The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you know someone who is unemployed, under-employed, or someone who has given up?
Yes 35 94.59%
No 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #101
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Breaking News: U.S. says economy added no jobs in August, worst number since September 2010. Jobless rate unchanged at 9.1%. - http://bit.ly/qx5qjZ
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #102
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Remember Marx, you need to add 87k just to keep up with population.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #103
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I've been out of town all weekend. What was the media and government spin on the latest jobs report?

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #104
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

unmitigated panic.....some crying

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #105
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

and riots on the streets with naked people drinking alcohol infused urine Budlight

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #106
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I thought that was Corona?

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #107
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Oh yes bottled skunk piss Corona, can't forget that

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #108
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Lightbulb Re: The Unemployment Situation II

UPDATE: MITT ROMNEY UNVEILS JOBS PLANS
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/09/...html?hpt=hp_t2

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #109
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,624
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
UPDATE: MITT ROMNEY UNVEILS JOBS PLANS
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/09/...html?hpt=hp_t2
And he's pretty confident in that, huh?

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #110
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I don't think any of them have any clear idea what to do

best demonstrated during the McMahon/Blumenthal Senate Race when Linda asked Blumenthal "how do you create a job?" and Blumenthal stuttered for three minutes

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #111
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,019
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

The U.S. Postal Service Is About To Go Belly Up…

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...153600714.html

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #112
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

read about that over the weekend......its tough

can't even remember the last time I mailed anything

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #113
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

I'm already licking my chops over how to profit from this

That said they probably bailout it or something.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #114
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

http://gawker.com/5837781/yahoos-ceo...over-the-phone

Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz fired

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #115
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Sum it up for me, because I'm not giving gawker any hits.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #116
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Sum it up for me, because I'm not giving gawker any hits.
did Gawker bad touch you somewhere?

basically the Yahoo board decided to get rid of her

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #117
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Yes it did, dammit!

Gawker, and sites like them, are jokes. And now with the TechCrunch scandal that's exposing the crap these sites do while claiming they're journalists...

Besides, I've never gone there. Don't plan to start now.

Reading from a reputable site, sounds like she just wasn't making them enough money, and wasn't effective in growing the brand.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #118
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Yes it did, dammit!

Gawker, and sites like them, are jokes. And now with the TechCrunch scandal that's exposing the crap these sites do while claiming they're journalists...

Besides, I've never gone there. Don't plan to start now.

Reading from a reputable site, sounds like she just wasn't making them enough money, and wasn't effective in growing the brand.
what's going on with TechCrunch?

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #119
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Its on the major sites like Bloomberg.

And I say GOOD. She needed to be canned, lets hope someone comes in and shake things up and bring some competition to Google.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #120
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Google is damn good at the job.....the word has become a part of the American lexicon

and on TechCrunch, I did read about that....but video game sites are dealing with similar problems....being threatened with lack of access to future product for writing unfavorable reviews

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #121
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,422
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
what's going on with TechCrunch?
Their founder created a venture capital firm to invest in other tech companies. It created a conflict of interest leaving the potential of TechCrunch favorably gathering coverage to tech firms that their founder invested in while shunning and negatively covering competitors. All the while, instead of AOL demanding their founder to step down, they not only let him keep his job, but also invested into his venture capital firm.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #122
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
what's going on with TechCrunch?
TechCrunch fired their chief editor and founder of the site after AOL announced they were starting a venture capital firm to invest in new companies. Companies that sites like TechCrunch report on.

(Like, back in April, the posted a really favorable article about a company, just 20 days before their editor 'happened' to invest heavily into it.)

He's claimed they'll be no problem with transparency and keeping the VC company separate from TechCrunch...even though the company will be called CrunchFund, and will have access to TechCrunch's private database about companies.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #123
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

wow....I thought there was just a flap over the unfavorable coverage...didn't know about the venture capital stuff

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #124
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
I don't think any of them have any clear idea what to do

best demonstrated during the McMahon/Blumenthal Senate Race when Linda asked Blumenthal "how do you create a job?" and Blumenthal stuttered for three minutes
Exactly.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #125
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,033
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
The U.S. Postal Service Is About To Go Belly Up…

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...153600714.html
Govt needs to bail them out. My dad and Sis work there. USPS goes under then NO ONE gets mail. Then NO ONE can pay their bills or mail stuff out.

.....

Granted Fed Ex and or UPS could expand and hire postal workers to deliver Daily mail.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.