The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Should Cavill's Superman costume include the Red Trunks?
The Trunks stay! 101 48.10%
The Trunks gotta go! 48 22.86%
I don't care if the Trunks stay or go! 61 29.05%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #26
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
unless he has some kind of private server, ive just done a google search concerning his "paste and copy" with multiple pieces from that statement, and nothing besides this thread comes up in the search results...

so i personally think this is a bogus claim

Well if he faked that, he did an excellent job lol! Bravo that man, and I hope you're the excellent hoaxter that Super Kal says you are!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #27
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
Well if he faked that, he did an excellent job lol! Bravo that man, and I hope you're the excellent hoaxter that Super Kal says you are!
I has already said he made it up...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #28
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I think the yellow that fella is seeing is from a light reflection. And I'm pretty sure that is a silver border around the shield. But then again it could just be a recess in the chest that the shield fits into...
It's a blue plastic-like molding/piping, just like on the neckline/cape attachment area.....

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
It's a blue plastic-like molding/piping, just like on the neckline/cape attachment area.....

It's possible that is what it is...and now I'm about 99% convinced that his thighs are like those in Superman: Earth-One

Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #30
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

To me, the texture on his suit looks like the dimples on a golf ball. Now that may sound silly at first, and I don't know if it was purposely designed that way, but the dimples on a golf ball actually help it travel farther in the air because of less drag...so maybe there's a functional 'purpose' besides just visual texture.....

...but then, the cape kinda' throws all the aerodynamics out the window in terms of drag.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #31
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
Oh God, come on guys.

"There is no spoon."

"There are no trunks"

and "There is no link" because it's so obvious I made that up.

Just a little sigh of fustration with those who keep saying there are trunks there. There so clearly isn't. And ofcouse I'm unhappy with this, I would have liked them to stay as true to the original (the superman we have come to know and love...before someone shoots in with "what do you mean original")But just a little harmless dig at all the crotch watchers.

Sorry guys, I wish for trunks too. But it aint gonna happen man. <V>

Hey it was funny. It certainly yanked my chain lol. You did a masterful job of faking that news item because it certainly read like something Henry would say. The only bit that made me suspicious was the part where Henry says something about (paraphrasing here) "I believe he lost the trunks in the comics recently" or something like that. I think Henry would be totally be up on that little fact. Other than that I was gutted because I want trunks, and I believe that would be the icing on the cake of a GREAT update of the classic costume. Still think he'll have trunks.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #32
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Quote:
Well if he faked that, he did an excellent job lol! Bravo that man,
Haha thanks, just thought a little light humour would go a long way in here, it's steaming full of this never-ending debate of trunks/no trunks! I really do hope for the pants though. It's iconic. Aint broken. So dont fix it.

Quote:
I has already said he made it up...
I has already said I made it up LOL

Quote:
Hey it was funny. It certainly yanked my chain lol. You did a masterful job of faking that news item because it certainly read like something Henry would say. The only bit that made me suspicious was the part where Henry says something about (paraphrasing here) "I believe he lost the trunks in the comics recently" or something like that. I think Henry would be totally be up on that little fact. Other than that I was gutted because I want trunks, and I believe that would be the icing on the cake of a GREAT update of the classic costume. Still think he'll have trunks.
Haha, absolutely, it was just on the spot thinking, but yeah, having that he says to have read everything from the beginning of time ... he must have caught wind of that. Wind, or should I say chill ...Especially since now he seems to be a little less insulated in the crotch dept.

<V>

<V>

Old 08-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #33
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Haha thanks, just thought a little light humour would go a long way in here, it's steaming full of this never-ending debate of trunks/no trunks! I really do hope for the pants though. It's iconic. Aint broken. So dont fix it.

I has already said I made it up LOL

Haha, absolutely, it was just on the spot thinking, but yeah, having that he says to have read everything from the beginning of time ... he must have caught wind of that. Wind, or should I say chill ...Especially since now he seems to be a little less insulated in the crotch dept.

<V>

<V>
hahaha...I didn't even notice that. The dumb redneck in me came out right then I guess!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #34
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
To me, the texture on his suit looks like the dimples on a golf ball. Now that may sound silly at first, and I don't know if it was purposely designed that way, but the dimples on a golf ball actually help it travel farther in the air because of less drag...so maybe there's a functional 'purpose' besides just visual texture.....

...but then, the cape kinda' throws all the aerodynamics out the window in terms of drag.
That's funny... now that you mention it, the texture does kinds of remind me of that of colored golfballs at miniature golf courses. Doesn't bother me though... I think a pronounced texture like this makes the suit pop more. When you look at the SR suit by comparison, that suit was a bit more flat in (it was also textured, just not as bold) and that made it just look kinda dull.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #35
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Quote:
hahaha...I didn't even notice that. The dumb redneck in me came out right then I guess!
Not a problem

But regarding the piping on the collar, anyone think that it's a bit...much?

I mean around the S it looks fine, but the one on the collar, look closely at the neck line

[/QUOTE]

it almost looks like it's about to snap off (it's raised even above the suit material it's that plastic).

Also, wouldn't have perhaps a darker shade of blue, or perhaps even gold ala Earth One been a bit more striking?

Could someone manip it with a darker colour or gold for the piping please?

The piping on the collar just really makes the suit look llike it was made for or by Mattel ...even though I do love the overall look of the suit

<V>

Last edited by verisimilitude; 08-08-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #36
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
That's funny... now that you mention it, the texture does kinds of remind me of that of colored golfballs at miniature golf courses. Doesn't bother me though... I think a pronounced texture like this makes the suit pop more. When you look at the SR suit by comparison, that suit was a bit more flat in (it was also textured, just not as bold) and that made it just look kinda dull.

So far, apart from not knowing whether the trunks are there or not, this update is everthing I thought Singer was going to do with his costume. Remember how Louise Mingenbech when ask about the T-shirt neckline and cape attachment, said something to the effect of "We tried it, but we couldn't make it work" well someone needs to send a picture of the new neckline to that underachiever lol!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #37
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

the suit looks rubber to me. I like the piping on the thighs and around the shield. Maybe they needed to have it around the neck also in order to keep the cape attached. I like that is the way they are attaching the cape

Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #38
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Thumbs up Well said.

Quote:
So far, apart from not knowing whether the trunks are there or not, this update is everthing I thought Singer was going to do with his costume. Remember how Louise Mingenbech when ask about the T-shirt neckline and cape attachment, said something to the effect of "We tried it, but we couldn't make it work" well someone needs to send a picture of the new neckline to that underachiever lol!
Y.E.S. Somebody send the picture to the "costume designer" who ruined SR and reduced the appearance of all of Brandon's hard work to attain his muscle definition ...which he did. I don't know where it is but there is a picture somewhere of his arm and shoulder where he is picking up a weight. He was ripped.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #39
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Quote:
the suit looks rubber to me. I like the piping on the thighs and around the shield. Maybe they needed to have it around the neck also in order to keep the cape attached. I like that is the way they are attaching the cape

I do love that cape attachment though. Beautiful.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #40
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it is to reinforce the neckline to carry the weight of the cape. S:TM did a brilliant job in that dept. but iirc Lois & Clark costumers had a hell of a time coming up with a suitable attachment because of how the cape pulled on the blue fabric. Dean Cain had some sort of harness super structure to support his cape in later episodes.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #41
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

the cape attachment is fantastic...love it!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #42
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not a problem

But regarding the piping on the collar, anyone think that it's a bit...much?

I mean around the S it looks fine, but the one on the collar, look closely at the neck line

it almost looks like it's about to snap off (it's raised even above the suit material it's that plastic).

Also, wouldn't have perhaps a darker shade of blue, or perhaps even gold ala Earth One been a bit more striking?

Could someone manip it with a darker colour or gold for the piping please?

The piping on the collar just really makes the suit look llike it was made for or by Mattel ...even though I do love the overall look of the suit

<V>[/QUOTE]

I really like it, and I don't think this picture is doing it justice. I'll be honest I think they are adding these little details to compete with amazing costumes like the various Iron Man suits and Thor. I don't mind these additions to be honest as it contemporizes the suit, and if that means it adds a little fillip to the Classic costume to make it acceptable to today's audiences, so be it.

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 08-08-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #43
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:

Haha I mentioned the exact same thing a few pages back, even about the cape! I wonder if that really is part of the reason his suit is like that.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #44
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
It looks more like dimpled plastic to me....with the piping reminding me of a beach pail, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Haha I mentioned the exact same thing a few pages back, even about the cape! I wonder if that really is part of the reason his suit is like that.
Heh...Superman's suit....inspired by a golf ball.

Last edited by KalMart; 08-08-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:30 AM   #45
bobguy64
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind the loss of the trunks so much if the spit curl was there. IMO, it's more iconic than the trunks.

The difference between 'guy with black hair' and 'Superman' is the spit curl.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #46
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick

Had myself some fun with the "fabrica de herois" flash app (check it out here....http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/...it's pretty cool, even if it is in Portugese) and I made a mock-up of what I think the costume will look like if there are trunks, which I still think is a 50/50 possibility either way.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #47
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

i really hope the lack of trunks, on a costume made of primary colors, won't look like a unni, because the general public, who are familiar with the costume and aren't familiarized with the lack of trunks in the new comic book reboot, may find it funny to laugh at.

having trunks and making it fun of it is all good, but when you have a costume that looks like Superman is wearing pajama unni, the public may laugh at that am afraid

It may look good in a drawing, but in live action with a real person, it's going to look more silly than before

Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #48
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I hope that the actual Official Costume is something like this.

*\S/T*
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #49
guAsp
Realist

Quote:
I think the yellow that fella is seeing is from a light reflection. And I'm pretty sure that is a silver border around the shield. But then again it could just be a recess in the chest that the shield fits into...
it definetley could be the light, I thought of that too. But the seam around his side torso also shows allot of yellow too. Maybe a possibility.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #50
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I hope that the actual Official Costume is something like this.

I think it will look something like that. But the seams on the top half should be gold, and the inside of thigh should be darker shade of blue.

I believe in Batfleck
Closed Thread