The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #76
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: If there was a character twist, where would you expect it to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?

I can fly.
Duh. But Superman is fictional. Even his ability to grow hair is made up.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #77
8wid
Banned User

Who should be the real central villain in this trilogy, Luthor or Brainiac. I see Brainiac destroying Krypton, framing and then releasing Zod from the Phantom Zone, giving Luthor the technology to create Metallo and then Bizarro, releasing Doomday to kill Superman, and giving Luthor the data he needs to make Lex look like the hero that defeats that monster. I feel like Brainiac is more of Superman's real arch enemy.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #78
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Yeah, I'd like to see Brainiac used in a Voldemort capacity... the ultimate villain that serves the greatest threat throughout the entire film series. I'd like to see Lex used in a Magneto sort of way... Superman would know Lex is up to no good but won't be able to tie him to any crimes, so he would be left to make threats that he's not even sure if he can back up "One of these days, you're going to slip up, and I'm going to be right there to make sure you fall," etc. But at the same time, it would be interesting if Supes was a bit more idealistic and, seeing Lex's potential to actually be a heroic individualm would try to get him to abandon his sinister ways. Although that might be taking it too far and turning it into a Charles/Erik rip-off.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #79
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

let's not forget Darkseid and Mongul...I'd like to see Parasite also

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #80
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
I find it amusing that Meloni himself told us he was cast as a General. We were told is was a MAJOR role.
Now suddenly, he is just a Colonel Hardy.
I could understand Lex Luthor having a major role but a Colonel Hardy?
Oh SH**

Not sure if anyone said it yet, but what if Col. Hardy is one of a possible many roles Lex assumes? Like in STM when he sort of plays a part to hatch a scheme...

Old 08-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #81
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrypJonian View Post
Oh SH**

Not sure if anyone said it yet, but what if Col. Hardy is one of a possible many roles Lex assumes? Like in STM when he sort of plays a part to hatch a scheme...
haha...oh yes, it's gonna be EXACTLY like that

Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #82
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I watched all the Superman movies again recently, hence why I suddenly remembered Lex posed as a high up Army guy in Superman IV.

Superman 1 is still excellent, 2 is not quite as amazing but still a very watchable film with decent action, 3 slips a little further down the slope but the junkyard scene almost redeems the whole film ............................. and then 4 comes along, and it just plain sucks. Crappy production value, ridiculous plot elements, woeful special effects, and lots more. Reeve was skinny, and they used a cheaper Superman suit which didn't do him any favours.

The film has a human breathing in space for crying out loud.
I really feel like everyone needs to take a step back and re-evaluate what is most important in their lives...

Yeah, the special effects in IV were mostly atrocious.... But can you all really take it to the point of III being a good movie because of it...

Is there anyone here born around 82 that didn't just go ahead and believe the breathing in space for the first 1 MINUTE of SIV or so?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #83
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Oh SH**

Sorry, he play's two parts, then. The gen. disguise in IV could at least prove that he is capable of it...

Though this being a new Superman flick, Hackman Lex probably has absolutely 0% to do with anything...

Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #84
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I really feel like everyone needs to take a step back and re-evaluate what is most important in their lives...

Yeah, the special effects in IV were mostly atrocious.... But can you all really take it to the point of III being a good movie because of it...

Is there anyone here born around 82 that didn't just go ahead and believe the breathing in space for the first 1 MINUTE of SIV or so?
I was born in 82...

Old 08-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #85
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see Brainiac used in a Voldemort capacity... the ultimate villain that serves the greatest threat throughout the entire film series. I'd like to see Lex used in a Magneto sort of way... Superman would know Lex is up to no good but won't be able to tie him to any crimes, so he would be left to make threats that he's not even sure if he can back up "One of these days, you're going to slip up, and I'm going to be right there to make sure you fall," etc. But at the same time, it would be interesting if Supes was a bit more idealistic and, seeing Lex's potential to actually be a heroic individualm would try to get him to abandon his sinister ways. Although that might be taking it too far and turning it into a Charles/Erik rip-off.
You make absolutely no sense...

Old 08-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #86
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I was born in 82...
And how did you feel when you saw SIV? Whether in the theatre or on VHS, I'm sure you believed it just fine.... It wasn't until after that they had to include a breathing apparatus...

Old 08-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #87
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Plenty of Superman comics had him breathing in space... It just didn't translate well..

Old 08-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #88
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Well for one, Superman isn't a human. Having him speaking in space didn't bother me any. I mean what's to say aliens need the same things we do to survive? So for me it was completely believable

Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #89
Superman_200
Superman

It has to be that Meloni is Luthor because otherwise, the name of a character we have never heard of would certainly not be a very big secret. Why would he say "oh it is a big secret, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" instead of just saying "I will be playing General Whatshisface and I am really excited to be working in this movie."?

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #90
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

if they don't announce Luthor soon, my money is on Meloni being Lex

Old 08-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #91
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
All of Supeman's powers are made up.
There's always one isn't there?

But on that pedantic note...

Who is Supeman?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #92
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Who should be the real central villain in this trilogy, Luthor or Brainiac. I see Brainiac destroying Krypton, framing and then releasing Zod from the Phantom Zone, giving Luthor the technology to create Metallo and then Bizarro, releasing Doomday to kill Superman, and giving Luthor the data he needs to make Lex look like the hero that defeats that monster. I feel like Brainiac is more of Superman's real arch enemy.
I don't think it needs a central villain, just a sort of cause and effect plot running throughout like BB, TDK and probably TDKR.

But personally I hope it goes:

1. Zod, Faora and the US military
2. Lex, Intergang and Metallo
3. Darkseid

But you'd have to handle Darkseid really carefully to make it fit in a grounded, realistic setting, without sucking the point of the character out.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #93
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: If there was a character twist, where would you expect it to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I don't think it needs a central villain, just a sort of cause and effect plot running throughout like BB, TDK and probably TDKR.

3. Darkseid

But you'd have to handle Darkseid really carefully to make it fit in a grounded, realistic setting, without sucking the point of the character out.
Yea that how Id want the badies to line up, but your point about darksied is exactly the reason why I don't think well get darksied, but I hope I'm wrong,cause I want him so bad

Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #94
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
if they don't announce Luthor soon, my money is on Meloni being Lex
It has to be that he is Luthor. It just has to be because if they are seeking inspiration from Birthright, then Luthor would certainly have something to say, especially after another group of aliens arrive. How could he not?

I think it clearly has to be that Meloni is Lex unless they are still looking for a Luthor who has not been cast yet since he would be in Vancouver, not in the Illinois sets. But if not, it has to be Meloni.

Why else would the name of a character that we do not know be such a secret?

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #95
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

If I personally were in charge, my idea has always been that Braniac would disguise himself as Jor-El to fool Superman. And Henry Cavill kind of hinted that he and Russell had on-screen scenes together. Now I know that easily means Clark/Jor-El/Lara scenes will probably be like TAS, but who knows, maybe Nolan read my mind.

In all seriousness, Meloni turning out to be Lex Luthor is most likely. What if Colonol Hardy steals Zod's ship and uses the technology to build a mutli-million dollar corporation and in a move of complete vanity renames himself Lex Luthor, maybe Alexander is the middle name and Luthor is his mother's maiden name or his daddy was a dead beat ao he used Hardy until now. Just spit balling......

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #96
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post

3. Darkseid

I'd take out darkseid for brainiac, more to tie it in back to krypton. I think lex and metallo for a second film would be great. By having them as villains you could make a great story for lois and clark to really interact as reporters and investigate lex.

For brainiac you make zod refer to him in this film as a villain that even he fears.

Darkseid for me, just doesn't really belong in a superman film. There's too much of his story that has nothing to do with clark as a character and in a film he would basically be a watered down version of brainiac without the tie to krypton, which at that point you would be better off using brainiac to show how clark reacts when he finds out brainiac had a hand in destroying krypton.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #97
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I'd take out darkseid for brainiac, more to tie it in back to krypton. There's too much of his story that has nothing to do with clark as a character and in a film he would basically be a watered down version of brainiac without the tie to krypton, which at that point you would be better off using brainiac to show how clark reacts when he finds out brainiac had a hand in destroying krypton.
That's only if Brainiac has anything to do with Krypton's destruction, which he might not

Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #98
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
It has to be that he is Luthor. It just has to be because if they are seeking inspiration from Birthright, then Luthor would certainly have something to say, especially after another group of aliens arrive. How could he not?

I think it clearly has to be that Meloni is Lex unless they are still looking for a Luthor who has not been cast yet since he would be in Vancouver, not in the Illinois sets. But if not, it has to be Meloni.

Why else would the name of a character that we do not know be such a secret?
When Meloni said it was a secret I immediately thought he's Lex in disguise

Old 08-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #99
Sabaoth
Master

It could be. I wonder why Meloni said he had been casted as a General, when in fact, it had been a Colonel.
Has anyone seen any current images of Meloni, from the last few weeks? Has he shaved his head yet?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #100
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I'd take out darkseid for brainiac, more to tie it in back to krypton. I think lex and metallo for a second film would be great. By having them as villains you could make a great story for lois and clark to really interact as reporters and investigate lex.

For brainiac you make zod refer to him in this film as a villain that even he fears.

Darkseid for me, just doesn't really belong in a superman film. There's too much of his story that has nothing to do with clark as a character and in a film he would basically be a watered down version of brainiac without the tie to krypton, which at that point you would be better off using brainiac to show how clark reacts when he finds out brainiac had a hand in destroying krypton.
I completely appreciate what your saying, and it is a nice way to tie it back to the very beginning.

For me it depends on how they approached him. There are interpretations of Brainiac that i've found interesting, but some I just don't like.

For example, I personally find Brainiac in STAS a bit of a dull villain, and I don't think having him simply be Artifial Intelligence would make for a compelling story. I'd prefer a villain that was a bit more tangible and human.

I know you might think 'Well Darkseid isn't human', but he does have elements of humanity. He gets angry. He expresses frustration. He has desires.

And I know you'd have to tell the backstory, but I don't see how that'd be any more difficult than they handled the backstory of the Frost Giants in Thor.

They can still find ways to tie everything together as well. I had a few ideas myself.

Heck, I dunno how i'd feel about it, but they could even have Darksied be responsible for Krypton's destruction in some way.

I dunno. I wouldn't mind Brainiac. It just feels like everyone jumps on the Brainiac wagon without considering how epic other characters could be to end a triology as well.

Brainiac could do it, yes. But so could Darksied.

*\S/T*