The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How much do you think X-Men: First Class will earn worldwide?
$0 50 million 0 0%
$50 100 million 4 6.90%
$100 150 million 10 17.24%
$150 200 million 3 5.17%
$200 250 million 5 8.62%
$250 300 million 5 8.62%
$300 350 million 4 6.90%
$350 400 million 14 24.14%
$400 450 million 6 10.34%
$450 500 million 5 8.62%
$500+ million 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
weekend estimates:

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

First Class isnt in the top 50!

did FC dissapeared from the theatres now of a sudden or what???

what the hell is happening with boxofficemojo?

I dont understand it
Its just not included in the estimates.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

I know that...

the question is "why?"

?????

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #28
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

This was easily my favorite film of the summer. It's performance was underwhelming at the box-office, but I would still call it a decent hit. Especially when you go by WW gross. I consider it a reboot, so it's not too surprising it didn't blow-up bigger. The Batman reboot opened to $49 million I believe and the Singer Superman film opened around $50 million-ish. Both topped out at $200 million, but in the case of Batman Begins, it's return to quality was the big thing really. It was rebuilding it's tarnished brand like X-Men. I expect the sequel to perform even better in two years. Follow the same arc as the initial Singer films.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #29
Celestial
Side-Kick

Weekend actuals: $187,809.

Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
Angamb
Banned User

less than I would haved liked.... but less than 50% drop, so not as bad.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #31
MARVEL ROCKS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
less than I would haved liked.... but less than 50% drop, so not as bad.
Like I said, last weekend it got the bump thanks to Apes.

MARVEL ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #32
rayc1971
Side-Kick

this should get a sequel heck gi joe is and it only made 150mill on a budget of 175mill so the made 145mill on a budget of 160mill not bad at all

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #33
Quetzal
Side-Kick

Ray, 145 Mil domestic on a 160 budget which after Tax Rebates pushed cost to ~ 130. And WW was much more

Quetzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #34
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick

Glad it crossed $350m worldwide and would like to have had $150m domestic but oh well. As long as it gets a sequel I'm going to be happy.
I mean, as noted G.I. Joe is getting one. The Narnia films stay alive due to worldwide figures. Hell, even Pirates 4 didn't do it's budget domestically($1B worldwide though) so I'm confident FOX will, in this case, do the right thing and give us Second Class!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
blueserenity
Side-Kick

The tricky thing about X-Men is that no matter what it will have other movies... The Wolverine is coming up, X4 sounds more and more likely (ughhhh). So it's not like FC was the last X-Men movie they were going to make and unsure if thy would make more after.

It makes the whole "logically there should be a sequel" thing harder to work out. Especially because it IS Fox. Other studios seem a lot more forgiving about BO numbers > sequel. Let's just cross our fingers that the critical acclaim and the fact that many people only decided to see it when it was already out of theatres will mean major DVD/BR sales... enough for a sequel. Man do we ever need a sequel.

Last edited by blueserenity; 08-17-2011 at 02:06 PM.
blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #36
Karelia
We Are Groot

In any of the new X-Men movies, I just want Fass as Mags and McAvoy as Prof X and I'll be extremely happy.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

To be honest I'm cool if no there's 2nd class film and just X-Men 4. I would like to see Emma, Havok and Banshee again and I would like to see how Cyclops, Jean and Storm became a X-Men member but do we really need to have a film for that especially the box-office performance of XFC isn't that good.

X-Men 4 would be more successful in the box-office.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #38
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
To be honest I'm cool if no there's 2nd class film and just X-Men 4. I would like to see Emma, Havok and Banshee again and I would like to see how Cyclops, Jean and Storm became a X-Men member but do we really need to have a film for that especially the box-office performance of XFC isn't that good.

I disagree. XMFC numbers were low BECAUSE this movie followed Wolverine and X3. FC restored people's faith in the franchise but I think in a way that means people are way more interested in Second Class than X4. I'm sure all the fanboys want their original X-Men back but I'm pretty sure the GA wouldn't be so interested in X4. Despite FC's critical success, X4 would still be the sequel to X3, the X-Men movie most people tend to prefer to ignore/see as an unfortunate AU. X4 would come out what, 8 years after its predecessor? People would go rewatch X3 to remember what happened so they could prep for the sequel, remember just how crap a movie it really is, and steer clear of X4.

I think too that the GA doesn't have the attention span for X4 8 years after its predecessor. Especially with all this flip flopping back and forth in the movies timeline. 2000s, then 1980s, then 1960s, then 1980s, then 2000s, then 1970s.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a general audience member. My only tie to X-Men is that I loved the cartoon when I was little. I would certainly line up to see XMFC2 but I'm debating seeing Wolverine cuz the first one was so bad and you'd have to pay me a tidy sum of money to go watch X4 considering how wretched X3 was. And those are opinions I'm certainly not alone on. :/ XMFC being a critical success does not beget critical success in the two other X-Men movie lines.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #39
MARVEL ROCKS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

No it won't be more successful. It will be a really expensive movie and frankly speaking x-men's boxoffice potential has a limit. It cannot gross more than 260 million domestically. X4 would easily cost $250+ million if the entire cast returns.

I would prefer a sequel to X-men:FC on a $130-135 million budget. Will easily do $180+ million domestically because of the good will this movie has created.

MARVEL ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVEL ROCKS View Post
No it won't be more successful. It will be a really expensive movie and frankly speaking x-men's boxoffice potential has a limit. It cannot gross more than 260 million domestically. X4 would easily cost $250+ million if the entire cast returns.

I would prefer a sequel to X-men:FC on a $130-135 million budget. Will easily do $180+ million domestically because of the good will this movie has created.
Well the entire cast of X3 will not return, just some of them but not all of them, thats for sure.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #41
rayc1971
Side-Kick

it would make more since to make a first class sequel for about 140 to 150 million than doing a x4 for a 250 million budget even the lone ranger movie had a 250 million budget so dont tellme x4 wouldnt cost between 200 and 250 million

Old 08-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #42
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:

i agree a first class sequel would be a better option you could do it for between 140 and 150 millon and it would do 180 to 200 million domestic fox is greedy so they will make x4 and it will cost around 250 million to make and wont gross its budget back

Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #43
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:

X4 is never going to happen. I can't even fathom how fox could pull the cast back together, let alone a believable/workable story. A FC sequel will bring the biggest bang for the buck. I like how you bring up the "good will" FC has brought. I agree, and I think there was a lot of positive word of mouth and fan/critic reaction that will continue and attach itself to a sequel film. Couple that with the fact that the lead actors of this film are becoming bigger and bigger stars. It only makes for big BO numbers in the future.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #44
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fox’s X-Men: First Class, $206.8 million
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...fs-beat-225737

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #45
4ntonio4guilar

i hope it makes a good amount of money although i think the soundtrack out-shined the actual film

Last edited by 4ntonio4guilar; 08-22-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: made a booboo
4ntonio4guilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #46
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ntonio4guilar View Post
made a hip hop beat with magneto's theme. feel free to comment
...Wrong thread. :P

ON topic, 206.8 awesome . Wonder what the weekend totals domestic will be. It's ohsoclose to 146M! D:

Old 08-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #47
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc1971 View Post
i agree a first class sequel would be a better option you could do it for between 140 and 150 millon and it would do 180 to 200 million domestic fox is greedy so they will make x4 and it will cost around 250 million to make and wont gross its budget back
X4 doesn't have to have a $250 million budget

Visual effects are cheaper now and I doubt all the characters who died and depowered in X3 will come back. The only A-lister actors that has to come back are Hugh and Halle.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #48
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

It's very possible that 4 & 5 would be filmed back to back to save money.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #49
Electrix
Side-Kick

X4 wouldn't cost $250 million. Maybe with marketing, but not to make. The reason X3 cost so much was because the cast only signed up for 2 films originally, so contracts needed to be made for X3. Because they were needed to complete the trilogy, they got a nice payday.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #50
BMM
Side-Kick

Contracts need to be made for X-Men 4 too, just like they did for The Last Stand. The only reason it would be cheaper now is because both the actors and franchise don't maintain the same leverage they did in 2005 and 2006.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote