The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #176
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: Should the transformation process (from CK to Superman) remain traditional?

Jor-El pressing the on his chest? Don't be silly, he has a guy that does that for him.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #177
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Default Re: Should the transformation process (from CK to Superman) remain traditional?

Or a robot

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #178
Prime
Banned User

Well as I said before, I just can't see that big, slightly raised S-shield just being there under his shirt, not with the direction this movie is going. Not to mention the cape. Maybe the suit will be clothing (and not some nano technology) and just have an advanced compression technology or something. I just can't see them leaving the transformation aspect untouched, not with all the comments we got about this movie from the people involved.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #179
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Well it's always been a suspension of disbelief factor. Especially with the cape under his clothes.

This interpretation would probably be easier to swallow because he's got boot socks instead of actual boots that your supposed to believe just appear from no where

But I do agree with you to some extent. I'm not sure how they will handle it.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #180
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Or a robot
Whoa! Cool your jets, we're not sure if Kryptonian technology is that advanced.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #181
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Hey guys, I know this may not be the right thread but has there been any indication what they're going for in terms of the Clark Kent/Superman coverup? Will they have it just be the glasses that hides his face like the old films, or will they include something else?

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #182
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Kelex.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #183
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Hey guys, I know this may not be the right thread but has there been any indication what they're going for in terms of the Clark Kent/Superman coverup? Will they have it just be the glasses that hides his face like the old films, or will they include something else?
We're all clueless... And TBH, pretty aggitated about it!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #184
Prime
Banned User

Nah, we know Jor-El has a robot. Otherwise we're clueless. I like it. I feel like I know too much already.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #185
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Hey if they can build a spaceship that can get a baby from Krypton to Earth, I'm sure they can manage a robot that presses a 'clothes activation button' for you

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #186
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Pfft, robots pressing 'clothes activation buttons'. They'll probably have an app for that.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #187
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
I know... But do you think the entire race of krypton does not put on clothes, but dresses using nano tech?

Is that really all that likely?

I just can't see it, personally.
The suit probably isn't just normal every day clothes.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #188
elgaz
Side-Kick

The suit could be a combat suit, a space suit, a survival suit, anything.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #189
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Isn't Krypton supposed to be at some kind of war? That would explain why Jor-El, Zod and Kal-El all wear similar clothes if it is battle dress

And for the people who say hiding the whole costume under his clothes is implausible:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Right on.

I recall someone who used to post here, Superboy I think, who said he wore a Superman costume under his clothes to school, including the cape and no one noticed. So there is a level of plausibility. Maybe you can even say that since it's alien fabric, it's somehow easier to slip under his work suit.

Even if there isn't, it's not a big deal. It's one the of top things that Superman does.

A bigger question is...should he do the Dean Cain spin?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #190
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #191
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
I know... But do you think the entire race of krypton does not put on clothes, but dresses using nano tech?

Is that really all that likely?

I just can't see it, personally.
How likely is an entire race of Kryptonians?

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #192
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well...why not?

Kryptonians are the most intelligent and technologically advanced beings in their galaxy. They are a people who have mastered, of all things, interstellar travel. Hell, one of their brightest minds discovered (or, in some versions, created) the Phantom Zone. I don't undersand why the idea of them developing a quicker and more efficient way of getting dressed crosses some sort of line.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #193
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

That's crazy-talk...like an entire race of humans changing TV channels by pointing a little box at it...instead of actually changing it on the TV.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #194
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

That's even crazier, people watching moving pictures on a box in their home. Next you'll tell me about wireless telecommunication devices you can carry in your pocket.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #195
elgaz
Side-Kick

If we had nanotechnology that had been developed to a degree where it was present in our everyday lives and affected how we live, I'm sure it would only be a matter of time before our clothing was affected.

Nanotechnology would theoretically allow anything to be constructed and deconstructed at a near molecular level much quicker than conventional methods. So why would we have 50 items of clothing in a cupboard when a nano-suit (for want of a better word!!) programmed correctly could simply transform into any kind of clothing we liked? Wear it as a tuxedo, hit a button and a second later it's casual wear .................. hit the button again and it's a diving suit. And it would never get damaged or dirty - if so, it could simply regenerate the affected areas.

It may seem silly at this point in time, but I've no doubt that if nano tech was widespread, clothing would be one of the first things to be affected.

What actually seems more silly to me at this point in time is that Superman comes from a hugely advanced alien race capable of interstellar travel, reaching other dimensions (phantom zone), and generating an entire fortress from a single crystal ....................................... yet he has to tuck in his red and blue suit under his Daily Planet work clothes. A nano-tech suit fits in much better with the idea of Kryptonians being an advanced race.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #196
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

It would also give us a Supersuit that is indestructible with its regenerative properties or extreme durability.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #197
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
It would also give us a Supersuit that is indestructible with its regenerative properties or extreme durability.
That would be nice. It would mean I could possibly get a scene with a bloody, beat up Superman with a torn up costume. But it would have to be in slow motion so that it doesn't regenerate too fast.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #198
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Who else but Snyder!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #199
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Pfft, robots pressing 'clothes activation buttons'. They'll probably have an app for that.
Is this Jor-EL we're talking about or George Jetson?

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #200
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Okay, you guys have made your point It's probably more believable than I was considering!

*\S/T*