The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you know someone who is unemployed, under-employed, or someone who has given up?
Yes 35 94.59%
No 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #26
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick
 
amazingfantasy15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 12,343
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Don't worry, it's all about to change, that trickle down should be here any day now. The rich, will show they are job creators very, very soon.

__________________
Until Spidey and MJ are back together again, Make Mine DC, 'nuff said.
amazingfantasy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #27
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,281
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Well they better be ready to accept the reality. Lot of entitled ****s need a dose of that. You see that NY Times about the rich wives of the wall streeters now having support groups because they can't go on spending binges? I wanted to vomit.

But that's all I have, it's the most immediate and drastic solution. A moratorium by math.
I agree. There are more than a few people on unemployment who are more than capable of working these jobs immigration opponents claim are stolen. But they're not going to work those jobs because they consider it beneath them or too much work. Especially when they can sit around and 'look' for jobs, and still pick up a check that should go to more deserving unemployed workers.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

also people are learning to do more than one thing....heres an example, I work for a home heating oil company....15 years ago there were 4 different departments just dealing with customer service...billing, service, sales, bookkeeping....as processes changed, you needed less people so now instead of talking to 3 different people to make a payment, get an account history, and set up a delivery, 1 person can do all of that

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,306
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/ny...1&ref=business

This is the "someone please ****ing shoot me" article btw. It's old but still.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #30
Handsome Rob
Prepare for Razzle-Dazzle
 
Handsome Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The good old days
Posts: 1,885
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
also people are learning to do more than one thing....heres an example, I work for a home heating oil company....15 years ago there were 4 different departments just dealing with customer service...billing, service, sales, bookkeeping....as processes changed, you needed less people so now instead of talking to 3 different people to make a payment, get an account history, and set up a delivery, 1 person can do all of that
That's true. I would say people just need to be entrepreneurial and strike out on their own, but our government currently isn't rewarding success in business.

__________________
May the wings of liberty never lose a feather. -- Jack Burton
I'm a Believer.

Want to join the Revolution? Support the FairTax.

Handsome Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #31
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/ny...1&ref=business

This is the "someone please ****ing shoot me" article btw. It's old but still.
this is why I stick with escorts

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #32
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,306
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

You know it's not just here. In China Foxconn recently installed new machines to take over the jobs of many workers. Going to leave many unemployed. It's a real change in the manufacturing process. Makes me wonder what will happen there if that keeps up pace.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #33
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,281
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Rob View Post
That's true. I would say people just need to be entrepreneurial and strike out on their own, but our government currently isn't rewarding success in business.
Unfortunately it's a combination of Big Business convincing government to regulate in favor of Big Business, and government not realizing the importance of the little guy being able to start up his own thing.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
Handsome Rob
Prepare for Razzle-Dazzle
 
Handsome Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The good old days
Posts: 1,885
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Unfortunately it's a combination of Big Business convincing government to regulate in favor of Big Business, and government not realizing the importance of the little guy being able to start up his own thing.
No argument from me on that. Regulation means compliance, compliance means cost, and big businesses are best able to absorb that cost. And small business? Well . . .

__________________
May the wings of liberty never lose a feather. -- Jack Burton
I'm a Believer.

Want to join the Revolution? Support the FairTax.

Handsome Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #35
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Don't worry, it's all about to change, that trickle down should be here any day now. The rich, will show they are job creators very, very soon.
Yeah...that whole "trickle down" thing works wonders.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #36
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,679
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

"Trickle down" does not work....nor was it ever truly intended to.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #37
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Hence my sarcasm.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #38
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,998
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

The only trickling down is the rich pissing on you. We've had the Bush tax cuts for a decade now. So when does the "job creation" kick in from it?

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

when the economy **** the bed, anyone with any extra money hid it away

can't say I blame them

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #40
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,004
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Nobody creates jobs if their taxes increase. Job creation hasn't been raining down upon us because for 2 years Obama has been scaring the market.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #41
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,281
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Nobody creates jobs if their taxes increase. Job creation hasn't been raining down upon us because for 2 years Obama has been scaring the market.
Which means they're probably investing their money outside the country. So the trickle down is happening, just not for us.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #42
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

a big part of the issue is training and experience....employers are having trouble finding people who have adequate experience...

take someone whos worked in a manufacturing plant for 15-20 years....what else are they qualified to do?

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #43
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

The latest unemployment claims numbers were released. Claims fell to 395,000. Woo.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #44
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Lightbulb Re: The Unemployment Situation II

POLL: ONLY 29 PERCENT OF AMERICANS BELIEVE THAT JOBS WILL IMPROVE IN THEIR AREA WITHIN A YEAR
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...tlook-on-jobs/

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #45
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I just heard on CNN that new projected unemployment numbers will top 400,000 again.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #46
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,972
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Time to get your ass a job at the car wash. Workin' at the car wash, yeah.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #47
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

workin' at the car wash

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #48
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,306
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Congratulations are in order for Illinois' War on Jobs.

California is following suit. Maybe even Obama.


__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #49
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I'm still not sure how President Obama or anyone can say that the economy is improving with a straight face.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #50
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I'm still not sure how President Obama or anyone can say that the economy is improving with a straight face.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.