The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 10-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #626
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

The fact that Jane is completely incapable of physically harming Thor in any way probably lessens the creep factor to.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #627
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Super secret twist in Antman: Janet slaps Hank!

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #628
TTFN
Side-Kick

No spoilers..loved Jane in this movie. She was strong and smart. Just what I like!

TTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #629
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
No spoilers..loved Jane in this movie. She was strong and smart. Just what I like!
How would you rate the characterization of her romance with Thor and its development this time around? Their romance was a subject of a lot of criticism from the past film so I'm curious to see if they were able to improve on it.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #630
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
How would you rate the characterization of her romance with Thor and its development this time around? Their romance was a subject of a lot of criticism from the past film so I'm curious to see if they were able to improve on it.

This is hard and I'm trying not to spoil you. I do think it is better and I would rate it higher than the first movie. Their feelings are made obvious in direct and indirect ways. I do wish there was more time but I wish that of every aspect of the film. Either way, I believe the story that is told and Jane made a mark on Thor. There is no question about that.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #631
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I just want to profess my love for Natalie Portman.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #632
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I just want to profess my love for Natalie Portman.
Same. She's my muse.

Last edited by J.Howlett; 11-04-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #633
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Same. He's my muse.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #634
Saturius
Side-Kick

If anyone has a problem with immature posts, I'd advise you to skip this one..

With that said, I'm LOVING that all the Jane/Portman haters are in a tizzy with her role in this movie! Not only does she contribute to the climax, she's together with Thor by the end of the film, and alive as well, much to some peoples great dissatisfaction.

Tons of people just kept *****ing that they hate Jane, want her dead, that Thor should be with Sif, that Portman didn't want to be in this film blah blah blah, but none of that crap mattered. I think people were hoping beyond belief that the rumors of Portman not wanting to be involved with this film were true so they could further justify their wanting her to be killed off or not part of the franchise. But too bad. None of that was true. Not only does she want to be in The Avengers 2 as we learned in an interview, but she looks to continue to be an integral part of the Thor franchise going forward. I love it!

Every time I see Jane hatred, it makes me smile knowing it's frustrating people. Again, I know everything I wrote above is petty and juvenile like you couldn't believe, but after all the lies and vitriol thrown towards the character and actress, it feels gratifying that the haters aren't winning. Maybe they will in the future, but they ain't right now!!

Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #635
04nbod
I need to debrief you

With that ending Thor could not be with Sif.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
When it looks like Thor is going to be killed by a collapsing elf ship Jane tries to move him. He's so heavy she can't so instead of getting to safety she covers him with her body and closes her eyes waiting to die.

You marry that girl.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #636
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
If anyone has a problem with immature posts, I'd advise you to skip this one..

With that said, I'm LOVING that all the Jane/Portman haters are in a tizzy with her role in this movie! Not only does she contribute to the climax, she's together with Thor by the end of the film, and alive as well, much to some peoples great dissatisfaction.

Tons of people just kept *****ing that they hate Jane, want her dead, that Thor should be with Sif, that Portman didn't want to be in this film blah blah blah, but none of that crap mattered. I think people were hoping beyond belief that the rumors of Portman not wanting to be involved with this film were true so they could further justify their wanting her to be killed off or not part of the franchise. But too bad. None of that was true. Not only does she want to be in The Avengers 2 as we learned in an interview, but she looks to continue to be an integral part of the Thor franchise going forward. I love it!

Every time I see Jane hatred, it makes me smile knowing it's frustrating people. Again, I know everything I wrote above is petty and juvenile like you couldn't believe, but after all the lies and vitriol thrown towards the character and actress, it feels gratifying that the haters aren't winning. Maybe they will in the future, but they ain't right now!!

I want Jane gone because she is Thor's only tether to Earth. Earth is only one of the nine realms and I want the film makers to explore them all. Kill off Jane and his connection to Earth.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #637
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
With that ending Thor could not be with Sif.

When it looks like Thor is going to be killed by a collapsing elf ship Jane tries to move him. He's so heavy she can't so instead of getting to safety she covers him with her body and closes her eyes waiting to die.

You marry that girl.
Yes, you do.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #638
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, I know I'm a sucker for spoilers...so if anyone who's seen the film doesn't mind letting me know...could you guys label any particular moments/scenes that you liked featuring Jane and her relationship with Thor?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #639
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I want Jane gone because she is Thor's only tether to Earth. Earth is only one of the nine realms and I want the film makers to explore them all. Kill off Jane and his connection to Earth.
Then you don't want Thor. Because Earth is at least 50% of his character.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #640
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Then you don't want Thor. Because Earth is at least 50% of his character.
Funny you should say that because Thor's real mother is supposed to be Jord (Gaia/The Earth) so Earth literally is 50% of his character but that doesn't mean he should be tied to Earth in the movie.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #641
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Funny you should say that because Thor's real mother is supposed to be Jord (Gaia/The Earth) so Earth literally is 50% of his character but that doesn't mean he should be tied to Earth in the movie.
Thor is also the protector of Earth and of mankind (in both comics and mythology). He should be tied to Earth, although it doesn't mean that everything he does is on Earth and in TDW it was just by chance that things played out there.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 11-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #642
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
If there is no earth connection the movies will likely make less money .
If they killed Jane, they would likely create another human love interest for Thor.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #643
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, I know I'm a sucker for spoilers...so if anyone who's seen the film doesn't mind letting me know...could you guys label any particular moments/scenes that you liked featuring Jane and her relationship with Thor?

Everything! First everyone and their mother (and I mean I think every character he talks to mentions it) knows Thor is depressed because he misses Jane and is torn between duty to be King and wanting to be a man on Earth with her. When they first see each other and he's trying to tell her how he feels then Darcy interrupts. When she's on Asgard and he's explaining the convergence was romantic/adorable. Also his jealousy shows up for a second. lol The end is pretty great too when she tries to save him but can't move him and throws her body over him. She's rewarded for that. Of course the after credits scene is an awwwwwwwwwwww moment too.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #644
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
He's the god of thunder, the storm and the common man. You can't just pick and choose.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #645
warriorking
Side-Kick

Many still think Jane will die in Thor 3, I believe she will be crowned as the Queen of Asgard when all is said and done...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #646
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
Many still think Jane will die in Thor 3, I believe she will be crowned as the Queen of Asgard when all is said and done...
It makes no sense whatsoever for Jane to die in Thor 3. And they're not going to end the trilogy on such a downer, plus the fact that Portman can refuse to return if she saw that the script did a disservice for her Jane character since she isn't signed for the third movie.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #647
balanda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
Its nothing to take serious at all. Context, context, context. And an angry woman, lol. Seriously, its obvious the difference between when someone hits someone for reasons of control, intimidation, rage, threat versus a tiny girl slapping a guy who didnt take badly at all, lol. Context is key here. She's a grown woman and he's a grown man, lol. She slapped him with no real intent to harm at all, and he knew that.
I agree with this, though I am sick of the women-slapping-men trope, which to me seems SO old-fashioned. Teehee passionate women are so little and feisty and harmless, what firecrackers! At least in this case Jane wouldn't even make a dent in that Asgardian skin, and probably knew it, but I thought the scriptwriters' attempt to give a woman an opinion was pretty hackneyed. I also think the trope is a subtle way of denying that men strike the women they love, by only showing the reverse.

Quote:
Mmmm... I could watch that all day....

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #648
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Yes, you do.
Agreed. Marry her.
Queen Jane has a nice ring to it

Shawn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #649
balanda
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's zero indication of that in the MCU. It's okay, we can have different continuities. And "real" vs adoptive parents is a big theme with Loki vs Thor in the MCU so it wouldn't even make good story sense.

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #650
pepper
Side-Kick

A shame Natalie wasn't there at the Thor 2 Premiere ...the red carpet was in serious need of class/elegance after that disaster dress of Jaimie Alexander. Oh well, at least Kat Dennings made up for it. She looked lovely.

pepper is offline   Reply With Quote