His voice becomes softer, his tone change, he suddenly becomes more introspective. He starts to finally consider how his actions effect others. Thor's actions have finally caught up to him and it causes him to reflect.

It is no coincidence that Thor starts to consider the feelings of others and treating others with more respect after he believes his father is dead. It isn't after meeting Jane or spending time with her. It is after he is told that his father is dead and that it is his fault. Why else do you think they emphasis that? Why does it come up again with the arrival of Sif and the Warriors Three?

When confronted the very next day by the Destroyer, what Thor does is finally embrace the lesson his father has been trying to teach him. That the actions of father, of a king, effect others. Their family and kingdom. When Thor, angered by the Frost Giant attack on the vault, walks into their kingdom and starts war, he does so without a thought of how it will effect the people of Asgard. That is why Odin sends Thor to Earth.

When Thor sacrifices himself to the Destroyer, it isn't about Earthlings, or Jane, after all he protects Sif and The Warriors Three as well. It is about protecting innocent people. It is about being a man, a father, a king. He knows he can stop it and he does.

And he does it again later, not protecting humans or even Asgardians. He saves the Frost Giants from extinction. Those that he wanted to destroy with his own bare hands.

This had nothing to do with Jane. This had nothing to do with a bit of flirting on the roof. You are applying classic character tropes to the female lead in this classic tale as opposed to observing what actually occurs in the film. The entire lesson Odin is teaching his son is no more crystallized then by Thor believing his irresponsible actions are the reason his father is dead. If anything, Thor has an effect on Jane and how she is.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #556
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Honestly, my given impression that Jane only serves two purposes within the MCU right now:

1. To be the Earthly Love Interest of Thor

2. To give Thor an intimate connection to Earth

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #557
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Has she ever been anything else in the comics? Not being funny, asking.

__________________
Does odd things at random times.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #558
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

^Unfortunately, no. But I have high hopes for her in this film, they did say she was getting more to do

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #559
04nbod
I need to debrief you
 
04nbod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: birkenhead, uk ahh...the chavs are attacking
Posts: 10,393
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Has she ever been anything else in the comics? Not being funny, asking.
What do you want her to be? Jane still appeared in Avengers/Iron Man Comics/Captain America comics when Thor was dead! When Bucky came back as Winter Soldier who did Steve take him to to figure it out? Jane. When Tony was so destroyed he was in a wheelchair who was his doctor? Jane. During Civil War who was in Cap's medical team, Jane. Whenever an Avenger is down Jane gets them back up. This is completely independent of Thor. Jane has a role in the larger Marvel Universe that has been messed up by the career change.

As for the impression that Jane is only there to be Thor's love interest and connection to Earth, I think people think that because she wasn't in The Avengers. Jane therefore doesn't feel connected to the larger MCU. However she is probably the most progressive scientist in the MCU. She hasn't gamma radiated herself our blown herself up yet!


But hey, she's doing better than Betty Ross!

__________________
WHAT WOULD DARTH VADER DO?

Last edited by 04nbod; 10-03-2013 at 03:05 PM.
04nbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #560
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
What do you want her to be? Jane still appeared in Avengers/Iron Man Comics/Captain America comics when Thor was dead! When Bucky came back as Winter Soldier who did Steve take him to to figure it out? Jane. When Tony was so destroyed he was in a wheelchair who was his doctor? Jane. During Civil War who was in Cap's medical team, Jane. Whenever an Avenger is down Jane gets them back up. This is completely independent of Thor. Jane has a role in the larger Marvel Universe that has been messed up by the career change.

But hey, she's doing better than Betty Ross!
Wow, I didn't know that. She's even more awesome then I previously thought! I wonder what Thor would have been like had they kept Jane a doctor/nurse.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #561
Shawn30
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 55
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
What do you want her to be? Jane still appeared in Avengers/Iron Man Comics/Captain America comics when Thor was dead! When Bucky came back as Winter Soldier who did Steve take him to to figure it out? Jane. When Tony was so destroyed he was in a wheelchair who was his doctor? Jane. During Civil War who was in Cap's medical team, Jane. Whenever an Avenger is down Jane gets them back up. This is completely independent of Thor. Jane has a role in the larger Marvel Universe that has been messed up by the career change.

As for the impression that Jane is only there to be Thor's love interest and connection to Earth, I think people think that because she wasn't in The Avengers. Jane therefore doesn't feel connected to the larger MCU. However she is probably the most progressive scientist in the MCU. She hasn't gamma radiated herself our blown herself up yet!


But hey, she's doing better than Betty Ross!
Lol at the Betty Ross line.
Yeah, Jane has her role and its likely growing, or will again eventually in the comics and the movies. We know some incredibly dark force is inside her and we know she's usung her science to help figure things out. She's far from just eye-candy and front and center in all Thor promotions right behind Thor and Loki. Plus I like the character and the actress

Shawn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #562
04nbod
I need to debrief you
 
04nbod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: birkenhead, uk ahh...the chavs are attacking
Posts: 10,393
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Anyone read Thor : Season One yet? Very good Jane in that.

__________________
WHAT WOULD DARTH VADER DO?
04nbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #563
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
Lol at the Betty Ross line.
Yeah, Jane has her role and its likely growing, or will again eventually in the comics and the movies. We know some incredibly dark force is inside her and we know she's usung her science to help figure things out. She's far from just eye-candy and front and center in all Thor promotions right behind Thor and Loki. Plus I like the character and the actress
I can't wait to see her at work in TDW. It's going to be great, there is going to be much science and greatness. I hope the movie will be able to convert some Jane haters because, really, their hate makes no sense.

Also, no bod, I haven't. What's it about?

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #564
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Anyone read Thor : Season One yet? Very good Jane in that.
It`s a good Season One in a whole.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #565
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,629
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am being disrespectful to the writers by watching and understanding the film?

Lets start with this. Watch Thor. Ok, good. Now we can start.

How long do you think Thor is on Earth? According to you Jane kinda of flirting with Thor over a three day period has a more profound effect on him then the death of his father, a potential war between Asgard and Jotunheim, and his permanent banishment from the realm eternal. From his home.

But I'll give you a chance. What are these moments that show the profound effect that Jane has had on Thor? Where are the scenes that show her having a profound effect on him.... They don't exist.

When Thor approaches the hammer for the first time on Earth, he does so without having learned a thing. He is still acting exactly like he was before his father sent him to Earth to learn a thing or two. Thus he is unworthy. Then Loki shows up and tells Thor that he is responsible for their father's death. There is a clear change in Thor's demeanor and attitude the moment this happens. His voice becomes softer, his tone change, he suddenly becomes more introspective. He starts to finally consider how his actions effect others. Thor's actions have finally caught up to him and it causes him to reflect.

It is no coincidence that Thor starts to consider the feelings of others and treating others with more respect after he believes his father is dead. It isn't after meeting Jane or spending time with her. It is after he is told that his father is dead and that it is his fault. Why else do you think they emphasis that? Why does it come up again with the arrival of Sif and the Warriors Three?

When confronted the very next day by the Destroyer, what Thor does is finally embrace the lesson his father has been trying to teach him. That the actions of father, of a king, effect others. Their family and kingdom. When Thor, angered by the Frost Giant attack on the vault, walks into their kingdom and starts war, he does so without a thought of how it will effect the people of Asgard. That is why Odin sends Thor to Earth.

When Thor sacrifices himself to the Destroyer, it isn't about Earthlings, or Jane, after all he protects Sif and The Warriors Three as well. It is about protecting innocent people. It is about being a man, a father, a king. He knows he can stop it and he does.

And he does it again later, not protecting humans or even Asgardians. He saves the Frost Giants from extinction. Those that he wanted to destroy with his own bare hands.

This had nothing to do with Jane. This had nothing to do with a bit of flirting on the roof. You are applying classic character tropes to the female lead in this classic tale as opposed to observing what actually occurs in the film. The entire lesson Odin is teaching his son is no more crystallized then by Thor believing his irresponsible actions are the reason his father is dead. If anything, Thor has an effect on Jane and how she is.
Well done!

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #566
04nbod
I need to debrief you
 
04nbod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: birkenhead, uk ahh...the chavs are attacking
Posts: 10,393
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
It`s a good Season One in a whole.

It gets to the heart of Thor more than the pre Avengers Origins one shot did.

'Do you know a wizard you can trust?'

__________________
WHAT WOULD DARTH VADER DO?
04nbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #567
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

It says in by the words of the official Thor people that Thor learned humility with Jane's help. They may not have been in love by the end of the movie, but they had touched each others' lives in very profound ways, that's why they were so into each other, that's why they waited for each other. That, in my opinion, was the best part of their romance, they changed each other for the better.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #568
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,879
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Jane "touched" Thor in so much that they needed someone from Earth for him to suck face with. That is her relevance. Now, that might change in the sequel, but that actually has to happen first and won't change what happened in Thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
What do you want her to be? Jane still appeared in Avengers/Iron Man Comics/Captain America comics when Thor was dead! When Bucky came back as Winter Soldier who did Steve take him to to figure it out? Jane. When Tony was so destroyed he was in a wheelchair who was his doctor? Jane. During Civil War who was in Cap's medical team, Jane. Whenever an Avenger is down Jane gets them back up. This is completely independent of Thor. Jane has a role in the larger Marvel Universe that has been messed up by the career change.

As for the impression that Jane is only there to be Thor's love interest and connection to Earth, I think people think that because she wasn't in The Avengers. Jane therefore doesn't feel connected to the larger MCU. However she is probably the most progressive scientist in the MCU. She hasn't gamma radiated herself our blown herself up yet!


But hey, she's doing better than Betty Ross!
I would like to introduce you to Christmas Jones.

Job title is far from everything.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #569
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It gets to the heart of Thor more than the pre Avengers Origins one shot did.

'Do you know a wizard you can trust?'
I love this line! Because every one with a sense, know that wizards are either evil or mad or on the way to become evil or mad.=) The whole exchange in that scene was hilarious. I loved the part when Don explained how he see Thor`s thoughts as some fake Shakespearian stuff too.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #570
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,879
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Wizards I trust.

Gandalf, Harry Potter, Tommy, Merlin, Dumbledore, Mickey Mouse, and Strange.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #571
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Wizards I trust.

Gandalf, Harry Potter, Tommy, Merlin, Dumbledore, Mickey Mouse, and Strange.
Only Mickey and maybe Gendalf =). But really I would not trust Merlin nor Dumbledore those two shadiest from this list.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #572
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,879
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Only Mickey and maybe Gendalf =). But really I would not trust Merlin nor Dumbledore those two shadiest from this list.
Depends on your Merlin. I take the Disney one.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #573
04nbod
I need to debrief you
 
04nbod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: birkenhead, uk ahh...the chavs are attacking
Posts: 10,393
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Jane "touched" Thor in so much that they needed someone from Earth for him to suck face with. That is her relevance. Now, that might change in the sequel, but that actually has to happen first and won't change what happened in Thor.


I would like to introduce you to Christmas Jones.

Job title is far from everything.
and had I not provided examples of her doing her job and being relied on to do her job in the stories you would have a point. However, Jane's job isn't a decoration.

__________________
WHAT WOULD DARTH VADER DO?
04nbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #574
Shawn30
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 55
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
and had I not provided examples of her doing her job and being relied on to do her job in the stories you would have a point. However, Jane's job isn't a decoration.
Agreed. Jane as a character represents so much in terms of female characters who have a career and life before the hero, and that her skill-set/intelligence is relevant to the movie and the heroes journey. She was so brilliant Shield took all her research... all of it, everything. And now she is still working with them or in some form of contact. In TDW she's obviously very important to the plot and how everything will play out. But since she isn't one-dimensional, there's her love life or the beginning of one, and all that comes with it to consider. She was relevant and meaningful in the first movie IMHO and likely triple that in the new one. Plus she's funny, hot, and likely dating the God of Thunder. I want her on the cover of a People magazine in Thor 3. And Surtur

Shawn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #575
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
Agreed. Jane as a character represents so much in terms of female characters who have a career and life before the hero, and that her skill-set/intelligence is relevant to the movie and the heroes journey. She was so brilliant Shield took all her research... all of it, everything. And now she is still working with them or in some form of contact. In TDW she's obviously very important to the plot and how everything will play out. But since she isn't one-dimensional, there's her love life or the beginning of one, and all that comes with it to consider. She was relevant and meaningful in the first movie IMHO and likely triple that in the new one. Plus she's funny, hot, and likely dating the God of Thunder. I want her on the cover of a People magazine in Thor 3. And Surtur
Do you really think she's still working with SHIELD? After what happened with Eric? If it were me, I would take him, my assistant, and get the heck out of dodge.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.