The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #601
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Jane Foster having a meal with a guy that she was set up with from Darcy...

Jane Foster being kissed by a guy that she doesn't even know and by all accounts, heard that he teared up an entire Hospital room...

You can see how torn she is between these two.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #602
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Jane Foster having a meal with a guy that she was set up with from Darcy...

Jane Foster being kissed by a guy that she doesn't even know and by all accounts, heard that he teared up an entire Hospital room...

You can see how torn she is between these two.
This cracked me up!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #603
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
This cracked me up!
Me too, lol. Wonder if Thor ever meets up with this guy at the end of the movie, lol. Would make for a great scene.

Shawn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #604
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
Me too, lol. Wonder if Thor ever meets up with this guy at the end of the movie, lol. Would make for a great scene.
Something along those lines happened two issues ago in the Thor: God of Thunder comic.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #605
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
This cracked me up!
To be fair, Thor was doing the classic "chivalrous hand kissing" thing. I'd be flattered by that to.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #606
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #607
Bren
Forevernoob

Thor: "You're pretty, I've had prettier..."

Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #608
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Jane meets Thor Clip

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ61yFJOH7s

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #609
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Jane meets Thor Clip

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ61yFJOH7s
He's laying it on pretty thick.

TTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #610
balanda
Side-Kick

I guess I found the astrophysicist thing a bit hard to buy in her performance, which I admit might be wholly unfair of me and possibly sexist (still examining this). It's just.... that I entered uni to study astrophysics (switched to computing later) and like me, other women who were also studying these fields... didn't seem anything like Jane. Not in terms of looks, just ... seemed a whole lot more nerdy and intense than she did. But Hollywood Nerd is not actual nerd, so I make the mental adjustment. Just like the ridiculous slap thing she does in the previews to T:TDW is more like Hollywood Feisty than how women generally express their opinions, so I don't really think less of her as a character, more the scriptwriters. But the mental adjustments mean I don't warm to her as much I guess? Also, I'm not really naturally a big fan of the big dashing hero with the tiny woman trope like is going on in the poster.

But I've seen some horrible vitriol about Jane which I find hard to take; it usually turns out reading between the lines she gets in the way of their ships. Jane's fine. I'm not too sold on Portman's acting in the first film as ay-mazing, but I look forward to her story in this film regardless and I might even like her acting better too. I like the idea of her running around with a beeping gadget investigating things she shouldn't and getting into trouble and being amazed at Asgard, and figuring out with Thor whether the little thing they had is really a big thing, though romance plotlines tend to be fairly conventional in these types of films.

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #611
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Steve Weintraub posted a video interview with Portman.

http://collider.com/natalie-portman-...rld-interview/

She looks happy and enthusiastic. I think her moving to France really helped.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #612
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious to hear some people's feedback on this topic, but based on everything that we've seen and heard about how Jane has coped with Thor having been absent from her life for the last two years after knowing him for 3 days, does it make sense for some here that she would have reacted in the way that she did, where she buried herself in her work, got depressed, and not really move on from it, etc?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #613
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Curious to hear some people's feedback on this topic, but based on everything that we've seen and heard about how Jane has coped with Thor having been absent from her life for the last two years after knowing him for 3 days, does it make sense for some here that she would have reacted in the way that she did, where she buried herself in her work, got depressed, and not really move on from it, etc?
Nop, for me it does not make any sense but than again - I am not, a romantic person, do not believe in love from the first sight and that love can fix everything etc. but from spoilers I know that she will at least question her obsession so I guess its something.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #614
04nbod
I need to debrief you

And what do you think of Thor's obsession? Using Heimdall to spy on her.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #615
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It`s not healthy too, like at all, and creepy. But there is two sides of the coin - no need to do it like in one RPG where player`s character love interest is genuinely surprised when he/she see said player character after 6 months in the jail, like "you are alive?! What a surprise! In this case...want to continue our steamy love story?". It`s facepalm worthy as there were love confessions and sexy times and months spend together in a life threatening situations.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #616
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
It`s not healthy too, like at all, and creepy. But there is two sides of the coin - no need to do it like in one RPG where player`s character love interest is genuinely surprised when he/she see said player character after 6 months in the jail, like "you are alive?! What a surprise! In this case...want to continue our steamy love story?". It`s facepalm worthy as there were love confessions and sexy times and months spend together in a life threatening situations.
Imagine if one of those times went down something like this:

Thor: Can you see her Heimdell?

Heimdel: Yes....

Thor: What is she doing?

Heimdel: She is shaving her legs while watching "The Notebook".

Thor: Go on......

Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #617
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Lol! I always suspected that Heimdell ability to see everything is a gift and a curse!=)

Old 10-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #618
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:

Jane is a human being like all of us, and heart break is a part of life whether it be romantically or otherwise. Of course Jane was hopeful and sad and depressed and laughed and worked her tail off and went out with Darcy and likely after New York gave up a little. You have good and bad days, but I doubt she was any more of one or the other than any normal person. Love inspires, hurts, makes you happy, makes you sad, encourages, and can't kick your teeth in. No one can say how fast or slow, or why it comes or leaves. No one. Every individual person is different. So when you see Darcy make her comments about Jane moping, yet in the same breath still working and researching, and then we see her on a date where she's trying, we know she's a normal person just working on dealing with a broken heart. There's no blueprint to it. Everyone deals in their own way. That's how I see it. And I think Jane is portrayed from what I have seen and read in reviews so far very well in TDW.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #619
TTFN
Side-Kick

I just saw a clip of Natalie, Chris and Tom discussing the slaps. I can NOT believe they aren't taking physical abuse more seriously. I mean they were laughing about it for crying out loud. For shame!

I can't wait to read the spoilers after the premier in London later.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #620
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
I just saw a clip of Natalie, Chris and Tom discussing the slaps. I can NOT believe they aren't taking physical abuse more seriously. I mean they were laughing about it for crying out loud. For shame!

Its nothing to take serious at all. Context, context, context. And an angry woman, lol. Seriously, its obvious the difference between when someone hits someone for reasons of control, intimidation, rage, threat versus a tiny girl slapping a guy who didnt take badly at all, lol. Context is key here. She's a grown woman and he's a grown man, lol. She slapped him with no real intent to harm at all, and he knew that.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #621
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
Its nothing to take serious at all. Context, context, context. And an angry woman, lol. Seriously, its obvious the difference between when someone hits someone for reasons of control, intimidation, rage, threat versus a tiny girl slapping a guy who didnt take badly at all, lol. Context is key here. She's a grown woman and he's a grown man, lol. She slapped him with no real intent to harm at all, and he knew that.
It is even more obvious than it was before it was meant for laughs. Poor Jane is gonna get ripped a new one after this movie comes out. How dare Thor want her and especially after she hit him.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #622
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is even more obvious than it was before it was meant for laughs. Poor Jane is gonna get ripped a new one after this movie comes out. How dare Thor want her and especially after she hit him.
Lol, but the people who hated her before will continue to, so I doubt there's much difference. Haters gonna hate.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #623
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slapstick

Old 10-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #624
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL

Unless I've missed it, not one review I've read was upset about her slaps or accused her of abuse. I say go Jane!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #625
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Where did all the rumors go about her being MCU's Enchantress?